PDA

View Full Version : Dave Scouller

Lee Frost
16th Apr 2006, 12:49
Hello all,

I am thinking of doing an FI(R) rating in the next 6 months. I have heard good things about Old Sarum, and Dave Scouller's course there...Is Dave still working there?

If anyone has been there, would you mind posting your experiences? (PM if preferred)

LF

Dr Eckener
16th Apr 2006, 19:13
Would suggest a call to Old Sarum!

Lembrado
17th Apr 2006, 17:10
Lee Frost

Whatever you do, don't refer to him as 'Dave' - Won't go down well!

Excellent course. Apart from learning to be a good Instructor, David will analyse your flying, take it apart, then put it back together again.

Personally I found it the most difficult flying course I've ever done; even more so than the CPL, IR and B757 rating.

Go and enjoy it!

L

Lee Frost
18th Apr 2006, 11:19
Thanks Lembrado :) I'll take that on board - just about to give them a call.

LF

BongleBear
22nd Apr 2006, 10:37
I went through the course with David at Old Sarum, found it absolutely fantastic. Old Sarum is a great place with a friendly atmosphere. The level of instruction is excellent and will look great on any CV! All the best, BBear

onedaymaybe?
22nd Apr 2006, 14:11
I did an Instructor Renewal with David a few years back and found it was the best renewal I had ever done. He flew me hard but taught me soooo much more. The class room stuff we went through was tough but rewarding.

In the end I spent the whole day with him and came away feeling more confident than ever before about my Instructing.

If you want to be taught by someone who not only teaches you to become an Instructor but actually makes you a more knowledgable and skillfull pilot, then David is the one. I only wish I had done my initial with him.

As said before above, even my renewal was harder than my IR and 320 rating.

But he was out to make a better instructor out of me, not to fail me. And I walked away feeling confident.