PDA

View Full Version : B777 Fuel flow

loxol
10th Apr 2006, 10:35
Hi, can any B777 drivers please give me a guide figure on the fuel flow (all engines/hr) for B777-200IGW, -300ER &-200LR at TOC, Crz & TOD for a MTOW T/O and a max range weight T/O?

I am doing some research into fuel conservation methods and I need baseline data as a starting point.

Many thanks.

Old Smokey
10th Apr 2006, 10:58
loxol,

A good 'ball-park' figure is a mean of 7 Tonnes (7000 Kg) per hour. At medimum weight the B777-200 can be down to 6 Tonnes (6000 Kg) per hour.

That's mean figures, higher in the beginning, lower at the end, of course.

Regards,

Old Smokey

loxol
11th Apr 2006, 02:09
Thanks Smokey
Just one more thing: what fuel do you like to chock-on with?
Cheers

False Capture
11th Apr 2006, 10:49
loxol,
When you say "chock-on with" are you refering to the fuel remaining in tanks after the engine shutdown?

Final Reserve Fuel (15 mins holding at 1500feet) is about 2700kgs. However, we usually arrive on stand with about 7 tons remaining in a B777-200ER ("B market" or "IGW" being the old designations for this model).

loxol
11th Apr 2006, 14:00
Thanks False

I am a former B777 op guy, but a while ago now. What interests me most is the somewhat eclectic protocols between and within airlines for several parameters - fuel in tanks at shut-down being one of them. I have a lot of experience in this over several airlines and several [heavy] aircraft types. My aim is to consoliadate and promote "best practice" as a precurdor to further work, as fuel becomes increasingly expensive and ultimately, scarce, pending alternative power scenarios.

Cheers and Happy Easter or Songkran, depending where you are.

Lox

Old Smokey
13th Apr 2006, 23:37
Our company's fuel policy is to carry alternate fuel + fixed reserve on all occasions, or 60 minutes at the primary destination, whichever is the greater. As a consequence of operating to a great number of destinations with nearby alternates, the 60 minutes at the destination usually rules. This means typical "Chocks On" fuel in the vicinity of 7 to 8 Tonnes.

I'm comfortable with that.

Regards,

Old Smokey