PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating on ATR 72 /500 or A320?

Shaikh N Hoque
6th Apr 2006, 23:51
Hi,

Is anyone know where I can go and get type on ATR 72 / 500 or A320? beside Flight Safety? any information will be great.

Thank you

7th Apr 2006, 11:41
Try Panam Flight Academy in Minneapolis Mn. 651-895-5101 at least for the 320.

ACP
7th Apr 2006, 13:40
....and don't forget to put your name on the long waiting list of Eaglejet because (from my experience and my 3 friends also type rated)THE A320 RATING WITH NO HOURS ON TYPE IS USELESS.

I have been looking for more than a year, going to Asia, Middle East, loosing $$$. Airlines won't hire you if you have no hours on type, that's the reality.
Even if you are type rated , airlines in Asia and ME give priority to their cadets.

In Canada and US, you have no chance because they don't care about your TR....

my 2 cents...

Propspinner
9th Apr 2006, 08:39
just wondering- when you say a type on 320 with no time is useless- have you tried Gulf Air they are desperate for pilot and are hiring non typed direct entrys. Kind of hard to understand why they would not want a typed person???

ACP
9th Apr 2006, 16:47
Yes I have tried Gulf Air, Qatar etc...

My friend is F/O on the A320 with Gulf Air , he had no type rating, but a lot of hours PIC on turbine. The only answer I got from those airlines is ''We require 500 hours on type''.

You should try to call or send an email to some airlines stating that you have a type rating, and you'll see that they all want hours on type. Furthermore, most of them prefer that you have done your course in a specified TRTO. The one in which I obtained my rating was cheap and not known, a Chief pilot told me that he had a bad experience with a pilot from the same TRTO....

Then if you're planning to try in Asia, it is not easier as we might think. India do not hire foreign pilots except if you have at least 500 hours on type, in China the CAAC limits the number of expat pilots and they only hire TRE/TRI at the moment.
In Thai, Malaysia etc... they give priority to cadets, then few of them use pilots from Eaglejet but it's frozen at the moment.

You have to be aware that a lot of pilots already type rated are willing to fly for free and/or pay in order to obtain the line training. It is a reality that I was not aware before starting my Type rating.
I am not proud of it but I had to pay my line training and believe me, the rating course was an easy game compared to the next.

Propspinner
9th Apr 2006, 18:47
i know what you are saying but to be honest there are no set rules at most of these airlines in the middle east. I fly for GF and it seems they pick out of a hat, we have so many ghuys who leave in the first 6months it is kind of wierd. all i can say is good luck- and to be honest thew whole thinkg is bull**** if u get a job in there places you will do fine if u have a good attitude