PDA

View Full Version : JET2

Pages : [1] 2

INKJET
11th Apr 2006, 08:04
By any measure Jet2 has been a runaway success. It kicked of at Leeds 3 years ago with a new brand and now operates 20+ 737-300 and 2 or 3 757-200. I have yet to hear a passenger have anything but praise for them. No rumours of doggy engineering or poor quality flight crews. The guys i know that work there seem more than happy (all pilots moan the world over) but they seem content, the rosters are i am told stable and don't seem to work anything like the guys i know in Baby or Easy.

After rolling through Leeds they opened Manchester, BOH, NCL and now BPL and have just announced that they are moving their operations centre to Leeds.

So whats the secret, right place right time, right equipment right price, or is just down to that often missing quality (in airline management terms) very good management.

What ever it is well done to all involved, you've changed LBA from a flying club into an airport. Time for it to be renammed PMI (Philip Messon International)

Well done

Viktor

shamrock7seal
11th Apr 2006, 08:39
forgive me while i just bend over to vomit.

is this some kind of PR stunt to get people on side after the fiasco with Phillip Meeson dissing the French?

I agree Jet2 is a pretty good success story - they have concentrated on niche routes with little or no competition - that is the reason for their success and nothing more. There is no magic ingrediant. They have as many tech/delays as any other airline - probably more than some.

They are successful by accident rather than by design. They don't even have a route development team. Maybe not being top-heavy (like easyJet is) will help still further in generating profits.

Anyway i don't see a sustainable future for them unless they continue to expand at a rate the same as other LCC's and add newer cheaper and more fuel efficient aircraft. (i.e lower cost per seat mile)

RobT100
11th Apr 2006, 08:52
I know one of their secrets - choosing LBA as their number 1 base. LBA has been crying out for a carrier like this for ages and has been long underserved by charter ops. Phil Meeson realised that people form Leeds area DO NOT want to travel to MAN - they want services on their own doorstep.

Jet2 seem to have raised there prices and still no let up - a damn good business model I'd say. The people of west yorks will actually put their hand in their pockets and pay a touch more to be able to fly from there own airport.
I cant speak for ops at MAN, BLK, NCL, BFS but maybe its just LBA has put them on the map and now theyre growing.

Good on them.

jet2impress
11th Apr 2006, 09:47
Expand at the same rate as other LCC.......... like BMIbaby maybe?? :eek:

shamrock7seal
11th Apr 2006, 10:09
when i say LCC, i mean GENUINE LCC's!

by the way Phillip Meeson stole the LBA 737 based idea from a 16 year old kid who presented it to him as his A level project.

Going loco
11th Apr 2006, 10:20
and what exactly is the industry definition of a "genuine" low cost carrier?

The idea for Jet2 was borne out of the availablity of cheap 737s post 9/11 and the desire to better utilise channex's existing operational infrastrure (crewing, rostering, back office). Having identfied the business opportunity, a guy was recruited from Cranfield (considerably older than 16) who had completed an MBA (not A-levels) and who had worked up a hypothetical scenario of a BRS based LCC. It was this idea which ultimately became Jet2 in it's original form.

loco

LoCo Commotion
11th Apr 2006, 10:31
I know one of their secrets - choosing LBA as their number 1 base. LBA has been crying out for a carrier like this for ages and has been long underserved by charter ops. Phil Meeson realised that people form Leeds area DO NOT want to travel to MAN - they want services on their own doorstep.

It is just a shame he didn't apply the same reasonable logic and realise the potential for BOH when he had the opportunity. All the hard working experienced people at BOH facing an undesirable move north or redundancy might not now be in this position. :confused:

shamrock7seal
11th Apr 2006, 10:46
I quite agree with you LoCo (BOH still has potential - but see my entry re easyJet - ex-Jet2 / Chanex staff might be able to seek employment there)

My definition of a LCC is one where they maintain a strict control of costs (ensuring only one aircraft type) and strive for lower fares and maximum growth... by operating aircraft with the lowest seat mile cost, by operating into unconstrained airports and by making sure reliability is unmatched. By growing the carrier aggressively you can continually reduce costs on new routes/sectors by the ever diminishing overheads per sector... stagnant airlines will become less and less competitive - and if Jet2 dont start ordering new planes (because there are no cheap used ones left) they face this stagnation

is that ok?

CargoOne
11th Apr 2006, 11:31
shamrock7seal

It is not always true that brand-new state-of-art aircraft is more efficient than a second-hand one. If you can buy or finance (to get away from operating lease) old aircraft cheap and you have a good control on a maintenance side you can achieve lower costs than with a fresh aircraft. It rather aircraft manufacturers propoganda and general public impression than new aircraft is always better. However it doesn't mean that old aircraft is always better.

On the other hand I would fully agree that many successfull businesses are successful by accident rather than by design.

woptb
11th Apr 2006, 12:13
MOL without the engaging personality perhaps?

MEON VALLEY FLYER
11th Apr 2006, 12:32
Does J2 break the mould a bit in the way all the aircaft are owned assets (yes I know via HSBC), rather than simply leased ones.

They may be old generation, but they are no EAC smoking junk boxes

EI-CFC
11th Apr 2006, 16:18
I agree Jet2 is a pretty good success story - they have concentrated on niche routes with little or no competition - that is the reason for their success and nothing more. There is no magic ingrediant. They have as many tech/delays as any other airline - probably more than some.

Indeed. Anyone can start a great, small scale airline and probably can run a reasonably good medium scale one. Running a good, large scare operation is another matter altogether.

Jet2's next problem, should they expand, is that they'll have to try and encroach on the two big boys, FR and EZY - who will fight Jet2 to the death.

ILS Repeater
11th Apr 2006, 17:14
I read the post that started this thread and initially thought is was a joke that had spilled over from JET BLAST, but it seems this person is deluded enough to believe what he/she had written.

Yes Jet2 is a sucess, but that sucess has been won by the hard work and dedication of the loyal and proffesional staff employed by the company, (none more so than those staff at BOH) we the staff, not just at BOH bur all the staff, keep this airline flying efficiently. How is the company treating these staff ? by selling them up the river !

Whilst the move to LBA may advantageous to a very small minority, the vast majority are being thrown on the scrapheap. The sucess and growth of Jet2 could have been achieved at BOH. Other lowcost airlines have seen, and are expoliting that potential.

Jet2 stand to lose a great deal of expertise by this move.

INKJET clearly has no idea how stong the feelings within the company are or he/she would not have made such inflamatory statements, clearly this simpering sycophant is either attempting to get a job with Jet2 at Leeds or is seeking promotion from within.

I make no apologies for the sentiments I express here, it mearly reflects the strength of mine and many others feelings to the original post.

Angry of Bournemouth (ILS)

shamrock7seal
11th Apr 2006, 17:29
ILS repeater

Yes I totally agree! it's almost like Phillip Meeson himself wrote the words

bartelby
11th Apr 2006, 19:01
Top post ILS
Jet2 have a very rocky road ahead. The move of staff from Boh to Lba is not going as well as expected.

Groundloop
12th Apr 2006, 08:22
"After rolling through Leeds they opened Manchester, BOH, NCL and now BPL "

BOH! Yet more proof that Inkjet hasn't a clue what he's talking about. One route operated INTO BOH was an absolute disaster and rather quickly discontinued.

Just wait until there is a small blip in the market and watch PM treat Jet2 people the way he has treated Channex staff.

embrayer
12th Apr 2006, 18:27
INKJET

Please can I ask why you have started this thread?

Is it as I suspect to cause a debate about Jet2 and stir up ill feeling?

You know very well how jet 2 are doing because you know people that work here, you part time with some of our people on the MCC course and you loiter around the airport. So in fact, you know very well what Jet2’s success has been and how they are coping on a day to day basis with some sensitive issues.

Please leave Leeds alone now along with Bmi regional and jet2 and enjoy your time at EGNV on the 737,that of course is if you can.

This thread of yours and your constant stirring should explain to you why graffiti was written on the 145 about you and why so many of your Bmi regional colleagues are so please to see the back of you.

Don’t start on jet2 leave us alone and let us sort our own issues out.

Many thanks

charlie1234
12th Apr 2006, 18:46
well said mate

crewboi83
12th Apr 2006, 20:05
shamrock7seal
Like all newer airline jet2 uses cheaper aircraft to get operations going.
FR started out with the old 737-200 so in the beginning their overheads would be very cheap with that old thing.
Personally I dont think the airline is doing to bad myself, its growing a quick pace and yes it might be aiming for those routes not served by any other airlines but to me that makes sense really, why go after a route that had many other operators on it when you can do a route where you are the only operator and can make a fortune! i would do the same
not all jet2 routes are these routes, we operate man-alc,fao,lgw,gva and more that are already operated by loco airlines and nearly every other charter airline going, yet the flights are always full!
Jet2 listens to its passengers unlike most other airlines, instead of researching a route and how much money it will make jet2 will just ask the passengers directly where they want to fly, they will then try it out, if it works it stays! and its working so far. plus we have a very smart marketing team behind us, you cant seem to get moved in MAN, NCL, LBA for big red jet2 posters on bill boards, buses, bus stops, news papers and more. so its success is no accident, its hard work put in my the managment and all of us on the front line who try are best to ensure people come back, and judging by the comment we get and the compliments our passengers give as they leave us we are doing a bloody good job!

spotwind
12th Apr 2006, 20:49
Embrayer,

Thanks for your post, I could'nt have said it better myself.

It really put a smile on the faces of the crew in our office ;)

Must be time for a new name Inkjet (viktor, burt, whatever), you've given it away!:eek:

WOWBOY
12th Apr 2006, 20:52
Jet 2 are rumoured to be starting MAN-GLA apparently!!

embrayer
13th Apr 2006, 18:16
It's all gone very quite.

What no reply?

spotwind
13th Apr 2006, 20:55
Embrayer... I guess loco burt has to work a bit harder up in MME.

.... At least it'll keep 'im off that bloody phone :E

G-LOST
13th Apr 2006, 23:42
Inkjet, what were you thinking?...

Is Baby really that bad?

Rudder Pedals
16th Apr 2006, 21:22
Couldn't have said it any better myself, embrayer and crewboi83 :ok:

ryan2000
16th Apr 2006, 23:12
Similar rumour concerning ORK in competition with BMI Baby

Mr.Brown
20th Apr 2006, 20:17
"Whilst the move to LBA may advantageous to a very small minority, the vast majority are being thrown on the scrapheap. The sucess and growth of Jet2 could have been achieved at BOH. Other lowcost airlines have seen, and are expoliting that potential."
ILS,
The very small majority you mention consists of Nearly all the Flight Crew, Cabin Crew and Engineers. Having all the support @ BOH just doesn't make sense. The writing was on the wall for a while. How many aircraft operate not just in BOH but in the south?
Yes there may be potential @ BOH but there's definetly alot of potential between LBA, MAN, NCL, BLK, EDI and BFS.
However, from the way I've seen the company treat all the Staff @ BOH over recent months, my company loyalty remains to be purely selfish, I'll take what I need out of them and move on.
Alot of good people are being F****d over @ BOH. The best of luck to all who don't decide to make the move.

Leodis
20th Apr 2006, 21:25
To be fare, no company relocation is ever going to be nice and from what I can gather a large percentage of staff are making the move north. With a far cheaper way of life up here, the move equates to a decent % pay rise. I hope everyone that's involved who are unable to relocate can find alternative employment soon, all the best and good luck.

opscat
21st Apr 2006, 00:08
"Large percentage"...i don't think so!
"Cheaper way of life"...i don't think so, unless your standards of where you want to live are low! The cost of living is not that different to the south. :hmm:

Leodis
21st Apr 2006, 10:07
Like I said, it's sad for those involved but that's life. Also I must add, a pint of beer in a town local to LBA is 1.50 - 2.00 and your only a few minutes from the Yorkshire Dales.

ILS Repeater
21st Apr 2006, 10:29
Leodis.... a couple of qusetions for you

Would this large percentage be the 11 or 12 people (mostly directors or senior managers) who have expressed an interest in the move to LBA ? The terms for relocation don't seem to have been welcomed too much by the majority of the BOH staff.

and where is this cheaper way of life... a comprable house in a half reasonable area (not Leeds city centre) is as much as a property here in the Bournemouth area.

bartelby
21st Apr 2006, 12:57
Leodis

Agreed Relocation will never be nice. The management have been very short sighted so far. The staff simply do not trust the Management. Lie after Lie "What I can gather a large percentage" I wonder which manager told you that. "the move equates to a decent pay rise" relocation package does not cover the relocation! bang goes that rise... Cheap beer and the Yorkshire Dales thats sold it better put my house on the market now. It could of all been done so much better, dont worry you will find this out soon.

Bartelby

LoCo Commotion
21st Apr 2006, 16:45
ILS and bartelby - I agree with you wholeheartedly. Leodis… I think Ops Cat has you on that one!

I know that the move to LBA will have severe consequences for the company as a whole which will take a long time to rectify. The move north in itself is not the problem… it’s the resulting vast loss of experience that will inevitably occur as a result. Experience that will not be recovered.

Personally speaking as aircrew, it makes no difference where Ops/Crewing/Rostering/Hotac and all the admin functions are…. it’s simply irrelevant. We turn up in the crew room and make a phone call - it makes no difference where we phone. However, the professional and friendly way our calls are handled, the relationships developed thus far and the overall high level of experience in BOH generally is what makes the difference. The difference is experience which after all, keeps the CAA happy.

Manchester Airport Group owns Bournemouth Airport. They probably paid a fair amount of money to get PM to agree to vacate the office space at BOH prior to the end of the remaining lease. This will free up the land to enable the new terminal buildings to be constructed. This payment no doubt goes towards the LBA relocation or redundancy packages on offer to BOH personnel. My point is why not simply pocket the cash and relocate locally and retain the office experience? This in turn will save the company a lot of money making the high number of redundancy payments and save the inevitable operational problems that will result as new staff at LBA get up to speed. Why the move to LBA? I think simply this… Does PM understand delegation? No. Having everything local to him means he can keep his hands on everything.

Surely there are a number of expansion possibilities at BOH. For example: European Aviation operates the extremely popular Palmair flights, are they going to be there forever? I don’t think so. Could Jet2 pick up those flights? Perhaps. And what about the Engineering possibilities at BOH with regard to in-house maintenance using our own and ex EAC personnel? After all isn’t Engineering and Parts Trading staying in BOH? Where is the logic there? :confused: I don’t see why we restrict ourselves to being a Northern Airline. Yes, there have been opportunities in the north but would it not make better business sense to put a base where there is an untapped market, regardless of latitude? Do EZ and FR restrict themselves to a particular area – I don’t think so.

Personally, 'if it aint broke don't fix it!' ...... I think that PM has been pretty much on the ball so far with regard to the way he has directed the activities of Jet2 …. Until now that is. I really do think that the loss of BOH will cause serious problems for the airline. It will certainly give the CAA something to get their teeth into at LBA! To all of you at BOH, who don’t deserve this kick in the teeth. Good luck for the future, I take my hat off to you… well I would if we weren’t low cost and I had a hat!! :sad:

LCM

Stampe
3rd May 2006, 18:18
A colleague told me Jet 2 were dropping the LGW-MAN route soon.Doesn,t seem to have been much of a success and my company stopped used them for crew positioning after giving them a try because of their excess baggage charging.Can anyone confirm if the rumour is true and if so on what date will they cease to fly the route.:ok:

Cuillin
3rd May 2006, 18:54
Excellent news, if true.

Jet 2's baggage charge was a pain in the *** when going away on a 8 day trip.

Their 18kg was hopeless against BA's 32kg - particularly as BA was doing return tickets for £65-00.

Lite
3rd May 2006, 19:25
I don't really see the need for Jet2 to operate this route. The company doesn't have the brand visibility in London that they do in the north, so few Londoners would probably consider Jet2 for a trip up to Manchester. Also consider that BA have regular flights to MAN from LGW/LHR with onward connections, bmi serve LHR & VLM are doing LCY. Throw into that the far improved train connections between the two cities, and you have to ask why Jet2 are trying to compete.

Flightrider
3rd May 2006, 20:03
In all fairness, BA were mugging people for MAN-LGW returns before Jet2 came along, and it was inevitable that someone would have a go at the route before long. However, Jet2 have made a pretty fist of it - awareness of the route at the Gatwick end is virtually non-existent. Some advertising in North Terminal to attract the BA customers might have been a good idea, but none has been done. Add to that the cuts in weekend flights, often required by airlines to move pos crews back and forth, and it is not a good recipe.

If they do pull off, it will not be a surprise. But one can only hope that BA increase capacity slightly instead of just racking fares back up.

FlyZB
3rd May 2006, 20:24
And yet a friend working for Menzies at MAN informs me that loads on this route are better than they ever have been. The downgrade in aircraft is maybe a sign it is soon to be dropped but I thought EDI would have gone first. That route has never done particularly well. I'm a little disappointed in LS. After launching at MAN with a bang, they seem to have fizzled out and look like they're concentrating their expansion at BLK and NCL instead

thebeehive
3rd May 2006, 21:41
Loads are all well and good but if the yields are low as well then it doesnt mean much.
Also, you have to question their promotions too, they advertise every week in the West Sussex County Times with the slogan "The North's low cost airline" (or similar) is this likely to attract passengers from Sussex who travel BA? They'd be lucky!

Curious Pax
4th May 2006, 07:08
LGW-MAN available for booking on the Jet2 website up until 27th October, though at 3.99 each way plus tax presumably the flights on that date aren't particularly full yet!

jmccrew
4th May 2006, 18:19
Used Jet2 a few times to man from lgw and the 146 has been nearly full each time

flightdeckwannabe
5th May 2006, 20:17
Have had to travel to MAN quite a lot in the last month or so for work and not once has Jet2 been available for less than £200!! Used VLM today from LCY. In fact most domestic fares seem to have gone through the roof recently. Flew LHR-NCL-LHR over the weekend and the cheapest flight I could get was £376 return with BA booked nearly a week in advance.

silverhawk
6th May 2006, 06:05
Sounds like a robust route to me.

Johnny F@rt Pants
6th May 2006, 12:56
silverhawk

Maybe you should start canvassing for a BLK/LGW route mate.:}

As far as I know the seat sales on the Gatwick route could be better, but the yield is excellent(so far as I've been told). If you can't manage an 8 day trip with 18kgs of luggage and 10 kgs of hand luggage you're carting too much gear about with you!

Jet2Leeds
8th May 2006, 18:15
Hi All,

Considering, J2 Call B'pool there new Northwest base and the close proximity to Manch
Presumably BLK is a cheaper,easier to operate out of ???

Would It make Financial Sense to Move All ops to Blk from Ringway

14 loop
8th May 2006, 23:57
In a word No!
There are good reasons for Jet2 to remain at MAN for the brand / balance sheet.
Blackpool will be a useful addition to the network but couldn't replace MAN.
There is sometimes a tendency for fellow LBA fans to slam Jet2 for setting-up at MAN, as if it were being in league with the devil!
I'll have none of this....for once an airline that started ops at LBA and found success was courted by MAG to set-up at MAN....admitedly the way this all worked out was probably different to how MAG envisaged....
The upshot is that Jet2 operate successfully out of both MAN and LBA and if only some other airlines could take a leaf out of Jet2's book (and not use the tired excuse of route dilution / passenger extraction of MAN routes) then LBA might see more variety of operators and routes.

P.Pilcher
9th May 2006, 12:04
Excuse my ignorance, but is the apparent success of Jet2 any thing to do with the fact that Phil Meeson is/was a pilot? I seem to remember meeting him at Coventry many years ago and swinging his prop for him.

P.P.

Harrier46
10th May 2006, 13:37
P.Pilcher

Nothing at all to do with it. In fact generally pilots (commercial pilots) do not make good businessmen. And before I get shot down, my rationale is that they prefer flying an aircraft rather than a desk. And PM does not hold an ATPL, his flying is restricted to recreational only.
The reason is quite simply that despite all his failings in man management (highlighted here in many past threads) he is just a very good businessman and tighter than a d***s a**e! And employs managers who allow him to run the whole outfit like a one-man band.
By buying his aircraft cheaply he can afford to have lower utilisation than say RYR and EZY. And he has an excellent engineering setup.

crewboi83
30th May 2006, 21:04
with the summer in swing now anyone know what jet2 are doing with 757 number 4 that is due in service in a few weeks?
Fingers X its the 2nd one to come to manchester?

NCLRULES
31st May 2006, 09:57
One of the 757s is to be based in TFS isn't it?

bmibaby.com
31st May 2006, 10:48
Out of interest, what is the exact size of Jet2's fleet now? Is Cargo still playing a big role for them?

mmeteesside
31st May 2006, 12:25
14 B733
5 B733QC (6th coming)
1 B733F
3 B752 (4th coming)

Plus 1 B733, 1 B733QC, 1 143, 1 MD83 on lease

HTH
mmeteesside

jethro15
31st May 2006, 13:45
http://www.jethros.i12.com/fleets/fleet_listings/jet2.htm

redmech
31st May 2006, 14:36
Man will have two 757 in July & Aug then back to one. One based in TFS is a posabiltity.

crewboi83
31st May 2006, 20:34
Ah shame was hoping that MAN would get 2 757s and that we would get a 5th one for the possible TFS based aircraft.
Was on LSAB today, nice aircraft :rolleyes:

redmech
3rd Jun 2006, 15:22
That is still a posabilty, PM was in Man last week and told us he had bought some more 73's and a couple of 75's with the intrest of have more 75's than 73's opperating next year.

Can't personal see it happening that quick but you never know.

Stanstedeye
3rd Jun 2006, 20:07
jethro15

Any info on when Channel Express are due to stop using their EXS code, as it is still used at STN for its one charter per week to LYPR.?

mmeteesside
3rd Jun 2006, 20:35
Don't forget all Jet2 flights run on LS/EXS too :)

redmech
4th Jun 2006, 10:01
would thought they would leave it as it is, no real need to change it.

Stanstedeye
4th Jun 2006, 15:50
would thought they would leave it as it is, no real need to change it.

Indeed no need at all, just a strong link to its heritage. What a shame the other UK charter companies could not do likewise.

silverhawk
4th Jun 2006, 15:56
Except many foreign ATCs call us 'EXPO123', as in Excel, due to confusion with the EXS bit. Will be even worse if we start Greece or Turkey routes.

How about Silverhawk as a callsign?
Or even better--Seagull!

biffo170
4th Jun 2006, 20:16
silverhawk

Seagull is already taken.

wifi
4th Jun 2006, 22:02
[QUOTE=Harrier46]P.Pilcher
Nothing at all to do with it. In fact generally pilots (commercial pilots) do not make good businessmen.
Tell that to Titan Suckling and Eastern!!

crewboi83
10th Jun 2006, 14:16
Whats happened to G CELO that was put on th UK register ages ago under Jet2, its never operated as yet and its been transferred back to TF ELO, anyone know why? Anything to do with the fact that apprently Philip Meeson wants more 757s than 737s operating within 12 to 18 months

Heard many rumours about jet2 all good though
New uniform for crew could be a possibility!

redmech
10th Jun 2006, 16:42
TF-ELO is still owned and is going to be flown by jet2, the reason behind it been on a iceland reg, is that the cargo door mod is not reconised by the UK CAA, so they are having to keep it on the Iclandic reg for the time been. Do belive it is going to be flown out of Newcastle but that is only a rumour as far as I know.

What are these good rumours then, don't keep them to yourself?

crewboi83
13th Jun 2006, 19:23
The usual we hear around the company.
1. 737s to be upgrded to 737-800s
2. Ryanair interested in buying out Jet2
3. LCA, PFO, LPA possiblly flying from MAN this winter
4. 737s to be replaced by 757s at man
5. Cargo area by the MYT hangers are to be turned into a Jet2 mini terminal
6. New Uniform to go with new company colour scheme and new paint jobs on a/c
7. 767 to join the fleet within the next yr to launch long haul

You know what galley FM is like, never believe it till it happens

redmech
14th Jun 2006, 10:33
What I personally belive could happen,

1 73's to ne gen, Don't think it would be cost efective due to the differencs between classic and new gen and the extra training that would have to be done. But still a good idear

2 don't think many airlines could afford to buy out jet2 just at the moment, (unless they are from Iceland) I think ryanair has to much tied up in there newer aircraft, the only posable reason I could see this happening would be for the routes.

3 could see these new route happening LCA, PFO, LPA, I think it is a matter of when.

4 73's to be replaced by 75's everywere. PM has said himself that he was replacing some of the older 73's with 75's. May keep some 73's for the shorter routes.

5, Don't see the cargo area being change, the lease on the hanger is running out in a few years, and there is reported plans for a new termainal on the site.

6, would be nice to see new uniforms for the crews as they still chanex uniforms

7, 767 to join the fleet, counld see this one happening, due to the fact that there is not much differnce but in size to the 75's, would not take much to train people up on a 76 from the 75's

This is only my personal view, the roumer mill is always going to throw things up, it is what keeps us all intrested.

ILS Repeater
14th Jun 2006, 10:58
Current rumors.... 12 757s by next year, this will allow the 737s (especially the QCs) to concentrate on the Mail runs. 757s on the established routes (lower seat costs than 73) thus allowing the 73s to concentrate on the newer routes and the ad-hoc stuff.

silverhawk
14th Jun 2006, 12:23
NG conversion from classic is just a differences course. Half a day in classroom and one sim session and four sectors line training. Very little cost there. Acquiring the airframe is a very expensive exercise. So I suspect that rules out NGs.

76 from 75 conversion, very similar story to above. However palletised freight on a 76 pays for the trip. Pax revenue is bonus. If it was my trainset this would be my focus.

New uniforms and paintjobs are just a wasteful luxury. Money would be better spent on crew retention.

Oh and before I forget, NG conversion to 777 is also just a differences course. But we don't get 777s til 2008!

Ametyst
14th Jun 2006, 12:28
I don't think Ryanair, or easyJet for that matter, will go on the purchase trailagain following the takovers of Buzz and Go! these two airlines see expansion possibilities throughout Europe and not just the UK (Jet 2 and BMI BABY). Anyway what would Ryanair want with Jet 2 as Ryanair will not operate services to high-cost airports (In MOL's eyes) such as Manchester, Amsterdam, Palma, Ibiza, Alicante, Nice, Dusseldorf, Paris CdG, Rome Fiumicino, Prague, Tenerife South and Gatwick (domestics). Jet 2 just doesn't fit into ryanair's thinking or network.

Smudger
14th Jun 2006, 19:56
Where are the spelling/grammar police? Not everybody is guilty, but this thread is painful to read!

bartelby
14th Jun 2006, 20:15
ILS

Any ideas how the 12 X 75s will be crewed struggling to find flight deck for 3.:ugh:

Bartelby

ILS Repeater
15th Jun 2006, 06:30
Hey, your guess is a good as mine. Only know that PM wants to have the 12 by this time next year to cut his seat costs. Don't even know where he's going to get em from, that said, it won't be my problem by then !

Perhaps he could get the ex-F27 guys back (one old aircraft is much the same as any other) I'm sure the F27 chaps would jump at the chance to come back for more !

ILS

682ft AMSL
15th Jun 2006, 12:58
Highlights from the Dart Group results released today which may serve to prove and disprove some of the rumours mentioned above

Profit before tax after goodwill amortisation and exceptional items amounted to £15.0m (2005 - £8.4m).

In excess of 80% of the 2006/07 Jet2 fuel requirements have been hedged at average rates lower than the current market price. A small amount of fuel has been hedged in respect of the 2007/08 requirement.

Jet2 currently operates 22 Boeing 737-300 aircraft, which carry 148passengers, and three larger Boeing 757-200s, which carry 235 passengers. The Boeing 757 enables us to fly more passengers at a lower seat cost on our more popular routes and also to fly to more distant winter sun destinations. We expect to increase both fleets over the coming year.

With the growing propensity for people to own overseas properties, take more frequent holidays and leisure breaks in exciting and attractive European cities and probably to retire to sunnier climes, we believe that there is huge potential growth in the leisure air travel market. Jet2 is now one of the most recognised air travel brands in the North of England and we are well positioned to successfully grow this business.

During the year to 31 March, 2006, the Group increased its owned aircraft fleet to 21 Boeing 737-300 aircraft, which carry 148 passengers, and three Boeing757-200s, which carry 235 passengers. Since the year end two further Boeing757-200s have been purchased. Of the Boeing 737-300s, six are 'Quick Change' versions, allowing the seats to be removed and containers of mail to be loaded within 40 minutes, for Royal Mail's 'Postal Air Network'.

We will continue to grow both our fleets. We believe that the Boeing 737-300 has excellent economics for short distance flights, whilst the Boeing 757-200 gives competitive seat rates for longer distances and will allow the company a wider offering of winter sun destinations. This aircraft's economics are competitive and its excellent performance characteristics enable operations to a wide variety of regional airports.

City reaction to the results has been positive, with shares (@ 13:56) up around 10%.

TANGO100
15th Jun 2006, 18:56
AIM-listed Dart Group, parent of Jet2, saw its pre-tax, pre-exceptional profit improve by 5.8% year-on-year to £14.7m in the 12 months to end-March 2006.
Turnover grew by 19.3% to £319.6m, while operating expenses were up 18.8% at £312.1m, which resulted in a full year operating profit of £7.5m (+41.5%). Earnings per share were up 3.4% at 28.9p.

Net debt as at 31 March 2006 stood at £5.5m, compared with net cash of £2.4m a year earlier, following the acquisition of three Boeing 757-200 and one Boeing 737-300 aircraft.

Jet2, which flies to 26 destinations from six bases in the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, using a fleet of 22 B737s and three B757s, carried 2.25m passengers during the year.

Dart’s other business is temperature-controlled distribution company Fowler Welch-Coolchain. The group does not split out the results of its two businesses.

silverhawk
16th Jun 2006, 14:58
Masterclass in infuriating your own empolyees.

lukeylad
16th Jun 2006, 16:43
Ive heard that jet 2 have been having some teething problems with all there 757s any one got any more info?

crewboi83
17th Jun 2006, 10:50
Lukylad, there are always teething problems with something new but its not as if the whole 757 network has come to a stand still. in fact far from it, in my opinion the 757s are doing well.
Referring back to past posts regarding Jet2 getting more 757s, a 5th one has just been aquired. Nice one!

Silverhawk why the Masterclass in infuriating your own empolyees. comment? can u explain? im not infuriated that the company i work for is doing so well, unless thats just me, the last 2 companys i worked for always had financial difficulties.

silverhawk
17th Jun 2006, 11:08
Crewboy

How about great profits at the same moment,(year end 2005/6) as rubbish pay deal for crew?

Profits will be hit very hard in the future if staff are not listened to/looked after.

As I've said before, I'm glad you're happy crewboy. Basic for cabin crew compares pretty well. Flight deck pay is a completely different matter though.

Future developments are a direct result of the manner in which flight deck are being treated. Those of us who choose to stay have no option other than ensure our voices are heard.

lukeylad
17th Jun 2006, 11:46
Lukylad, there are always teething problems with something new but its not as if the whole 757 network has come to a stand still. in fact far from it, in my opinion the 757s are doing well.
Referring back to past posts regarding Jet2 getting more 757s, a 5th one has just been aquired. Nice one!

Silverhawk why the Masterclass in infuriating your own empolyees. comment? can u explain? im not infuriated that the company i work for is doing so well, unless thats just me, the last 2 companys i worked for always had financial difficulties.

Ah cheers mate thank for the information a 5th 757 wow!! wonder how easyjet and ryan air will respond to that.

robo283
17th Jun 2006, 21:16
Ah cheers mate thank for the information a 5th 757 wow!! wonder how easyjet and ryan air will respond to that.

They probably won't lose too much sleep. It's swings and roundabouts: old airframe = cheap acquisition cost but higher operating and maintenance costs (including the hidden costs of a/c going tech). New airframe = stonkingly high acquisition cost but much better operating / maintenance costs. If you can fill 'em and keep 'em flying, newer fleets win hands down. However if you are still developing new routes, not maximising utilisation and have a/c on the ground for more than a few hours a day then cheap 737s and 757s make sense. Plus if you own the airframe you can always flog it to someone else when you don't need it any more. I flew in some of Jet2's a/c when they were new which is going back a bit:ok:

ILS Repeater
18th Jun 2006, 12:31
Point of note.... LSAE looks like it will come on-line before LSAD. Don't know which base will get it though (they don't tell me everything !)

mrhosty
18th Jun 2006, 12:52
do we know where g-lsae is coming from?

robo283
18th Jun 2006, 15:54
The usual we hear around the company.
1. 737s to be upgrded to 737-800s
2. Ryanair interested in buying out Jet2
3. LCA, PFO, LPA possiblly flying from MAN this winter
4. 737s to be replaced by 757s at man
5. Cargo area by the MYT hangers are to be turned into a Jet2 mini terminal
6. New Uniform to go with new company colour scheme and new paint jobs on a/c
7. 767 to join the fleet within the next yr to launch long haul
You know what galley FM is like, never believe it till it happens
Some interesting rumours, some of which appear more credible than others.
Credibility Ratings:
1. A big investment for an a/c that is midway in size between the 737-300 and 757-200. Would it perhaps be cheaper to fly a bought-and-paid-for 757 with, say, 170 pax than an expensive newer aircraft (albeit with lower seat-mile costs) at a higher load factor. It all depends on the existing 757 load factors; most of the loads seem pretty good at the moment which would suggest that a 'compromise' a/c would be a waste of money. 2/10
2. Ryanair is not in direct competition with Jet2 at either of its major stations (spooky that Jet2 doesn't fly LBA-DUB which is served by Ryanair and is potentially a massive route in local terms). The only reasons for Ryanair buying Jet2 would be (a) if they were squeezing Ryanair or (b) if Jet2 was in financial trouble and there were bargains to be had. If Ryanair wanted to fly Jet2's routes they would use their far greater size to muscle in. 1/10
3. LCA and PFO would appear to make sense (Cyprus is in the EU and is very attractive to independent holidaymakers). Also it is a good year-round destination. LPA is also a sensible destination, though the weather is not as good in Winter as in the south of Tenerife. A couple of other suggestions might include LEI as the Almeria region ticks all the boxes (year-round destination, plenty of villas owned or for rent, relatively underutilised airport which is traditionally keen on attracting British airlines), MUC as it is attractive for business, leisure and city-break travellers or BRU. 7/10
4. Up till now, LBA has developed ahead of MAN for Jet2. Although there is a greater customer base in the MAN catchment area, there is also much more competition. Also, would Jet2's routes support a minimum of 228 / 235 seats per flight? Some would; others that are profitable with a 737 might not sustain a 757 so the airline would be throwing money away. More 757s certainly, but no 737s? I think not. 1/10
5. That would represent a significant investment by MAN on behalf of Jet2 when you take into account access and other infrastructure. I don't know MAN particularly well but surely there are other larger carriers who would be after there own facilities first? 1/10
6. I've heard that one as well, but as another contributor points out, it's a lot of money for no direct financial gain (especially repainting the fleet) 1/10
7. Another sensible suggestion. If the 757s are full much of the time on the bigger routes, 767s are the natural progression for operational and financial reasons. So sensible in fact that I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. It gives the airline additional flexibility to operate long distance charters as well as providing extra capacity to PMI, ALC, AGP, MJV and TFS. As a matter of interest, what is the range of a 767-200 from LBA with max payload?10/10
Those are my personal thoughts and I am prepared to be shot down in flames for them:)

crewboi83
19th Jun 2006, 02:14
Rob283 may you NOT be shot down i flames for your comments, they are fair and your entitled opinion.
Reffering to your previous post quoting you flew on some of Jet2s aircraft going back quite a bit. It seems jet2 are kind of being noted for having old aircraft but at the end of the day its a new airline still, only 3 years old, therefore the older aircraft were cheaper for a start up. In time they will be replaced im sure, Ryanair were flying those god rotten 737-200s around europe for years, Easy have only just got rid of their last few 737-300s
Even the well establised airlines that are turning over more than 10 times the profit Jet2 does still have older aircraft, BA have many old 757s knocking around lol

Harrier46
19th Jun 2006, 04:00
Crewboi, Jet2 is not a relatively new airline, only the idea and paint scheme are three years old. Everything else, including management, aircraft etc. are Channel Express. And the "old aircraft" idea comes from the original 737QC purchase, based on low utilisation at night on cargo flights and the odd pax charters during the day. So my guess is that it will be a good few years before we see Jet 2 ordering brand new aircraft, after all the management team (PM) has not changed from the freight days and to be fair, they are making money. So why saddle themselves with huge debts for new aircraft?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
19th Jun 2006, 07:22
I think it is proven that the B737-300 is the ideal aircraft for
Loco as BMI Baby and Thomsonfly also use that as their workhorse and as been mentioned Easy flew them for quite a while
Out of interest the BA B757 are not old as most of them are less than 10 years old because all the original one have been sold

G-I-B

crewboi83
19th Jun 2006, 14:53
Harrier46
JET2 is a fairly new airline, yes it came from channel express but the jet2 brand etc is all fairly recent. So to me makes sense to use the 737 as its cheap to run and they were already using it. Thomsonfly, a well established carrier set up the low cost arm using 737-300 and then 500s cos they r cheap, same as BMI who set up Baby, BA who set up GO all used 737-300 cos they all had 737 operating experience and they are ideal for a new start up.
Im well aware that jet2 came from EXS, i wudnt be a bit stupid to to not notice that considering i work for them.

robo283
19th Jun 2006, 18:11
I suspect the average non-aviation-aware pax would see the 737-300 and 757-200 as being up-to-date, certainly compared with the 737-200. At least Jet2 spend a fair amount refurbing the interiors. Then it's down to good (as opposed to just statutory-minimum) maintenance and watching out for cracks. There are plenty of 20+ year old a/c around, and a good few years ago I regularly used to hop onto a/c that were older than I was, even as an adult! Admittedly they were Viscounts :O I think Jet2 have been shrewd in their fleet acquisition policy; they are consistent and not just bought in any old junk (the 146 excepted and I can say that as I used to sell them;) ). If they step up to the 767 (and I have no inside knowledge here) then again the pax perception will be of a modern a/c and doubtless PM will source some from someone desperate to offload for financial not technical reasons. As a local I just wish the colour scheme was blue, white and yellow rather than the dreaded red and white :*

ILS Repeater
19th Jun 2006, 18:35
Jet2 livery is basically silver with red tail and red engine cowls..... the red and white ones are Icelandic (TF-) registered. Westill operate one green tail (G-CELW) but that a freighter not passenger. I thought the blue yellow white was Irish.............

tonker
19th Jun 2006, 18:44
The reason red and silver was used was because Virgin had plenty of spare paint going cheap, and thus any money saved could be spent on a decent colour sceme.

I personaly think it's a smart sceme, and yes i do work for them!

robo283
19th Jun 2006, 18:56
Jet2 livery is basically silver with red tail and red engine cowls..... the red and white ones are Icelandic (TF-) registered. Westill operate one green tail (G-CELW) but that a freighter not passenger. I thought the blue yellow white was Irish.............

Red tail with white letters (and a silver 2), red and white 'Jet2' on the fuselage; all PR material in red, company stationery red on white etc etc. Probably designed to appeal to the Manchester market.......

However I take the point about the 'Irish airline' (the airline equivalent of 'The Scottish Play'?) :O

ILS Repeater
19th Jun 2006, 19:11
Quite so... never mention "The Irish Airline" by name lest it puts a hex you !

jethro15
20th Jun 2006, 10:35
do we know where g-lsae is coming from?
Ex OM-SNA B757-27B 24135/165

jethro
UK and Ireland Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

robo283
22nd Jun 2006, 18:21
She's a relative youngster at only 18 years old! From the history it looks like she will know how to get to Amsterdam ;) Probably have a political aversion to landing at Prague though as she will want to go back to Bratislava.

09/03/1988 Air Holland PH-AHE
25/10/1989 Sterling Airways OY-SHE
10/04/1990 Air Holland PH-AHE
08/10/1990 Sterling Airways OY-SHE
11/04/1991 Air Holland PH-AHE
20/12/1996 Icelandair PH-AHE
15/03/1997 Air Holland PH-AHE
05/03/1998 Dinar Lineas Aereas PH-AHE
18/05/1998 Air Holland PH-AHE
30/10/1999 Spanair PH-AHE
29/06/2000 Air Holland PH-AHE Stored at PDX as N355FV 20/03/04
04/08/2004 Air Slovakia OM-SNA

By the way, the Leeds-2 thread already has a 767-200 on its way to Jet2. Any takers for that rumour?

crewboi83
27th Jun 2006, 12:04
Any new routes comming for MAN?
Anyone know if we will be getting either 757 AD or AE in man to join AB?

I know TFS has just been announced but would be nice to see some new destinations added like Lisbon, Las Palmas, Cyprus, Madrid, Naples, Almeria, Athens or even new routes to Poland. come on guys!!!

Anyone got news on what routes will be done in winter? eg GVA or CMF, i remember the ski questionnaires from last winer had a list of destinations pax would like to see Jet2 fly too and Bolzano, SZG and INN was popular

LBIA
27th Jun 2006, 15:07
Hi

There are two new routes to be announced from the Leeds/Bradford base very shortly. Rumours are going around that the new routes will be to Cyprus and maybe a replacement service to Warsaw after the Centralwings fiasco. Las Palmas has also been mentioned in the past to add it to the growing list of Canary Islands on the jet2 network.

The Leeds - Dusseldorf & Belfast Int'l winter schedules will be announced shortly along with a possible new winter route to Rome. The Manchester - Rome winter schedule is already on sale. Also The Leeds - Palma route might actually be working this winter due to jet2 receiving so many complains last year when it was dropped for the winter season.

The winter Ski routes to Chambery and Geneva are set to go on sale very shortly as well from both from MAN and LBA. Don't know what’s in store for Newcastle or the Blackpool bases.

The new B757's will be heading for both Leeds and Manchester. The 2nd machine at Manchester will be the New Tenerife South based aircraft for the winter season. This will then just leave one unit at Manchester and the other 3 units at Leeds/Bradford for the winter period.

A 2nd Boeing 737-300 will be joining the Blackpool base in September. It will be moved from the LBA base as an when it’s not required anymore on the summer Ibiza and Mahon routes.

And last but not least. The Boeing 737-300 (G-CELC) which use to be called “Jet2 Prague” has now been renamed after a BBC Radio 1 DJ. “Jet2 Jo Whiley” The Aircraft is currently working out of the Manchester base but is set to be changed over with the Blackpool based unit shortly.

richardnei
27th Jun 2006, 17:12
Any new routes from BFS?

HH6702
27th Jun 2006, 19:43
Should be a few for NCL also?
anybody know what

scamptonboy
27th Jun 2006, 19:57
Dear LBIA
There are two new routes to be announced from the Leeds/Bradford base very shortly.

Of the rumoured new destinations on your short list from LBA: Cyprus, Warsaw and / or Las Palmas surely the first two would be the more advantageous to Jet2.
Granted Las Palmas is indeed a popular destination but with the region as a whole having such a diverse population including a strong Polish and Cypriot community to boot. I think Jet2 would, to put it mildly, "Cream In" again.

By the way, how confident are you that two new routes will be announced shortly?

robo283
27th Jun 2006, 20:17
Does anyone know what the Centralwings loads were like? I could see a problem straightaway with running a scheduled service that left at 0300hrs (though at least the Leeds Outer Ring Road is relatively quiet at that time).

Warsaw doesn't have the same cultural draw of Prague, nor (yet) the attraction to stag parties. This is sadly due to it having been almost totally flattened in the last war and replaced with Stalinist concrete monstrosities. The beer's cheap though. If anything, I would have thought that Krakow would have been a better bet.

My money would be on (1) LCA , (2) LPA and (3) MUC but I'm only guessing.

RobT100
27th Jun 2006, 22:32
Should be a few for NCL also?
anybody know what
With a bit of luck there will be sweet FA for NCL :ok:

robo283
28th Jun 2006, 05:42
:D :D :D

Excellent. Let's have some local rivalry!

LBA: We are Leeds, we are Leeds, we are Leeds, jetting off together etc.

NCL: Toon airport! Toon airport!

Everybody: Stand up if you hate MAN

scamptonboy
28th Jun 2006, 05:54
robo283: Does anyone know what the Centralwings loads were like?

According to CAA stats 2180 pax flew to/from LBA-WARSAW in April this year, there are no stats for May yet!

Now by my reckoning and it is only a guesstimate there were 24 flights in/out in April. Not sure what Centralwings seat configuration is but lets say 150 a plane thats 3600 seats! So just less than two thirds used.

In previous forums about Centralwings. Advertising at this end was not at it's best as I understand. That, and as you mentioned the god awful timings were probably contributors to these figures.

I'd still plum for a Jet2 route to Poland, be it Warsaw or Krakow. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Bam Thwok
28th Jun 2006, 10:41
Hey Robo.....

MAN : COME ON CITY !!!

wawkrk
28th Jun 2006, 17:44
Some of Centralwings flights were standard Lot equipment so business class at the front.
Krakow had more visitors than Prague last year and is becoming the stag party capital of Europe.
All the bars and clubs are very close together not spread out like Prague or Warsaw.
Many passengers on flights to Warsaw continue on to Krakow by plane or train.
Krakow was the original capital of Poland.

robo283
28th Jun 2006, 19:09
Krakow it is then....:D

The Desert Ferret
28th Jun 2006, 20:29
The curse of the low cost airline - we are populating great cities of culture and history across Europe with Britain's distinctive export - drunken, idiotic, ignorant fools. At least package holidays kept them confined in Mediterranean resorts well away from anything civilised and worthy. Probably best for another thread I guess.....

I'd swap Krakow for Gatwick / Docklands any day - I loathe the slog through Heathrow.

robo283
28th Jun 2006, 20:34
What are you trying to say about the LS clientele then? ;)

robo283
28th Jun 2006, 20:38
Bam Thwok: 'Hey Robo.....

MAN : COME ON CITY !!!'

LOL @ Bam Thwok (though very quietly as Mrs. Robo is a Reds supporter :* )

jethro15
29th Jun 2006, 11:16
Ex OM-SNA B757-27B 24135/165
jethro
UK and Ireland Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com
Registered G-LSAE 28 Jun
jethro

scamptonboy
29th Jun 2006, 17:10
OK...OK "Two new routes to be announced shortly"

I'll be the first to admit, maybee we were a little too premature with out dreams/ hopes that Jet2 would pick up Poland, Cyprus or Las Palmas.
Maybe in the pipeline at a later date perhaps Summer next year..who knows?

Hey, its still excellent news for the winter ski destinations. Salzburg ( brand new), Geneva, Barcelona, Milan and Chambery to come.:ok:

What next?

robo283
29th Jun 2006, 17:27
No mention of Chambery in the Dear Leader's press release....
Just goes to prove that those in the know keep things well under wraps. Quite right too....don't want those upstarts Flybe muscling in :hmm:

LBIA
30th Jun 2006, 12:19
Jet2 have now put the Leeds/Bradford - Dusseldorf and Belfast Int'l flights on sale for this coming winter.

Dusseldorf stays 6 times weekly. With no changes to the times.

Belfast Int'l stays twice daily on weekdays and once daily Saturday & Sundays. Note though the Sunday evening flight has been retimed and will now be operated by a Belfast based aircraft Crews instead of the normal LBA based B737's

crewboi83
30th Jun 2006, 16:07
scratchingthesky
Always one or two idiots that spoil it for the rest of us. We arnt all like that, im sure you have these type of idiots at your company, we all have um!

Jet2Leeds
4th Jul 2006, 19:17
JUST WONDERING IF J2 HAS ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
ON THE GLOBESPAN THREAD THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED FLTS TO NY FROM LPL AND ARE LOOKING AT DURHAM TEES/ NCL AND POSSIABLY DONNY FOR SHORT AND LONG HAUL

crewboi83
5th Jul 2006, 15:44
Wish jet2 would get their fingers out and get a 767 into MAN and LBA to get some long haul, before GSM get all the good routes, besides i want a bit of long haul again i miss the beaches of far flung islands lol :)

robo283
5th Jul 2006, 18:02
So far Jet2 have done fine by doing their own thing rather than by knee-jerk reaction to other carriers who might or might not know what they are doing :hmm:

I'd like to see 767s out of LBA but at the moment the infrastructure is creaking at peak times. Until PM totally takes leave of his senses I think we have to trust him :cool:

crewboi83
8th Jul 2006, 23:31
Does anyone know the exact allocations of the 757s?
Have heard that the next 757 online will be based at MAN, with the 5th 757 going to Blackpool which will be the 757 that may well be doing the TFS W patterns in the winter.
Other i heard was 3 757s for LBA, 1 for MAN and 1 for TFS
any ideas? anyone know of anymore aircraft have been added

12th Jul 2006, 14:13
Last rumour I heard was 8 757's summer 2007

ls_jet2
12th Jul 2006, 14:42
I thought it was another 8, making 13 in total:D :D

The biggest question is where will the crews come from:confused: :confused:

T & C's will have to improve otherwise I would imagine it might be tricky.

crewboi83
12th Jul 2006, 15:57
is that 8 for manchester or 8 for the whole uk fleet?

jet2impress
12th Jul 2006, 16:30
Does anyone know the exact allocations of the 757s?
Have heard that the next 757 online will be based at MAN, with the 5th 757 going to Blackpool which will be the 757 that may well be doing the TFS W patterns in the winter.
Other i heard was 3 757s for LBA, 1 for MAN and 1 for TFS
any ideas? anyone know of anymore aircraft have been added
Can't be BLK based to operate TFS W patterns. The schedule is still showing a TFS based a/c for the flights into BFS, BLK and NCL. So unless they change the times, I can't see a BLK based 757 anytime soon. What I understand is that the next 757 will be going to MAN, then following that, the next will be LBA's. Leaveing 3 x 757's in LBA and 2 x 757's in MAN. When the TFS/BFS, BLK, NCL flights start LBA will be down to 2 x 757's with one of theirs being based in TFS. All this is on the under the understanding that no more are bought this year. If we get more than the 5 we currently have on the books, then who knows what the plans will be. We will just have to wait and see.
Jet2Impress!

scamptonboy
28th Jul 2006, 12:38
Chambery flights nows available on JET2 website from LBA and Manchester for the winter season.

Jamesair
28th Jul 2006, 16:48
Chambery also from NCL for Winter 2006/7

crewboi83
28th Jul 2006, 21:59
Some of the NCL CMFs are W patters with MAN and i bet we will be doing all 4 sectors lol

EGCC4284
28th Jul 2006, 23:43
The biggest question is where will the crews come from

T & C's will have to improve otherwise I would imagine it might be tricky.

Say's it all

tonker
29th Jul 2006, 14:12
It say's nothing. There will be a line as long as your arm of newbies desperate for their first job. I waited until i eventually had to pay. Considering the potential lost earnings i had whilst instructing my original decision was wrong for me.

And am now i'm doing what i want, where i want with a great bunch of folks.

Charlie Roy
1st Aug 2006, 22:53
"Bmi regional will increase frequency on its Edinburgh-Manchester route to six daily weekday flights from Sept. 4"

Source: http://atwonline.com/news/other.html?issueDate=8%2F1%2F2006

Are BMI attempting to intensify competition with Jet2 on this route, or do they suspect that Jet2 are giving the route up?
I have heard that Jet2 had low loads on EDI - MAN :(

True Blue
4th Aug 2006, 23:07
Are there any views on what Jet2's expansion plans at Bfs might be over the next year, if any? Personally I would love to see an early morning dept to Lgw ex Bfs and a service to Lgw, ex Bfs, that offers allocated seating. Travel on this route frequently and just hate the Easyjet seating policy. 3 flights per day would be nice and there is still the 18k pax per month to go after that still fly out of Bhd. Am I just dreaming?

True Blue

Rapid
8th Aug 2006, 08:24
Budget conscious business and leisure travellers from the North West will be celebrating today with news that Jet2 is to launch year-round low cost flights from Manchester to Milan. The news comes after Alitalia has decided to withdraw its services between the two cities this winter – with fares from only £24.99, it is the first time that Manchester will have direct low cost flights to Milan.

Jet2 has confirmed that it will start initially with a four-times a week service on 29th October, 2006 meaning it will open up the likes of the Italian Dolomites and the Alps for boarders and skiers this winter.

Milan is a wonderfully cosmopolitan city, a real haven for shopaholics, food lovers and football fans, all of whom will be delighted to know that Jet2.com is now offering truly affordable fares from Manchester.

Philip Meeson, Jet2 boss, said: “We’re getting used to coming to the rescue of passengers in the North West – BA has previously pulled routes from Manchester and now the Italian flag carrier is at it.

“However, it’s actually fantastic news for the customer as the larger airlines simply cannot compete on price, so while the service will simply switch from one airline to another, prices will tumble.

“For example, our fares will start from £24.99 one way inclusive of taxes, if you try to book now with Alitalia in early September, the cheapest one-way flight is £75.80 rising to £213.80.

“We are committing to a year-round service and plan to increase to a daily service in 2007, so whether it’s winter sports, shopping, sightseeing or business, book now to take advantage of the lowest fares possible.”

Tourists will not be the only ones to benefit from the new service, attracted by low fares and the convenient location of Milan Bergamo Airport – it is situated on the main A4 Autostrada offering excellent road connections to Genoa and Turin in the west, and Verona and Treviso in the east – interest from the business traveller is sure to be high.

Football lovers will not be disappointed with Milan – the San Siro stadium, home to both AC and Inter Milan, is widely regarded as one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the world when packed with 80,000 fans.

The city aside, Milan is the perfect gateway to the world famous holiday resorts of Lake Garda and Lake Como, ideal for those staying a little longer in one of the most scenic parts of Italy.

scamptonboy
8th Aug 2006, 10:24
Jet2 EDI-BGY announced commencing 4 times weekly from April next year.

HH6702
8th Aug 2006, 11:34
Ryanair have dropped NCL to Milan so i wonder if Jet2 are ready to take over this route also

cesare.caldi
8th Aug 2006, 12:04
Jet2 EDI-BGY announced commencing 4 times weekly from April next year.

EDI-BGY 14:30-18:00 1-3-5-7
BGY-EDI 18:40-20:15 1-3-5-7

Start from 6 April 2007. Already on sale.

scamptonboy
9th Aug 2006, 10:31
NEW ROUTE FOR LBA

LBA- KRAKOW ROUTE ON DESTINATIONS AT JET2.COM

Route commences 30 Oct 06- 25 Mar 06 Twice weekly Tues & Sat.

Out Tues 0600 and 1800 on Saturday.:D :D :D

GrahamK
9th Aug 2006, 10:41
Newcastle to Krakow also launched, operating on Mondays and Fridays

Damian O'Leary
30th Aug 2006, 13:28
Today's Edinburgh Evening News has a brief story confirming that MAN-EDI is to be discontinued from next month.

Charlie Roy
31st Aug 2006, 16:09
Today's Edinburgh Evening News has a brief story confirming that MAN-EDI is to be discontinued from next month.

BMI's increased frequency on the route was probably the final nail in the coffin for JET2. I wonder will BMI maintain their 6 daily flights now that they've eliminated the competition? Not all bad though... This freed up capacity will probably translate itself into a couple of new JET2 routes.

take-off
1st Sep 2006, 09:10
anybody know exactly which flight has the 80% discount fare on it , cause it certainly aint none from blackpool ? cause an alicante flight costing 119 one way times that by 2 pax and its looking cheaper to buy a package holiday with thomson!! what exactly defines a 'lowcost' airline? and i appreciate that it say up to 80% , but surely theres laws stating about advertising these sort of offers, i know it could be from a different airport and time, but does say september and checking flights for alicante for an example even if the cheapest flight is £39 what are we as cutomers suposed to know is an indicatd dicounted flight? i think personally all airlines can claim to be at fault with the advertsing of fares so not just having a dig at jet2 in particular. just think that the offer in particular isnt really clear stating what filights especially when checking on the low fares finder... appologies for waffling on.. id be interested in what other people think on that subject

jet2impress
3rd Sep 2006, 16:35
take-off

Don't know much about advertising to be honest. However, common sense tells me that they are only going to give (up to) 80% off the flights they need to. The flights from Blackpool to Alicante at £119pp one way will almost be full. I had a quick look round and found seats available on various dates for £1 from Newcastle to Cork. Also, having a general browse I saw fares on other routes from £7.99, £14.99, £21.99 and so on. Some pretty cheap fares knocking around if you don't mind where and when you go. Normally these ultra low fares are only available to the people that book many months in advance.

EGBKFLYER
4th Sep 2006, 15:39
Take-off

'Low cost' has nothing to do with fares. It's a business model in which the airline (or other business come to that) drives out any unnecessary product cost (e.g. food, credit card commission etc). Cutting out frills enables them to make a big profit and also to use part of that to cut fares and increase sales. Common sense says that you wouldn't cut fares where there is high demand, and airlines never do.

True Blue
11th Sep 2006, 21:53
Has anyone with good knowledge of Jet2 any views on possible expansion at Belfast in the future? I personally would love to see them go on the Gatwick route, because I prefer allocated seating and an early morning departure ex Belfast would be very useful.

Views welcome.

True Blue

take-off
12th Sep 2006, 06:21
EGBKFLYER

so why is ryanair advertising 4 million free seats on tv, if airlines as you quote never do cut fares? Are you saying these are 4 million seats are to places, nobody wants to go?

POL1W
12th Sep 2006, 10:03
Jet 2s 26th destination from Leeds, a 4 weekly service to Almeria starting next May.

aeulad
12th Sep 2006, 12:11
Here's hoping LBA-Jerez is next!

Regards

Mike

transwede
12th Sep 2006, 14:42
Would expect some more route expansion ex NCL, more than likely to keep a/c busy over the next summer season. 2 a/c were operating a fairly quiet programme this summer, with quite a few gaps. New routes in addition to CMF and KRK.........

DQ4
14th Sep 2006, 13:37
An oppurtunity for JET2 to get into MME with BMI Baby pulling out??

toledoashley
14th Sep 2006, 14:59
Think it makes logical sence. It would cement its cause as being the north's low cost airline

scamptonboy
14th Sep 2006, 16:09
No sooner than the bad news about Baby from MME shocks us all:eek:,
Jet2 release this in the news pages on the website.

Bye bye Baby... hello Jet2
Stranded Teesside passengers flock to Leeds & Newcastle!
Only hours after it was announced that Durham Tees Valley airport was to lose it’s so called low cost services to Alicante, Cork, Malaga and Paris, Jet2 experienced a flood of bookings from passengers forced to make alternative arrangements and fly from either Leeds Bradford or Newcastle Airports.
What many of them discovered however was that their unexpected change of plan was actually a blessing in disguise and saved them money, with some paying up to 25% less than their original fares.
The Jet2 Huge Winter Sale is now on and seats are selling fast, don’t be stranded in Teesside, let Jet2. whisk you away from Leeds or Newcastle.

I suppose the punters have to go somewhere!

cesare.caldi
14th Sep 2006, 17:58
Jet2 has put on sale MAN-BGY flight for summer 2007 season. It will be upgraded from 4x week to daily!

crewboi83
14th Sep 2006, 22:58
hhmm isnt MME gonna be a GSM base, i was always under the impression that GSM and LS had a gentlemans agreement not to step on each others toes. Would be good to see LS open another base though!!

wawkrk
15th Sep 2006, 02:47
The Krakow flights start in 6 weeks time and no sign of any advertising in Krakow.No mention on the airport website except to list Jet2 as one of the airlines.

Charlie Roy
15th Sep 2006, 11:46
wawkrk

I see carriers making this mistake ALL THE TIME! It's infuriating :ugh: They only advertise in one market, and not in the other. How stoo-pid is that :* They'll need to look into getting a new marketting manager!

That said, apparently the bookings for Krakow are phenomenally good, beating all expectations :ok:

682ft AMSL
15th Sep 2006, 14:42
So the marketing strategy is poor, they need a new marketing manager but bookings are great?

The very timing of the flights suggests Jet2 have done their homework on this. Their core market is the ex-pat Polish working community resident in the UK. It's a way of getting them home and getting them back to work. A large scale advertising campaign in Krakow is pointless when the Poles you want are living in West and North Yorkshire.

Many routes have predominantly one way traffic flows. I doubt Jet2 spend much effort advertisng in Palma, Malaga etc etc given the markets on these routes are sustained by UK based passengers. On the flip side, they only committed to LBA-DUS on the condition of support from the Yorkshire Tourist Board for advertising the route and the Yorkshire region in NW Germany.

wawkrk
16th Sep 2006, 05:00
682ft AMSL

Your talking rubbish.
Jet2 not interested in 2 way traffic?
They dont want anymore Poles to come to the UK? so they dont advertise.?
What about the CentralWings flights?
These were all Poles going home?

682ft AMSL
17th Sep 2006, 09:07
wawkrk - it was you who raised the issue of Jet2's lack of advertising in Krakow. I was simply trying to give an explanation why they might be doing this. Time will tell whether they have got it right or not.

On another note, I wonder if rumours of Excel pulling their based a/c from HUY hot on the heels of Baby's hasty retreat from MME is likely to see some attractive opportunities coming Jet2's way. The question will be whether the upside of sewing up the market is greater than than the downside of diluting existing markets . By the looks of the timetable for LBA for S07, AGP and ALC are going to 2 x daily 757 and FAO looks to have a 757 dedicated to it, so a lot of capacity already on sale in the region.

Northern Hero
17th Sep 2006, 11:55
Pretty poor taste in my opinion Jet 2, your adverts in the papers and on your website obviously show that no thought has gone towards the staff who's jobs have gone or to those who's jobs are at risk at MME :mad:

Why take pleasure in other peoples misfortune ?
I'm another passenger you have just lost.

SWBKCB
17th Sep 2006, 12:03
Have you seen release from Newcastle airport on their website? You'll not be flying out of there, either.

Shed-on-a-Pole
17th Sep 2006, 20:24
On the subject of criticism regarding Jet2 not advertising in Krakow (or other destination cities) the most likely explanation is expense. A hub airport (LBA, MAN, NCL, BLK etc. in the case of Jet2) is bound to command the bulk of limited marketing resources based on simple economics. Advertising in the Granada/Yorkshire TV regions, or in major regional newspapers such as the Yorkshire Post, the Manchester Evening News or The Journal reaches the largest number of potential customers for the least marketing spend. A well-placed advertisement in Leeds or Manchester can attract business for the entire operation out of those cities. However, a similar advert in Krakow will attract potential business for ... er ... is it 4 flights per week? Afew adverts there, placed at the usual going rate, will soon erode any potential profit for the service. Multiply this principle by all the overseas airports and it quickly becomes apparent why Jet2 - and all similar businesses - must concentrate limited marketing resources where the greatest financial return will be achieved. Each advert placed in Leeds or Manchester helps to fill 100+ flights per week. An advert placed abroad - possibly at similar cost - promotes only a small number of flights per week. So, I respectfully suggest that Jet2's marketing strategy is NOT poor. The company cannot spend with reckless abandon; they deploy their limited resources to achieve the greatest possible 'clout' in the marketplace. And remember, the ultimate objective is to make a profit after expenses. Advertising is an expensive business.

wawkrk
18th Sep 2006, 05:41
I agree that big overseas advertising by Jet2 in Krakow for example is not warranted.
But my point is, how can potential pax book the flights if they cannot see that they exist?
Jet2 should push the airport to do more.

initial
18th Sep 2006, 10:53
Monarch only operate one daily flight from Barcelona-Manchester. However adverts for it are plastered all over the city, so it must pay off for them. Whilst Jet2 only operate 4 flights a week from Krakow i would of thought advertising in Krakow must be a lot cheaper than Barcelona or the UK.

crewboi83
18th Sep 2006, 11:28
Pretty poor taste in my opinion Jet 2, your adverts in the papers and on your website obviously show that no thought has gone towards the staff who's jobs have gone or to those who's jobs are at risk at MME :mad:
Why take pleasure in other peoples misfortune ?
I'm another passenger you have just lost.

Do you think no other airline would do that if Jet2 pulled a base like BMIbaby have?
Jet2 are not taking advantage of peoples misfortune at all, they are simply expanding their business, and in my eyes helping out people who have now had their travel plans screwed up and dont know where to go.
And all those people that have lost their jobs, im sure they would be applying to Jet2 if they opened up MME as a base next.

Jet2Leeds
18th Sep 2006, 12:24
FLYGLOBESPAN TO FLY TO TORONTO FROM £109 INCLUDING TAXES

Robin Hood Airport is to have its first scheduled transatlantic route next year when rapidly-expanding airline flyglobespan launches a service to Toronto.
The web-based airline is to fly to the hugely popular Canadian city from May 2007 with prices starting from only £109 one way including taxes.
This service will be the first route on offer from flyglobespan from Robin Hood Airport as the airline continues to expand its UK footprint.
The new service from Robin Hood Airport is part of a comprehensive flyglobespan programme to Toronto’s Hamilton International, an Airport which is growing in popularity because of its convenient location between Niagara Falls and downtown Toronto, and the ease with which passengers can progress through it.
As with the majority of their long-haul programme, flyglobespan will offer will three fare bands on their Canadian flights – Economy, Economy Premier Service Upgrade and Business Class. With Economy Premier Service Upgrade prices starting at only £149 including taxes and Business at only £209 including taxes, the company expect a high demand on these upgraded seats.
Flyglobespan’s parent company, the Globespan Group has over 30 years experience working in the Canadian travel market, giving the web-based airline the ideal background to launch this 2007 programme.
C/O ROBIN HOOD AIRPORT NEWS LETTER

chris1976
18th Sep 2006, 19:21
Interesting that Toronto Hamilton airport is being served from Doncaster instead of Pearson International Airport. That decision based on fees and slots at YYZ I imagine. This still leaves things open for LBA-YYZ, which would surely be a more attractive option to Jet2 - better onward connections within Canada and the US for a start. It would also fit in with Jet2's unofficial policy of tending to service the major, as opposed to the peripheral airports, in major cities.

Toronto would be a great first entry for Jet2 into North America. Could one of Jet2's fully laden 757's get off the ground at LBA and make it to YYZ non-stop. I presume the answer will be yes....but might aswell ask the experts??

A daily 757 from LBA could be sustained. Look at the daily capacity from MAN - no doubt "west yorkshire" fills at least one of those aircraft a day.

redmech
18th Sep 2006, 20:51
Toronto would be a great first entry for Jet2 into North America.

757 can get there, only problem would be the cost, as the aircraft would have to be ETOPS rated. That means you need more engineers than are all ready available. e.g. any work is needed to be done on both donks, a different engineer would have to do the work on each donk. One engineer can't do the same job on each donk.

That is only one of many exsample that comes to mind.

I'm not saying it is not viable but the tag of low cost may not be a true reflectionin that situation. But I would personaly like to see it happen, maybe in a few more years.

wawkrk
20th Sep 2006, 09:40
Would not somewhere like Dubai for example be easier for Jet2 to get into the longer haul market.
Probably only 7hrs from LBA, so easy for the 757`s.
Dubai is an up and coming destination and stopover point with lots of onward flights to India,Pakistan and the whole of Asia. A very desirable destination in itself.Probably could sustain a daily flight and give Manch a bashing.
Be good to get in early before Emirates start thinking about airports like DSA.
For sure, more point to point destinations from regional airports will become common.Also, look at what Jet2 has done to LBA charter flights.
Thomsons had 1 or 2 flights per week to Malaga and now Jet2 are going up to 2 x 757`s per day.
Is it not possible that the same will happen to the more far flung destinations and more business could be taken from Manchester?
I reckon amongst the low cost airlines, Jet2 have a top draw product.
Could they even stick a few business class seats in for longer flights?
Interesting times ahead.

Flightrider
20th Sep 2006, 15:58
Big announcement on Jet2 about new routes from MAN from next year - Barcelona, Paris, Warsaw, Toulouse, Berlin and Venice. It looks like they are increasing existing aircraft utilisation and I would guess replacing the third daily MAN-LGW flight with a Paris rotation given its timings.

There is a most odd press announcement stating "Jet2 spanks BA boss" on their website, including a rather strange picture of Philip Meeson and Willy Walsh. The sight is enough to induce nightmares. If Meeson is into that sort of thing, I'd have thought that publicising the fact on your airline's website is pushing one's ego to extremes. I would also have thought that they might have instilled some basic grammar into the person who wrote the press release. It's all very bizarre indeed, not to mention the fact that BA only flies two of the six routes on which Jet2 is claiming that they are going to spank them out of town.....

bartelby
20th Sep 2006, 17:43
FRIGHTENING
only word I can sum it up with...
Bartebly

crewboi83
20th Sep 2006, 21:13
Thank god some new services!!
MAN to Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Tolouse, Venice and Warsaw

chris1976
20th Sep 2006, 21:37
Let's hope it's the turn of LBA next......Warsaw, Toulouse, Berlin, and double daily to Paris would be great. Any more additional aircraft for LBA on the horizon - the additional apron space soon to come online won't take long to fill up.

It would be nice to see Jet2 going double daily on some routes like Paris, Prague, and Germany which will help attract greater numbers of business pax.

RobT100
22nd Sep 2006, 04:10
Lets see Jet2 grab more capacity as TOM seem to be turning their back on LBA. It is a very good point about Jet2 doing 2x daily to Malaga while TOM have nothing for next summer. This must be putting a huge dent in MAN bookings and TOM business as a whole :)

Perhaps we could see a whole host of new destinations as pax are now beleiving in themselves and booking DIY holidays instead of being ripped off by the tour operators.

Im sure PM's got something up his sleeve.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
22nd Sep 2006, 07:28
I very much doubt it is denting Manchester as TOM are going for a large increase out of Manchester with 11 new scheduled services next year

G-I-B

Going loco
22nd Sep 2006, 08:18
I thought the TOM "increases" at MAN are just a smoke and mirrors exercise where they start selling seat-only on charter services.

It's also innevitable the expansion from Jet2 at LBA and BLK will have some impact on MAN because before people from these areas used MAN when there wasn't choice from their own local airport. I had been told that overall passenger numbers to places Malaga, Alicante from MAN are no different now to the late 90s which bucks the trend of huge growth at a national level.

Let's hope Jet2 get into Larnaca, Paphos, Las Palmas with the 757s soon from LBA because - other than Florida, that is where the biggest charter markets at MAN are to attack.

loco

airhumberside
22nd Sep 2006, 08:24
I thought the TOM "increases" at MAN are just a smoke and mirrors exercise where they start selling seat-only on charter services.
Ceratianly on at least some of the routes going scheduled, frequencies have been inceased

Going loco
22nd Sep 2006, 08:54
but again, aren't the increased flights on 737s whereas the charter flying was on 757/767s.

Shed-on-a-Pole
23rd Sep 2006, 00:28
Going loco -

The Thomsonfly expansion at MAN is supported by the basing of two additional B737's at the airport, over and above the existing fleet. It is a genuine expansion, not a "smoke and mirrors" exercise. Yes, certain charter capacity is being re-designated as scheduled also, but there is reason in this: scheduled flights save money on bonding requirements.

nick b
23rd Sep 2006, 10:30
Any more Jet2 routes ex BLK in the pipeline for next Summer?

Regards

682ft AMSL
23rd Sep 2006, 13:33
Was it coincidence today that both Jet2 737s were unable to get into Leeds on CAT3 or has there been some change to SOPs with regard 32 at LBA? The airport kit was working as Air Southwest Dash-8 (CAT2) and Ryanair -800 (CAT3) got in. I've always thought a key strength of Jet2 was their on-time performance and, over the harsher winter months, utilising the CAT3 kit at Leeds has often been integral to that. Weather this morning was RVR250m, sky obscured, 6kts tailwind down the runway and a damp runway surface. Not pretty, but not unusal and thus far in Jet2's 3 and a bit years, not proved to be a problem.

Scottie Dog
23rd Sep 2006, 13:58
Don't forget that not only does the runway have to be Cat3, but both pilots also have to be CAT3 qualified. I only know the problems with Manchester when we go into CAT3 conditions, but the inbound delays that arise as a result often force aircraft to divert due to fuel shortages. Better to make a 'dash and splash' rather and then come back for another attempt.

Scottie Dog

rudolf
23rd Sep 2006, 14:40
You need 4 things for Cat III ops:

The airfield to be Cat III - LBA 32 is OK.
The crew to be qualified - All Jet2 crews are LVO trained.
The aircraft to be Cat III -5 Not sure this morning.
The weather to be 50ft cloudbase and 200m RVR.

Only an assumption, but if other aircraft were able to get in then 1,2 and 4 were probably satisfied. Could be that the aircraft had been downgraded.

Rudolf

682ft AMSL
23rd Sep 2006, 17:28
From time to time there has been the odd occasion when aircraft or crew issues have resulted in Jet2 being CAT1 only into LBA. What what unusual about today was that there were 2 at the same time buzzing around in the hold for an hour - hence why I'm womdering whether it was coincidence that a/c or crew issues were limiting both aircraft or whether it indicated a change in operating minima for 32.

If you strip out tech diversions or temporary airfield closures, Jet2 have probably had a handful of weather diverions away from LBA in 3 years - 2 in the space 15mins caught my eye therefore. I hope they are still OK for CAT3 onto 32; passengers from the 10:00am AMS this morning finally made it back to LBA after 4pm. No one can really afford for it to become anything other than a rarity.

14 loop
25th Sep 2006, 12:58
It was LVPs again last night at LBA, Jet2 were performing CatIII approaches but were insisting on 300m RVR due to tailwind. This seems to be a change in SOPs - heard loads of CatIIIa approaches previously with a tailwind and 200m RVR was the minima. Suspect we may see a whole load of Jet2 divs this winter. :ugh:
Roll-on CatII for 14! :ok:

take-off
26th Sep 2006, 09:26
anything new for the foreseeable future for blackpool?

True Blue
7th Oct 2006, 21:09
With all the recent expansion at Bfs, it seems that they will have at least 4 early, up to 8.30am departures on a friday morning. How many aircraft are they going to base at Bfs? Also, the report on the UTV news site suggested that a 757 was going to operate some routes. Is it going to be based? Also the Bfs - Lba is to see a frequency increase, to what?

True Blue

682ft AMSL
8th Oct 2006, 08:57
True Blue,
Looking at the schedule, the turnaround times downroute for AGP/PMI/MJV from BFS are 1 hour, which is generally a good indicator of 757 use by Jet2. That would make sense and would give 2 returns per day. 6 days per week on a BFS based 757
MON - PMI - MJV
TUE - AGP - MJV
etc

The existing 2 based 737s will then be able to pick up the rest of the schedule as well as possibly accommodating running some of the LBA and BLK flights. The Friday morning 8:30 departure to Milan, which cannot be fitted into the 3 aircraft schedule will, I assume, be operated by operating BLK-BFS on Friday mornings or a positioner from another base.

Hope that helps.

The schedule thus far does seem to suggest 7 x 757s in total for for next summer, 3 LBA, 2 MAN, 1 BFS and 1 MJV/NCL. Given they only have 5 at the moment, presumably a deal to secure 2 more is in the pipeline.

crewboi83
8th Oct 2006, 15:12
The schedule thus far does seem to suggest 7 x 757s in total for for next summer, 3 LBA, 2 MAN, 1 BFS and 1 MJV/NCL. Given they only have 5 at the moment, presumably a deal to secure 2 more is in the pipeline.

Up to now 757s for summer 07 are 2x man 3x lba 1x blk 1xbfs 1xncl
there are 5 in the fleet now and 3 more to join by may 07 hope this helps
at the moment G-LSAB is based down in TFS operating the services to NCL/BLK/BFS untill they get there 757s next summer.

682ft AMSL
8th Oct 2006, 16:44
Thanks for that. The winter 07/08 schedule will be interesting with 8 757s to find gainful employment for. One suspects the Canary Islands services will be ramped up considerably as well as, perhaps, a dabble with Cyprus.

chris1976
8th Oct 2006, 18:42
I hope LBA - LPA is going to happen sooner rather than later, and has to be ahead of Fuerteventura in terms of route expansion. The LBA-LPA current flight offering is a disgrace, with one AEU flight per week (with horrendous flight times too). Come on Jet2 !!

Having just flown back on the AEU from Las Palmas, it was interesting to see how many flights there were to other UK airports from LPA on the Sat night / Sun morning. The likes of NCL, BRS had a choice of about 4 flights, MAN had 6-7. I cannot understand why LBA only gets one 737 a week on what is such a popular holiday destination. Rant over !

richardnei
9th Oct 2006, 21:43
Hi all!

Jet2 will be basing 4 A/C in BFS for Summer 07.

3 X Boeing 737-300's
1 X Boeing 757-200

From what i've heard the BFS-LBA route is being increased to 4 times daily and BFS-BLK increasing to 2 times daily.

Don't know about BFS-TFS - is this operating in the Summer or is Winter only route.

Brgds

Richard

14 loop
9th Oct 2006, 23:39
Surely BFS-LBA at 4 times daily is overkill? 3 times daily surely would be more sustainable and better as an example of incremental growth.

PTH needs tarmac
10th Oct 2006, 01:13
Have to agree with 14 loop that 4x daily is far too many seats. True, the route did post its best ever montly figure in August, but the load factor still only equated to about 70%. Growth has been steady and all credit to Jet2 for sticking with the route, especially given the substantially lower passengers numbers during the winter.

Though it remains to be seen what the passenger numbers will be for the coming winter, it would not surprise me in the slightest if 3x daily was only used for the summer period.

PTH

PS Still no sign of the LBA-TLS timetable after more than a week of having the option on the Timetable list.

LBA
10th Oct 2006, 13:10
Would definitely agree that LBA-BFS @ 4 x daily seems too much, twice daily seems about right, particularly with FlyBe flying to BHD 3 times a day.

Flightrider
10th Oct 2006, 14:12
Deal for another three 757s (numbers 6,7,8) was apparently concluded on Friday. Ex LTU aircraft presently in service with other carriers, built in 1987/88.

GBALU53
10th Oct 2006, 21:32
What about the other aircraft they are due to get??.

I understand it is two more Boeing 757s and three more Boeing 737s thats a lot more sectors per day to do, so what other routes do the have up there sleeves??

I have read somewhere the CEO of the company did go to school with some one who is already doing very well with aviation after changing from the record business.:ok: :ok:

take-off
10th Oct 2006, 21:52
Anyone know ofanynew possible routes heading blackpools' way?

Mr A Tis
11th Oct 2006, 07:01
What's the chances of Jet2 getting some aircraft that are not so old? Most of their fleet are, or are approaching, 20 years old. Surely some of these have a limited life left, or are they all low in hours?

wawkrk
15th Oct 2006, 03:27
I notice Jet2 flights MAN to WAW are advertised on the Warsaw website.
The start date being March next year.
The flights LBA - KRK start in 2 weeks time but still no mention on the Balice website.These guys really know how to market the airport.

682ft AMSL
15th Oct 2006, 10:44
Further to previous discussion, grotty wx at LBA over the last few days would appear to suggest the 737s are still CAT3 but the 757s are CAT1. One to keep an eye on over the winter.

crewboi83
15th Oct 2006, 12:11
Does anyone know for deffo how many a/c ncl will have next year? i know there will be one 757, but will there be 3 or 4 737s, its quite a busy summer a head in ncl by the looks of it.
Anyone know whats going on with the 757 nightstopper in MJV, how will it work or crew? split duty or night stop with 24hrs off?

True Blue
15th Oct 2006, 16:04
For some reason and I don't know why, Bru doesn't have any services from the UK with a Lcc, I may be wrong. I'm referring to the main Bru airport. Why is this and would this be an opportunity for Jet2 from the regional airports that they serve?

True Blue

daz211
15th Oct 2006, 16:09
There was a whisper a few months ago regarding Jet2 coming to stansted, I seem to remember to it was someone in the tower who said it, along with 2 other airlines who I carnt remember but one was spanish I think.

Can anyone say if this is true or not ?

pwalhx
15th Oct 2006, 18:02
Personally would be surprised if Jet2 did go to Stansted, would they want to go head to head there with Easy and Ryan. Maybe they would think about connecting there bases but then AB already do Manchester and belfast and Ryanair Blackpool so maybe Leeds or Newcastle, but seems unlikely. But then again guessing what PM will do next has never been easy .

14 loop
15th Oct 2006, 18:34
Jet2 are already at STN, their Contract Passenger Services arm has 1 737 based @ Stansted nominally G-CELP. This aircraft will eventually carry Jet2 scheme. Last winter the aircraft was operating a number of charters under Jet2 branding.

freightdoggy dog
15th Oct 2006, 20:15
Correcto Mundo 14 Loop.

G-CELP will be branded into Jet2 colours Feb/March time 07.

Its a diiferent op down here based on Charters.

Got a B757 in Dec operating for 3 weeks.

Lets hope we can have a famous Essex Girl painted on the nose ala Virgin eh?

Might even make page 3 of THE SUN?

robo283
16th Oct 2006, 11:04
Doesn't Jo Whiley count then, Freightdoggy? Or isn't she from Essex? (Not being a Radio 1 listener I wouldn't know).

daz211
16th Oct 2006, 11:09
Where do the charter flights go to, a friend of mine is going for a job as cabin crew at STN, I guess it depends on where the customer wants to go to, but can you tell me some recent destinations, are they just in europe ?

Going loco
16th Oct 2006, 12:58
Not sure of any reason why the 757s cannot autoland into Leeds. The braking and overall shortfield performance of the 75' shouldn't be a problem even with an extended flare. Maybe they are just getting the crews up to speed because I cannot believe the guys would be daft enough to schedule in a regular 2340 local arrival into Leeds over the winter with only CAT1 to rely on.

rudolf
16th Oct 2006, 13:07
I have heard that the hump in the runway is causing problems with the autoland of the 757. Cat 3 at Leeds has been withdrawn by Jet2 until the reason is identified.

crewboi83
16th Oct 2006, 14:37
True Blue
A pax on our MAN AMS service who uses us on a regular basis asked me why we dont do MAN BRU, I passed on his comments to Jet2 head office and I also gave him an email address so we could let them know, if people ask for it, and it looks like it will work im sure Jet2 will try it.
So fingers X for you, you might get a LCC service soon, although I have to admit our LCC service is better than some traditional airlines, hence our "Best european short haul airline" award we just won, over the likes of Lufthansa and BA. :O

True Blue
16th Oct 2006, 15:13
I have used Jet2 a few times Bfs - Lba and I have found them very good. I would love to use them more, but they don't do the routes I need. I would love to see them do a Lgw service ex Bfs, as we need an early morning departure and an airline that assigns seats, i hate the scramble on airlines that do not assign seats. The arguement that assigned seats makes for slower boarding I don't accept, as Go never had a problem, or Jet2 in getting away on time. So if you have a contact, please suggest Bfs - Lgw and also a Bru service.

True Blue

jet2impress
16th Oct 2006, 15:17
I think G-LSAE is CATI only at the moment, as it has not be cleared to CAtIII yet. Think it needs to be so many autolands in visual conditions before CATIII can be allowed.

toppledgyro
16th Oct 2006, 16:49
To correct a previous post, Jet2 737s remain fully Cat IIIa capable at LBA.

richardnei
16th Oct 2006, 18:16
Hi all

Can anyone tell me why the LS327 is operating from MAN/BFS today instead of LBA/BFS - flight is showing a 3 hour delay. Any ideas all other flts are operating as normal from LBA, apart for the AMS which is delayed?

LS 327 MANCHESTER 18:40 21:30 ESTIMATING AT

I see the LS328 to showing as operating to LBA as normal.

Best Regards

Richard

rudolf
16th Oct 2006, 23:59
Crew sickness in Rome caused an aircraft to become stuck there for several hours awaiting a new crewmember to be flown out. Quickest way to get passengers to Belfast was to bus them to Manchester and fly from there. Aircraft then flew 328 as normal if a little late before flying empty back to Manchester.

Other airlines would have cancelled completely, I think Jet2 generally do a good job of making sure people get where they need to be, better late than never.

crewboi83
17th Oct 2006, 14:48
I have to admit, ive been with Jet2 for a while now, and out of my base ive never known a flight be cancelled yet. even when all the security issues were going on. Ive seen them position aircraft, divert to pick pax up, operate services into alternate airport, put pax on other flights to uk and provide transport back to origional destination. I also had a pax tell me the other day that the last time he flew Jet2 was from MAN to ALC during the summer and when they arrived at the gate the aircaft was tech, within one hour he was taking off to ALC on a replacement Jet2 757 and he was very impressed that he arrived only 40mins late.

682ft AMSL
17th Oct 2006, 15:09
To correct a previous post, Jet2 737s remain fully Cat IIIa capable at LBA.

As evidenced by the fact Jet2 were just about the only ones operating into LBA this morning. A Ryanair 738 being the only other airline and type to get in up until 14:00. One of the Jet2 arrivals though quoted a restirction of CAT2/300m due to the tailwind which was odd given his sisterships were not - maybe there is some weight restrictions which complicate matters?

As for the 757s, the hump would seem to me the most likely explanation for the sudden withdrawal of CAT3. Unusual though as Boeing kit seems to generally cope best with it (unlike Airbus and Fokker which evidently can't).

Cynically speaking, perhaps it will need a high diversion rate from Jet2 to force the LBA authorities to progress the plans to address the displaced thresholds and the ILS upgrade to CAT2 on 14. That said, the current airport management will be well aware that by the time the warmer weather comes next spring, it is unlikely to be their problem anymore.

freightdoggy dog
17th Oct 2006, 18:23
Robo 283,

I was thinking of the other Jo, Jodie Marsh or maybe even Denise Van Outen, who was born down the road in Billericay.

Now theres a hump that 682ft would like to autoland on :ok:

wawkrk
17th Oct 2006, 19:42
I remember what I think was the 1st CatIII landing at LBA.
A Britannia 757, Christmas day or Boxing day from TFS.
There was a 3kt tailwind. The pilot said above this and it was not possible.
Not being up on the subject, cant remember if he said CatIIIB or C.
However, I think the RVR was 150m full autoland.
He landed OK.
First comments, "problem is where are we"?
"Can someone find us and guide us in." "we cant see the ground"
The hump was not in question.
Many airports have a hump.
CatIII is CatIII surely.
Maybe an LBA ATC reader can confirm this landing.

lorddee
18th Oct 2006, 01:04
I was aboard a sabena a321 into leeds many years ago ,this acft was been used du to backlog of passengers in lba and bru due to contamintad runway LBA SNFZFG RVR 125 100 75 .I exlained to the pilot about the hump in the runway he said " this is not a problem it is just a procedure and let it run "braking action was not too good.Aircraft performed a perfect full cat3 autoland r/w32 .Infact i have had worse landings at lba in cavok conditions .
Bring back the belgiums i know a few ex SN work for Jet2.com

baps
18th Oct 2006, 08:08
The hump itself won't stop the 757 doing cat3 ops onto 32 at Leeds although you do land quite far into the runway. However not sure about Jet2s policy on it but as far as i'm aware for tom a tailwind on 32 is prohibited when carrying out an autoland. As there is normally a tailwind on 32 when its foggy at Leeds this is a problem.

