PDA

View Full Version : Tockwith

MEON VALLEY FLYER
21st Apr 2006, 15:25
anyone know if any flying goes on here or it is just a car test track these days, multimap certainly seems to show an e-w strip of the black stuff with numbers each end

welliewanger
21st Apr 2006, 15:30
I learned to drive there in 1996. There were two runways, one for cars, the other for planes. Don't know what it's like now.

markflyer6580
22nd Apr 2006, 11:06
Last time I raced there (karts) both runways that I could see were taken up by race track and in pretty bad order aswell,that was a couple of years ago.:ok:

Them thar hills
22nd Apr 2006, 17:44
MVF
There's no regular flying at Marston Moor, only r/c models on an infrequent basis.
The east-west runway has a good surface but has old tyres and other un-aeronatical clutter on it.
Not too long ago airfield was tidied up, resurfaced and licensed, and even got as far as having a VHF frequency allocated. Unfortunately, planning permission (or lack of it) stopped any further development. The local residents have never liked aeroplanes of any sort, as long as I can remember there have been noise problems there. The local housing has also grown and is quite near to the north eastern airfield boundary. So any flying is on a loser. Having said that, the runway is still there, and long enough for most 4 seat tourers. I believe the odd glider may have made an out-landing there, but that's about all. Sorry but I don't have any contact details.
Regards
TTH
:)

javelin
22nd Apr 2006, 20:12
I do all my aero's over there just to piss off the NIMBY's :E

markflyer6580
23rd Apr 2006, 14:34
Good drills that man:ok: