PDA

View Full Version : Licence Conversion

flyingman
20th Apr 2006, 23:42
Hi guys and gals

I am looking for some information on licence conversions and job opportunities.

I am a British citizen with a JAR and FAA ATP, currently flying a CitationJet and have the Citation 525 series type rating on both licences.

I would like to know whats involved in converting to a Canadian licence.

I have just over 3000 hours and currently fly as Captain on the CJ, what are the possibilities of getting a job in Canada as my ex is moving there with her new husband and taking my 7 year old son with her!

It doesnt have to necessarily be in corporate, I'm very flexible and have DC 8 experience too and also many hours instructing.

All or any help and information will be gratefully recieved.

Flyingman

saudipc-9
21st Apr 2006, 03:33
Flyingman,
I don't know for sure, but the link below will send you to Transport Canada and they will have the answers that you are seeking. You might also wish to contact immigration. You would need to find out if you can come over to start with. I do know that Air Canada is hiring about 500 pilots this year. Good Luck
http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/menu.htm

flyingman
21st Apr 2006, 10:38
Thanks Saudipc for taking the time to reply, I'm very grateful for any help or information. I have an immigration Company working on my case, and, according to them I do qualify.

Just the slight problem of a job, or just the possibility of a job which remains.

Are British people recieved warmly by Canadian people and in particular the flying community?

Regards

Flyingman

cplpilot
21st Apr 2006, 17:55
Everybody is received very well in Canada.
Canadians are very good people and Canada is a wonderful country.
Jobwise i have to say is not easy though, my wife, for example, was a lawyer assistant in italy for 15 years and she had hard time to find an opportunity here (even out of her line of work). We stop searching because she got pregnant...
A guy i met at my IFR rating, was a 737 captain in east europe but had an hard time ti find a job...
I heard a lot "we are looking for some canadian experience" many times.... plus salaries here are nothing compared to europe...

RatherBeFlying
21st Apr 2006, 19:06
Check the employment forum on www.avcanada.ca

Having been moved to Canada with my stepfather when 9, I fully support your moving to Canada to be with your son -- I wish my father had.

Frankly, if there's any way to stop their move in court, that's where I would be today.