14 loop
18th Oct 2006, 08:47
I too remember the first CatIII landing performed in anger, the RVRs were sub 200m so it was a CatIIIb.
wawrk – there is certainly a problem with that hump as evidenced by a DVD I have of G-BYAR performing a practice CatIII on 2nd January 1997 in snowy conditions. The approach looks perfect until the autoflare over the 1st tdz marking. The aircraft then floats along the runway before the main gear makes contact on the very last tdz marking (so halfway between D1 and L1 in new money). The rollout is fine, not excessive reverse thrust and the aircraft goes round the loop.
Undoubtedly the aircraft lands long, with this in mind airlines have developed their SOPs with a margin of safety in mind (such a tailwind component or weight restrictions) to mitigate against coming a cropper at the other end.
If only the touchdown point was some 100-200m closer to the start of the current strip then it wouldn’t be a problem – the runway is as flat as a pancake there.
baps – you are correct about foggy conditions coinciding with winds that favour runway 14. That’s why getting the 14 end equipped with Cat II ILS and lighting is vital in the next phase of investment.
lordee – that is probably the only example of an Airbus doing a CatIII in anger at LBA. A Monarch A300 returning from Europe (with Leeds Utd fans – remember those days?) had to get onto their ops to ratify a CatII approach when confronted with 300m RVR. From the conversations it appeared they had to wake someone up to give the nod. Alas it was to no avail, the RVR dropped to 200m and Monarch Ops wouldn’t sanction a CatIII. Meanwhile the Transavia 737-800 on a similar charter shot the CatIII without a problem.
It would be interesting to hear from bmi bus pilots – they’ve been heavy on practice CatIIIs at LBA for a while now – will we see this work lift them from their current CatI minima? Likewise what has changed at KLMCityhopper to prevent CatIIs – they’re back at CatI.

682ft AMSL
19th Oct 2006, 16:51
I see from the provisional data set issued by the CAA that Jet2 grew LBA-BFS by 23% in September 06 vs 05, whilst Flybe were 22% lower. Both from the same capacity. I also see Jet2 have just introduced on-line check-in for LBA-BFS and are rumoured to be increasing frequency next summer. I was speptical about this initially, but looking at the figures and the move to OLCI, I wonder if there is a bigger game at play here to force flybe off of the route?

Also with Wizz expanding their Polish flights ex-DSA, I wonder if Jet2 will be considering growing their own portfolio to that part of the world. LBA-WAW perhaps?

HOODED
19th Oct 2006, 17:29
682, I was wondering the same after the Centralwings fiasco. Given they had reasonable loads despite the timings. The reason they pulled the route was supposedly lack of aircraft but I'm afraid that didn't wash with me given they have expanded their network elsewhere. JET2 surprised me with the Krackow but will twice weekly be enough? Warsaw would surely have been a better bet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they get on. Sadly all this expansion will have to end soon as the Airport is running out of real estate to park all these Jet2 ac on.

robo283
19th Oct 2006, 19:00
Hooded, there's a lot of tarmac being put down just now for PM's latest acquisitions ;) :D
I think Krakow is a better bet potentially than WAW as it's the massively-expanded 'Let's visit Europe and get wrecked' market a la Prague. Sorry we are not really exporting culture vultures or business executives, so much as the :mad: heads!!

Spotter McS
28th Oct 2006, 22:24
Where do the charter flights go to, a friend of mine is going for a job as cabin crew at STN, I guess it depends on where the customer wants to go to, but can you tell me some recent destinations, are they just in europe ?

Daz
G-CELP run regular charters for Holiday Options to Olbia (Sardinia) Calvi (Corsica) and was also involved with charters to Pristina and Lourdes. So it was a busy beast.

Hope this helps.:ok:

Spotter

wawkrk
29th Oct 2006, 13:52
The 1st flight arrives to KRK from NCL tomorrow and still nothing on the Balice website or anywhere else that I have seen in Krakow.
I am booked on the 1st flight to LBA the following day Tuesday and I cannot imagine that the flight will be full.
WAWKRK

Crewing Gimp
29th Oct 2006, 17:11
Both flights 80-90% full on KRK to the UK. Dont worry the route will be Ok.

The Gimp

wawkrk
29th Oct 2006, 17:56
Hi Gimp.

Good news but was kind of hoping not the usual scrum at the check in.
I have campaigned for this flight for a long time so I should be pleased.
I know for sure many Warsaw passengers were coming down to KRK with LOT or on the train. Not a lot to see in Warsaw.
Also I reckon Wizz will take a bashing with their Krakow (Katowice) from DSA.
Its like calling LBA NEMA.
And, I cannot imagine anybody wanting to stay in Katowice.

WAWKRK

682ft AMSL
30th Oct 2006, 10:50
EDI-PRG on sale as of today, 5 x weekly in the summer. Sits in front of the Milan sector on Mo, We, Fr mornings allowing the weekday schedules to be done with a single unit. Sa, Su conflict with Murcia and Milan respectively so require a second aircraft to operate.

wawkrk
1st Nov 2006, 07:41
Pax on 1st flight 134 + 4.

wawkrk

a1234
1st Nov 2006, 12:08
I don't understand why Jet2 don't fly from CWL, the airport is crying out loud for an airline like this, bmibaby or any other carriers for that matter don't seem to want to expand at all from CWL these days.

Manston Airport
1st Nov 2006, 19:54
How long as Jet2 got the BAe 146 till? and what routes did it do or did it just do the LGW-MAN route,

James

POL1W
8th Nov 2006, 09:12
Looks like an increase to four a week on the LBA - Krakow from next March. Hopefully might lead to further expansion from LBA to Poland.

wawkrk
8th Nov 2006, 09:54
Excellent news. I was expecting at least 4 flights per week in summer to KRK.
Although, this may not be enough.
I also think that Warsaw could work together with KRK.

For example, LBA - WAW - KRK - LBA or LBA - KRK - WAW - LBA.
This in addition to Simply LBA - WAW return of course.

There is a lot of travel between WAW and KRK by plane train and bus.

virginblue
10th Nov 2006, 08:24
Apparently Jet" have requested slots at DUS for next summer for a LPL (!) service. Anyone in the know what this is all about ? Maybe just a disguised slot request for a MAN service now that BACON will come off the route ?

Looks as if this has been mixed up by someone with the BLK slots - have now checked it myself and the only new slots applied for are for a BLK service. No BLK.

682ft AMSL
10th Nov 2006, 09:27
Virginblue - if you let me know the UK arrival and departure times, I'll have a look and see where it fits into the schedules as they stand.

virginblue
10th Nov 2006, 11:09
682ft AMSL

I do not have the exact times, apparently in the morning and "before noon", so should be the first departure out of the UK airport (because of the slot situation at DUS, I would expect an arrival not before 0930-1000 local time)

virginblue
12th Nov 2006, 09:55
Just had another look at the application at DUS for next summer and I note that Jet2 apparently has also requested slots for a BLK service (LS437/438), 0700-0730

silverhawk
12th Nov 2006, 11:15
We should be looking at Blackpool-Munich as well.

BAe run a company shuttle Warton to Munich with a 146 (for the moment, going to be an ATR soon) and charge £750 return!

We could sweep up all that business and still reduce our risk exposure on a new route.

virginblue
12th Nov 2006, 11:24
No slots requested at MUC by Jet2.

freightdoggy dog
12th Nov 2006, 13:17
erm, try again VirginB.

2 this week for LP doing a set of V.I.P Charters out of STN.

robo283
16th Nov 2006, 20:10
Any word on the 767-200? Cabincrew forum speculating wildly....

crewboi83
17th Nov 2006, 12:53
The 767 rumour is getting a bit old now.
It would be nice to have one, although im not MAN or LBA based so I wont be on it for a while i guess. IF it actually arrives
I would like to see us get one, but to me it looks like Flyglobespan have bitten off more than they can chew with their 767s, they already dropped BGI and LAS from GLA and have had to sub a 767 out to Air India.
I would rather Jet2 just stuck to 737/757, upgrade the -300 to -800s, maybe bring in Airbus A319/320 and expand and open bases in other countries like Murcia, Tenerife or even Amsterdam.

Jet_stream
17th Nov 2006, 14:14
Just a point to note, the reason that the BGI and LAS routes were dropped was because of the Air India detachment. The money that GSM will make from the Air India agreement was just too good to pass up.

Nothing to do with biting of more than can be chewed. :O

chrism20
17th Nov 2006, 19:23
Was in EDI on Wed & there is still a sign in the departures lounge advertising Jet2 to Man £16 one-way. Is this service coming back or has no one been bothered to take it down?

robo283
17th Nov 2006, 19:53
I first heard the 767 rumour about four months ago, and it resurfaced again a couple of weeks ago. It's now made its way onto cabincrew.com (not that adds credibility per se....)

SWBKCB
19th Nov 2006, 07:35
From Cheapflights - couldn't find any other reference to this:
"Budget carrier Jet2 is introducing an entertainment system rental service on its flights.
The Mezzo Players will be available to rent from £5, including headphones, and will feature comedy, kids' TV, music videos, sport, drama and other programmes to keep passengers entertained during flights. For an additional £2 passengers can rent another headset so that two people can watch.
Example programmes on offer for adults include Little Britain, You Are What You Eat and Top Gear. For the kids, there are shows such as Postman Pat and Transformers and there is also a selection of music CDs to choose from.
"Select from over 50 programmes on the easy-to-navigate menu and you control what you watch and when – you can even pause, fast-forward or rewind, just in case you missed a bit," an airline spokesman said.
Passengers should ask cabin crew for a Mezzo Player when they board but are warned that there are only a limited number available."

crewboi83
19th Nov 2006, 11:12
Its under the news section on the Jet2 website
The crew had the chance to see these at the Duty Free promo shows held earlier in the year, they look pretty cool. Gonna be about a £5 for the flight, thats not bad to keep your kids entertained on a 4hr TFS

holidaymax
20th Nov 2006, 15:19
Does anyone know of a new base being announced in time for next summer?

682ft AMSL
23rd Nov 2006, 10:12
Dart Group announced their interims this morning. Looks like it has been a successful summer. Here are the relevant extracts.

Dart Group PLC, the aviation and distribution group, announces its interim
results for the six months ended 30 September 2006

CHAIRMAN'S STATEMENT

I am pleased to report on the Group's trading for the six months ended 30
September 2006. Profit before tax, goodwill amortisation and exceptional items amounted to £22.1m (2005 restated: £14.7m) whilst profit before tax but after goodwill amortisation and exceptional items was £24.0m (2005 restated: £18.1m). The usual pattern of seasonal profitability for the Group is likely to be repeated this year, with Jet2.com being profitable in the summer and loss making in the winter.

The Group has material exposures to both the US Dollar exchange rate and the price of aviation fuel. The Group's treasury operations manage the risks of
these exposures. In accordance with our current treasury policy, both of these exposures have been fully hedged for the current financial year. For the year ending 31 March 2008, 76% of the forecast US Dollar exposure has been hedged together with 57% of the jet fuel tonnage.

Jet2.com, the low-cost airline, has had an encouraging summer's business from its six Northern bases which, whilst serving separate catchment areas, have considerable synergies in terms of marketing and operations. Predominately a leisure-based airline, the company is benefiting from its customers' growing propensity to fly on flexible scheduled services rather than with traditional charter carriers for their leisure needs.

The owned aircraft fleet consists of 21 Boeing 737-300s and five Boeing
757-200s. Additional capacity is leased in as required. Six of the Boeing
737-300s are "Quick Change" versions enabling them to also operate night mail services for Royal Mail.

We plan to expand both fleets during the winter months in order to serve the
increased range of destinations the company has announced for next summer. These include seven new routes from Manchester, five each from Leeds-Bradford, Belfast and Newcastle, four from Blackpool and two from Edinburgh. Several of these are to existing destinations already served from other bases and their introduction will considerably increase the choice of city breaks and sun offered from each base and enhance the company's overall marketing presence. Full details can be found on the company's website,

Ancillary revenue from associated commercial services such as onboard sales and hotels, car hire, etc., booked through our sales website have shown good growth in spend per passenger during the year and major efforts are being made to build on these and to develop other revenue opportunities.

Our strategy continues to be to concentrate and grow Jet2.com's operations in the North, building familiarity with the brand and delivering an attractive,
low-cost service. This is a competitive market but, with innovation, we believe there are many future opportunities.

ENDS

No mention of a new base explicitly, but the extra destinationsthere announced thuis far don't require a massive fleet expansion - much of it being served by better utilisation and absorbing capacity from dropped routes (e.g. MAN-EDI). So a combination of fleet growth and hints at further growth in the North might be a clue that something is afoot.

Note also that as of today they have retimed the NCL-MJV sector for the summer which appears now to be from a NCL based machine rather than the previous times which were on a MJV nightstopping a/c.

Finally, aren't there only 4 new routes on offer from LBA next summer (LEI, VLC, TLS, KRK) and not the 5 mentioned above.