PDA

View Full Version : Finding the part number of connector and pin

mohnishvarma
15th Apr 2006, 07:37
Hi,
i am an engineer on the b737-800, i wanted to know the procedure of finding the part number of connector and pins associated with a wire/component.

Bolty McBolt
15th Apr 2006, 08:14
If you are an engineer and you don't know how to find a part number of a component.
I would have to ask why you are allowed to touch such equipment in the first place

The schematics manual is a good start, or perhaps the wiring manual...:ouch:

JamesA
15th Apr 2006, 11:00
I quite agree with you Bolty, but, at least the lad has asked for help. I know a lot who wouldn't - hurts their pride to show they don't know everything. I would rather be asked the most basic questions than have someone continuing in ignorance.

Mohnishvarna,
Keep asking everything, even if you think you know. Being certain gives a great sense of satisfaction.

hetfield
15th Apr 2006, 17:57
Hope your wife remembers part# of your pin.

jaadu
15th Apr 2006, 23:52
ASFKAP: Well done for accurate detailed & postive response:ok:

Bolty McBolt
16th Apr 2006, 02:44
ASFKAP a good post but i don't believe this is the forum to teach this skill.
You also mention if you have access to the WDM SWPM. I should hope he has access or he shouldn't be touching anything on an aircraft without relevant reference material

MilEng2CivPilot
18th Apr 2006, 11:32
Im on the fence with this one, (my first post so please excuse!).
I agree with you Bolty wholeheartedly, im a senior technican within the military aviation bubble, and agree if you do not know which publications to look in then you shouldnt be any where near the hangar!

However I also applaud mosh's open honesty in not knowing and asking for advice however would like to think (and please god!) that there is a system in place for him to find out this information at his place of work.

People often worry about mistakes when carrying out aircraft maintenence and the subsequent penalties they can sometimes involve, the military is trying to introduce what they call a 'just-culture' in aircraft maintenence work - this basically involves - if a mistake is made rather than just hammering the individual concerned other factors are considered Stress, working conditions, fatigue etc etc - however this is a very slow process within the military.

Does such a culture exist within the Civil Air Engineering world ?? Is it effective ??

Having just completed my JAR-66 B2 licence im intrigued to know - it would make my transiton from military in civil aircraft that little less painless.

Mileng2CivPilot.

MRDART
18th Apr 2006, 14:25
When I got my first licence the caa inspector looked me hard in the eyes and said.... donīt think you know everything, better to ask once moore to be sure, congratulations here is your licence to learn!!
:ok: