PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Interview Results.....

DonDave
21st Apr 2006, 18:23
Had NATS stage 2 Interview last week. Personally i thought it went quite well, it was my third attempt. There were 4 of us on the day, we exchanged emails and said that we would let each other know results. Somewhat remarkably all three emailed me the very next day saying that they had been told they failed. Now, its been over a week for me and heard nothing, and i cant help but think that its a good sign, always heard the longer the wait the better news...but not sure how true that is. Anyway, i was curious to anyone who has passed recently, did it take long for you to find out? did they ring you or email you to tell you like after the first assessment?

Thanks a lot!

Aerodave
21st Apr 2006, 19:08
I passed 3 weeks ago, I attended my interview and sat back and waited the statutory 15 working days rubbish, after the 15 days I rang the HR people 2 -3 times and got responses from 'we have just emailed you' to ‘my colleague is just processing the applications now’. Eventually they said they would ring me back with the result in 15 minutes. I did not get a call back till the next day, by this time I had just got off a 9 hour flight to the USA so I think the HR woman felt a bit letdown by my lack of jubilation (just spent 9 hours sat like a battery hen).

So all in all I think the fact that you have not heard anything is promising, after all it takes time to allocate you to a course and all the other admin work such as processing you medical form and all that.

Got my fingers crossed for you, might even see you at the college in June

Aerodave

niknak
21st Apr 2006, 23:32
Is that you Dave?

DonDave
22nd Apr 2006, 10:01
Is that you Dave?

???

me?

who's asking? :D

J0hn
22nd Apr 2006, 13:40
I passed 3 weeks ago, I attended my interview and sat back and waited the statutory 15 working days rubbish, after the 15 days I rang the HR people 2 -3 times and got responses from 'we have just emailed you' to ‘my colleague is just processing the applications now’. Eventually they said they would ring me back with the result in 15 minutes. I did not get a call back till the next day, by this time I had just got off a 9 hour flight to the USA so I think the HR woman felt a bit letdown by my lack of jubilation (just spent 9 hours sat like a battery hen).

So all in all I think the fact that you have not heard anything is promising, after all it takes time to allocate you to a course and all the other admin work such as processing you medical form and all that.

Got my fingers crossed for you, might even see you at the college in June

Aerodave

WELL DONE FOR GETTING IN.

I have got my stage 2 interview on tuesday . . fingers crossed. Does anyone know the course allocation at the moment ? as in , if I get through will the course be June , October , or even January or after ?

Does anyone know the exact initial pay scales also ?

Thanks

niknak
22nd Apr 2006, 20:48
???
me?
who's asking? :D

Sorry Don,

its called irony, something you'll get used to when you get as old and twisted as me.;)

Ishmael
24th Apr 2006, 00:24
Originally Posted by JOhn

Does anyone know the course allocation at the moment ? as in , if I get through will the course be June , October , or even January or after ?

Does anyone know the exact initial pay scales also ?
Hey JOhn, I just found out that I passed and I have been allocated to the June course. Also the initial pay is £10,000 annually whilst training.

Hope that helps!

Aerodave
24th Apr 2006, 09:31
In the pack what they send out they tell you all about the starting wage at the college and the Training Point Scale thing which is when you are validating but can anyone tell me what the payscale is for a validated ATCO

Cheers

Aerodave

smellysnelly2004
24th Apr 2006, 10:40
Think I read somewhere that for the highest band units a validated ATCO starts at £42,000 under the new pay scale.

Dances with Boffins
24th Apr 2006, 11:05
... rising to "How Much!!!?" :eek: :sad: :(

Inverted81
24th Apr 2006, 11:18
... rising to "How Much!!!?" :eek: :sad: :(
well of course it depends which unit u go to!

still trying to figure out who DwB is..... :ok: think i know.... :E

foghorn
24th Apr 2006, 15:18
Think I read somewhere that for the highest band units a validated ATCO starts at £42,000 under the new pay scale.

Yep, that's what newly valid folks at LTCC and LL TWR get. Swanwick folks get a couple of grand less due to the lack of outer London weighting. It's not a huge amount less than that in the bottom band units, either, as DwB suggests it's at the top end of the pay scales where the real differences between units are.