View Full Version : Comments on UK FTO based in Spain: Fly-in-Spain

LH2
6th Apr 2006, 08:06
Just been pointed to UK FTO Fly-in-Spain (http://www.fly-in-spain.com/en/index.php), based in or near Jerez de la Frontera on a reply to another post of mine (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220480) in the Spanish Forum.

I'm looking for an intensive PPL course somewhere where I don't have to deal with visas, etc. and they seem to offer just that, in English.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with them or any other information that might be valuable. I tried a search here, but it seemed to match everything with one of "fly" or "spain", which is most of the site :E

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info

TC_LTN
7th Apr 2006, 16:14
Highly recommended.

Only done PPL hire from Hans and the crew but aeroplane was immaculate at a good rate and operating in Spain very straight forward.

Instructor, Brian Mellor, did my check ride and was thorough, friendly and professional. I am looking to do my IMC with them in the near future.

Back out there next week to do some more flying.

Weather great, great places to visit and RYR fares make Jerez a very attractive alternative to UK wx and hassle.

PM me if you require any other info.

BillieBob
7th Apr 2006, 20:17
Just so that nobody is under any misapprehension, Fly-in-Spain is not a UK FTO. In fact, at the time of writing, it is not an FTO at all - all approved training is currently farmed out to other organisations. This does not mean that its operation as a Registered Facility for PPL training is in any way flawed.

elkrikkos
26th Apr 2006, 18:16
I am also looking for an 'intensive' ppl course (3-4 weeks). As I am a complete newbie, what do you exactly mean with a Registred Facility? What's the difference with a FTO? Does this mean that you can have problems with CAA when they have to issue your JAA-FCL license when you do your training at a RF?

Mark 1
26th Apr 2006, 19:11
Don't be alarmed. Most flying clubs and schools are Registered Facilities.
The licence that you end up with is just the same.

FTOs offer professional, generally full time training in addition; and are subject to inspection, facilities and standards appropriate to that function.

Can't offer any advice on this one. There are good and not-so-good in both worlds.