PDA

View Full Version : A 380 Pressurisation source ?

Dream Buster
6th Apr 2006, 12:35
I was made aware a few weeks ago that the A 380 has been designed with a different source of air for air conditioning purposes than the usual engine air source.

Does anybody know about the new system, how it works and why the engine air was not used? or whether it is even true?

Apologies if it's already been posted............

Many thanks.

:ok:

barit1
6th Apr 2006, 21:39
It was the 787 that is going the "bleedless engine" route - its primary energy takeoff from the engine is electrical IIRC. Thus electric motors will drive air compressors for cabin pressurization, I presume.

Bolty McBolt
10th Apr 2006, 04:12
I have seen the Trent engine for the whale bus..
It has Bleed air off takes like all other large engines..
787 will used electric air pumps and not bleed air and the A380 will use conventional method of air supply

vapilot2004
10th Apr 2006, 08:39
What I found interesting about the A380s pressurization system are the outflow valves and their computerized controllers.

Specifically, the controllers are reportedly autonomous - with no cockpit interface/control. Ingenious - if true.

Anyone have any real data on this ?

Cardinal
13th Apr 2006, 06:26
How does the aircraft know the landing field elevation? Coin toss? I presume it could pull it from the FMS easily enough.

Shaka Zulu
13th Apr 2006, 11:22
Same as the 777 Cardinal, indeed from the FMC (or Airbus FMGC I believe it is ;))