PDA

View Full Version : Sunday.....

kevmusic
16th Apr 2006, 16:13
It's quiet on here today. 'Spect most of you lucky bastard PPls or training are away flying :bored:

Post up & tell us ground-bound sods what you've been up to.

Kev

cagivawally
16th Apr 2006, 16:32
Well Ive been cleaning my motorcycle all day.
Apart from the 20 mins waiting for help when it nearly fell off the workbench and I had to hold it in balance until someone could remove the offending part blocking the hydraulic ram!!!!!

LysanderV8
16th Apr 2006, 17:07
Having passed my GST last week and flown on Friday, Mrs Lysander seemed to think that the garden was in need of my attention. Pity it started to rain ;)

So I put me feet up and scanned the rags, but I wish I hadn't. I get so wound up about the stupidity of so much that goes on in our fair country these days.

So here I sit for a while on the net, idling checking out things like conversion of a JAR PPL to be valid in New Zealand or some other equally attractive spot, where I can be allowed to be responsible for my own welfare and not be cocooned in case someone is worried I will sue them, and where common sense still prevails.

I love dreaming..........:D

Lysander

Gertrude the Wombat
16th Apr 2006, 17:10
Er, it's Easter. That means election time. I've been walking the streets stuffing leaflets through letter boxes.

SkyHawk-N
16th Apr 2006, 17:43
I went flying as I didn't want to be bothered by electioneers sticking leaflets through my letter box! ;)

Skyhawk

tmmorris
16th Apr 2006, 17:44
Well, my home base was closed so that put a stop to that!

Tim

Rod1
16th Apr 2006, 18:03
My new machine finished its flight test yesterday (Saturday) so I am grounded until the PFA issue my Permit to Fly. Very frustrating, but the flying season has many more weekends left in it.

Rod1

kevmusic
16th Apr 2006, 18:13
I'm really disappointed! Between showers the weather here in Kent looked superb - vis for miles & like air so smooth it looked like flying on rails! Cloudbase 3k or so. Can't believe anyone except Skyhawk went flying. :sad:

Kev

SkyHawk-N
16th Apr 2006, 18:23
The air was VERY smooth, a bit murky but when the sun came out inbetween the clouds the vis. was great. The cloud base was down to 1,800ft in places but it was easy to avoid the showers.

Skyhawk.

360BakTrak
16th Apr 2006, 18:34
I took my 19 month old son for his 1st ever trip in a light aircraft, which was a C177 Cardinal. Mind you, it was my 1st trip in a Cardinal too so we had the same amount of experience on type!!:p

Paris Dakar
16th Apr 2006, 19:36
kevmusic,

Well, as much as I would have liked to go flying, I've been pottering around the house today.

Job 1) Fix the leak (small one) from the radiator that I managed to make an @rse of installing last week.

Job 2) Finished off some painting that I started eons ago.

Job 3) Cut the grass and took some weeds out.

Just about to start job #4 - open a few nicely chilled beers and sit down and watch TV.

kevmusic
16th Apr 2006, 19:45
Er, it's Easter. That means election time. I've been walking the streets stuffing leaflets through letter boxes.

I am asahamed :oh: ! I should've been in church as I am a practising Christian :). But there were jobs to do at home & I couldn't help watching the weather whilst in the garden doing as per Paris Dakar.

A chap should've been flying! :{

Kev

Whirlybird
16th Apr 2006, 19:58
I was working...but these days that means flying. :ok: I had three trial lessons, including one 70 year old lady who had a surprise birthday present of a helicopter lesson - she thought she was being taken to the local car boot sale, not the airport. It took two of us to get her into the R22 as her hips didn't work very well, but she insisted on having a go at everything, including hovering, and loved every moment of it. Flying doesn't get much better than that...and I even get paid for it.

G-MANN
16th Apr 2006, 20:35
I went circuit bashing in Liverpool. My first 10 Landings now in my logbook. On a high now!!

Roll on Thursday for the next session.

G-MANN

markflyer6580
16th Apr 2006, 21:22
Was going to go on a club fly out to le touqet but getting home late due to unreliable bmw on friday,I spent most of today at the in laws to keep the reaper off my back,and an hour fixing said bmw only for the bloody thing not to work,I knew I shouldn't have strayed from volkswagen!

Shame really the weather up here was spot on with crystal clear vis too:{

eharding
16th Apr 2006, 21:34
Had my first Pitts tail-wheel failure.

Luckily, it was while pushing MAXG off the pumps, not
while I was landing it 2 minutes earlier. End bolt sheared
through, looks like it had been going for a while. Hopefully
a quick fix tomorrow.

stiknruda
17th Apr 2006, 20:48
Flew from home to Bidford Friday for a curry night in my S2A+ its first x-country flight since boosting the engine by 30 hp - what a difference in climb and cruise speeds with no detrimental fuel penalties.

Sat - left it well alone.

Sun - airshow locally with smoke and then off to my folks nr Wales.

This morning, home via Wolverhampton for motion-lotion.

Aaaaah, I think the season is just starting!

Happy & safe flying to all.

Stik

'Chuffer' Dandridge
17th Apr 2006, 20:59
Display practice in the CAP10, then a poodle round the locality in the Super Cub at less than 500ft, legally. Monday even better, wx warmer and more flying in the CAP :ok:

Stik, what was the airshow you did on Sunday?

Mariner9
18th Apr 2006, 09:22
Great days flying Sunday. Got three new airfields in the logbook (Panshanger, Old Buckenham, & Clacton) then a very pleasant early evening flight back to Cardiff :ok:

HappyJack260
18th Apr 2006, 10:08
Friday - Flew from Camden (near Sydney) to Parkes - 140nm west to watch practice session for the Australian Aerobatic Nationals. 140 knots everage groundspeed on the way there, 160 knots on the way back (this in a Pitts). Late afternoon sun laying long shadows across country New South Wales.
Monday - 40 minutes in the Pitts practicing aeros, including snap rolls on a 45 degree upline (a first), inspired by watching the competitors earlier in the weekend. A couple of circuits to finish off, including one where I had been help above circuit height (at 2000') until turning base. But the Pitts loses altitude like a manhole cover, so no problem...

Beautiful autumn weather all weekend - clear blue skies; 21c temperatures, low humidity. Really set me up for going back to work today.

dublinpilot
18th Apr 2006, 10:29
Had a lovely time in the Isle of Man.

Flew over Sat morning, in beautiful clear weather, and back Sunday evening.

A lovely place :)

dp

Genghis the Engineer
18th Apr 2006, 11:10
Spent sunday morning fixing a poorly undercarriage leg, but then had a very pleasant afternoon flying Mrs.G then some friends in my new 1/8th of a Stinson S108-2.

Followed it up by spending bank holiday Monday flying to the Isle of Wight with a friend and club member who was feeling rusty and wanted company - which was all very pleasant.

Finished it off by doing the permit air test on another friend's rather nice Aviasud Mistral - which for complicated reasons spread out to about 1:20.

So, in total, about 5:40, of which I paid for about 2 hours myself.

All absolutely delightful.

G