PDA

View Full Version : CRB for flying instructor

Jinkster
7th Apr 2006, 13:56
Just wondered if CRB clearance was required for a flying instructor.

Whopity
7th Apr 2006, 14:34
What on earth is that?

aztec25
7th Apr 2006, 14:43
Criminal Records Bureau clearance - required for many jobs these days - including school teachers.
Interesting question. Anyone know the answer?

SKYYACHT
7th Apr 2006, 18:03
As far as I am aware, a Disclosure document only needs to be signed if the applicant requires airside access on a permanent photo i.d. and operating airside as part of employment. The criminal record check that I am aware of is specifically aimed at those working with children and vulnerable adults. I am not sure if student pilots fall into the category of vulnerable adults, but some could be considered to be children if they are learning to fly whilst under the age of consent.

I guess.....

Mind you, I am no lawyer!

Cheers

Seanus Maximus
7th Apr 2006, 18:30
CRB clearance is only required for jobs with children and vulnerable adults and certain positions involving security (airside pass). If the job does not fall into this category the employer has no right to even mention it and cant check anything without your written consent. They are also not allowed to turn you down for a job for any non-relevant convictions. web sites are full of jobs that fall under categorys for a CRB check and there is no way an FI falls into this category.

thanks

combineharvester
7th Apr 2006, 21:54
For an airside pass at most (regional eg LBA) airports in the UK the form that is filled in is for a "Basic Disclosure". The enhanced one is reserved for teachers/ and Civillian personnel who work on military projects, e.g Qinetic employees as Seanus says. Hope this helps

Whopity
8th Apr 2006, 07:48
So the answer is NO. Having worked on airfields all my life, military and civil, instructed, taught flying scholarships and never disclosed anything!

Say again s l o w l y
8th Apr 2006, 13:44
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but an FI SHOULD be checked.

We are often in close contact with people under the age of 18 and are very often also in sole care of these minors.

Whilst I think it's all a load of bolleaux, we all need to be very careful in this day and age. I'm currently in the middle of writing a child protection policy for my club, mainly because we have under 18's often working/helping out at the club, not simply because of students.

ANYBODY who (even only potentially) works with kid's should have these checks done, they aren't of massive protection to the individual, but they can certainly help an organisation.

An utter faff and a total waste of our time, but that's what it's like now.....:yuk: