18th Dec 2008, 04:34
WINGDUST : base is jeddah,

also Dammam (an hour from Bahrain)

747fanatic
18th Dec 2008, 07:32
any luck with block days off?

Rivera
18th Dec 2008, 11:58
"With Sama having achieved profitability in August and September of this year, with 1.5 million guests carried to date and with an international route network spanning the Middle East, now I believe is the right time to hand over the day to day leadership of Sama. I extend my best wishes to Bruce who takes on a great Sama team without which, none of Sama’s considerable accomplishments would have been possible." Andrew Cowen

What does hand over the day to day operation to new ceo mean, does the exiting CEO still have a role, is the new ceo housekeeping, is the exiting ceo a share holder?????????????

Dustwing
18th Dec 2008, 23:21
no block of days off, until now

mutt
19th Dec 2008, 03:35
But what good are blocked days off, if they dont supply a ticket?

Mutt

747fanatic
22nd Dec 2008, 11:18
Are they hiring now? when is the next training planned?

m00
29th Dec 2008, 19:12
i just waNT TO ADVISE ANY PILOT APPLYING FOR A JOB SPECIALLY IN SAUDI ARABIA ,MOST OF THE RICH AIRCRAFT OWNER IS LOOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF THE STOCKS CRACHED IN SAUD AND OUTSIDE WHERE MOST OF THE RICH PEOPLE INVESTING MOST OF THEIR MONEY SOME OF THEM LOST ALOT OF MONEY POSSIBLLY SOME OF THEM PUTTING THEIR AICRAFT FOR SALE ,YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU APPLY GET MORE INFO BEFORE YOU STEP IN? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

SAMA.......LOOSING

NAS.........LOOSING AND THEY ARE GOING TO REDUCE THE FLEET OF A320
STAYING WITH THE BRAZILIAN (CHEAPER)

747fanatic
4th Jan 2009, 07:35
Whats going on at Sama? heard they have a hiring freeze in place.

Dustwing
4th Jan 2009, 07:59
Hy, new CEO wants to organize the company, it's gonna take some time...

Duster

747fanatic
11th Jan 2009, 12:46
very quite this one.

how is the Mumbai route doing?

747fanatic
11th Feb 2009, 04:40
No comments?
Whats the new CEO upto?

747fanatic
25th Feb 2009, 11:43
Whats happening at Sama?

Has the new managment rolled out a plan as yet?

cantbeafoolinlove
3rd Mar 2009, 18:47
Hello Everyone,
I have been reading PPRune for sometime, especially the middle east and SE Asia, as I belong to this region.
Well, anyone has any news on the interviews for Sama anytime soon?
Also what exactly is asked/questioned/tested on in the interview/assesment.
Any help would be greatful. Also tried using the famous "search" tool but all I got related to Sama was this post and could find much on this post, unless I missed something here.
Thanks in advance,
CBAFIL

747fanatic
12th Mar 2009, 08:16
They stopped Mumbai? already

cantbeafoolinlove
19th Mar 2009, 14:15
Anyone knows what all is being tested/questioned in the Sama Interview. and if they are recruiting any pilots or not.
Thanks,
CBAFIL

jamestaylor
20th Mar 2009, 06:21
Heard MB is gone to Cebu air can someone confirm - second was he ok or what................?

wonder
20th Mar 2009, 08:06
Rumors say that they are shutting down by this May. Management team cannot handle the operation of the airline and investors are not willing to pump in more money.

aeroground
22nd Mar 2009, 06:30
good luck to him being able to BS his way to cebu, doubtful many will be sorry in the sand pit, does that answer your question

Dustwing
22nd Mar 2009, 13:41
If it's gonna be open or closed until may, there are only two months for that and let's see; regarding MB, he knows aviation like a donkey knows about computers; the guy was an idiot all the time. A dispatcher working as a COO, as a pet for the CEO.. unfortunately, they created a mess in everything they touched, UK management was simply a disaster.

savannah
22nd Mar 2009, 14:57
Hello All
Could anyone assist with any solid info regarding SAMA job opening?
I am eyeing right seat on -300,with 3,000hrs 0n -200 that has SP-177 autopilot

[email protected]

Happy Landings

seRIOusGRUdge
22nd Mar 2009, 19:41
Some of my friends still there and telling how everything now is more stable then before. The old problems dont come up so much anymore now and they have stability in the rosters. The aircrafts dont have so many problems like when srt was doing the maintanance and the flights they are mostly on time now.

The old management are gone and nobody is missing them or their bad ways and ideas. The flight operations managment will now be able to do their job peacefully without justifyeing every halala for the old management while the rials were being wasted.
They fooled the prince to convince him to take old 737, the story that everyone knows in Sama.

I doubt sama will close in may.

jamestaylor
22nd Mar 2009, 22:18
was he a dispatcher only? they will chew him up and spit him out in cebu but maybe that is what he deserves........ Hay Bruce A is a great CEO tried very hard at Indigo but had enough. If you get good COO in there the team can hummm - too many people losing jobs hope they get back on track and losing the boy wonder will help out..............

aeroground
23rd Mar 2009, 02:49
calling MB a dispatcher is so far removed, he was PA to air asia ceo before joining sama, prior to that held junior QA positions, agree he did make a mess of sama

cantbeafoolinlove
25th Mar 2009, 16:27
Hello everyone,
Any one who did their interview in riyadh last week, please can you share the experience. What all was asked?
CBAFIL

hawkerjet
7th Apr 2009, 10:40
I too would appreciate any gouge from those in the know. What is Sama's sim profile on the 767? How are the interviews conducted? Questions asked, tests etc. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance:ok:

hawkerjet
7th Apr 2009, 23:00
Would someone care to share any interview info they have on Fly Sama in Saudi Arabia. I am looking for info such as sim profile ( B 767 ) and interview questions or tests. Your help is greatly appreciated. Also please keep this info restricted to the interview process only please, I have read the other posts about Sama and would like to keep this one focused on the Sama interview. Cheers

DU7532
8th Apr 2009, 10:03
Hi,

I also am new at this forum.

Wondering if there was anyone out there willing to share valuable information with myself, in relation to SAMA airlines assessment day tasks, questions involved and the sim profile.

I missed out on the March 09 assessment in Bahrain, and now due for on later this month. If someone can be kind enough to share their experience and comments with me, I would be most appreciative. Please PM me if you like.

Safe flying.

hawkerjet
8th Apr 2009, 23:27
Is anyone in the know about Sama interviews? I would really appreciate some help. There's been a lot of threads regarding Sama, does anyone actually work for them or have gone through the interview???:ugh:

hawkerjet
9th Apr 2009, 08:23
Does Sama pay for your airline ticket to the interview? I hear the sim is in Bahrain and the interview conducted in Riyadh. Anyone with any knowledge??
Thanks in advance....:}

el sol
9th Apr 2009, 18:21
You're persistent !

hawkerjet
9th Apr 2009, 22:56
I don't know if that is a compliment or not, however I'll take it as such. I figure that there were so many people discussing Sama that someone actually should know something about them. There has to be some people who may not look at these threads everyday who could help. I have performed a search and have had minimal success. I'll keep trying as well as preparing for a tough interview so at least I'll be as prepared, to do my best.

arba
12th Apr 2009, 16:38
yes they give you the ticket and accomodation.

they asked me about (73CL) the single pack failure during cruise , the red parking brake light , flight control switch , how do I like my present SOP , is there something I would like to add or skip to improve , do I know "low cost carrier" concept , things like that.

hawkerjet
13th Apr 2009, 01:05
Thanks Arba:ok:

747fanatic
13th Apr 2009, 16:09
anyone going to the 18 April interviews in Bahrain?

Dustwing
18th Apr 2009, 18:24
can i help out with the questions?

shoot

mutt
19th Apr 2009, 04:19
I'm curious, the original concept of the PSO routes was that JED/DMM/RUH were given to each of the airlines (Saudia/SAMA/NAS) as their hubs. The number of airlines that were supposed to be allowed operate any route was limited.

Now we see that NAS have just started operating JED-DMM/RUH-DMM, these had to be the most profitable routes operated by SAMA. Why were NAS allowed to start operating these profitable routes? How will SAMA compete against this intense competition?

Mutt

desertopsguy
20th Apr 2009, 06:37
The PSO's are enforced, given the choice no one would operate those, they're dreadful. To top it off there is no subsidy given, anywhere else the gov would be underwriting the cost to soften the sting.

RUH-DMM "most profitable route" ?? very much doubt that even with if there was a 100% LF those are domestic sectors with fare caps imposed.

The profit is to be had elsewhere.

Grimmace
13th Jun 2009, 18:38
Hello y'all,

Can anyone tell me something about Mark Breen formerly with SAMA? This guy is an adviser at an airline in southeast asia. Heard that this guy is a birdbrain/bonehead, and that the pilot corps in that airline are not happy with him.

Just wondering maybe someone can shed some light on this character. Thanks.

aeroground
15th Jun 2009, 11:59
a total bird brain has been since transaer, air asia and sama, good luck if you working with him, he is known as flapper

pprunite
10th Sep 2009, 16:30
Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you everyone for making this forums so useful.

I am going to have a layover in Riyadh on a personal trip early next month. I was wondering if anyone has any contact for the concerned person in SAMA HR office, where I can drop in my documents in person.

Tried to search through the most useful tool of the forums, but to no joy, maybe i am new for forums so not exactly sure how to look for specific things.

Happy landings....

metro301
10th Sep 2009, 18:22
Sorry, I don't have contact details for you, I think you need to be searching in Dammam not RUH.

pprunite
10th Sep 2009, 18:33
@metro301
Thanks for your quick response.
Any/all information about their HR office and concerned person for Flight Deck would be appreciated!!!

in FACT is
11th Sep 2009, 06:10
check your passport first, are Brazillian??? if not, forget about your intention:{

aeroground
13th Sep 2009, 05:34
sent you pm with ctc

Malcontento'
3rd Nov 2009, 11:34
Sama is not an airline but it wishes that it was. After 3 years of flying they still have only four, old broken down 300s in the air on any given day. All of the competition (NAS, Fly-Dubai, Bahrain-Air, Air Arabia etc.) has grown, but not Sama. The incompetence of the operations team is legendary, but somehow they have deluded themselves (or at least the investors) into thinking that it is a viable company. Everyone is trying to leave now, and several are taking jobs for less pay just to get out before the wheels fall off. The entire training department resigned in disgust last month. Mark Breen has been gone for a year now, but the current DOO, (Oh Sorry, V.P. of Operations) is even worse. :ugh:

arba
4th Nov 2009, 04:42
Malcontento : Everyone is trying to leave now

they start sacking pilots now, you know that right?

mutt
4th Nov 2009, 07:31
they start sacking pilots now WHY?

Sitting in a Dubai Bar couple of years ago chatting to a Middle East Aviation guru, he told me that the only people going to make money out of SAMA were the consultants... It looks like he was correct !:ok:

What happens to them when the government funding runs out?

Mutt

Dustwing
5th Nov 2009, 09:16
Probably the same as Saudia, more funds to cover the company, there is no profitable company in the country. How is the A320 going, are you already flying them in Saudia?

mutt
5th Nov 2009, 10:49
there is no profitable company in the country You might be surprised when end of the year results are issued for one of our entities... :)

A320's are bouncing around doing crew training, 4 of there here, 5 more this year, 26 more next year!

Mutt

Dustwing
5th Nov 2009, 14:22
It will be very nice to see positive numbers appearing for real, by now, there is still a huge lack of pilots in the country; even expats are not enough. Great number of A320's coming and SV still looking for pilots. Hope you enjoy the new acft.

Br

Duster

menegoli
9th Dec 2009, 19:44
Check the website www.flysama.com (http://www.flysama.com)
There will be a screening soon.
Best

acepilotmurdock
10th Dec 2009, 00:12
Anyone here work for Sama? Would be interested in a chat
Ace
:ok:

acepilotmurdock
11th Dec 2009, 10:23
Hi I would be interested to hear from any Sama drivers with regards to the company.
Ace

acepilotmurdock
12th Dec 2009, 08:51
No Sama drivers????

Keep walking
12th Dec 2009, 16:12
are you really sure?:suspect:

hawkerjet
13th Dec 2009, 01:07
With Sama taking delivery of up to 20 aircraft in the next 4 years there will be some movement on the hiring front relatively soon. Where does Sama do their training? Is the sim evaluation still done in the 767 in Bahrain? Has anyone heard back from Sama regarding an interview date. I received an application in April 09 and sent it in but have heard nothing. I also noticed that the email addy they used then is no longer valid.
Would someone at Sama like to help us out with some info please?

Warmest Regards,
HJ:ugh:

acepilotmurdock
13th Dec 2009, 08:37
Hi there hawker,
I started a threat regards some info..and have had no replies so unsure what is going on.
Ace

hawkerjet
13th Dec 2009, 11:17
Hi Ace,
Sama has had quite a few threads on this site however most seem to be comments on how the airline is run, ceo issues and maintenance, which leads me to believe that not very many people who comment actually work for sama. There are a couple of guys in the know about Saudi aviation issues and I hope to hear from them.

I was trying to get info in April regarding interviews and sim profiles and had a few helpful pointers, but then the hammer fell and Sama stopped all interviews. Collectively maybe we can pool our resources together and share any info.

If anyone in the know about sama would care to share some info such as hiring updates, new routes, which aircraft did they decide to go with, future growth plans, I'd certainly like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance..........:ok:

Dustwing
13th Dec 2009, 23:48
be careful, standby, take a look at the old treads, everything is still the same. They have shortage of crews and hiring is open, there are some agencies requesting pilots... like flightdeck recruitment.

good luck.

duster

nerof53
15th Dec 2009, 19:10
Well we went few months ago.
We were 5 candidates.
3 of us had B737 experience .
One 1000 hours PIC on B737 ,the second over 2500 F/O hours on B737, the Third over 7000 hours PIC on the B737 all of us below age 50.
All of us current on B737
No Sim Session
Non of us 3 got the job

2 did not have experience on type
One last flight on B737 over 20 years ago
the second no experience at all
one above 50
one above 60(Type rating for this pilot paid by Sama)
Yes Sim Session,Just Take and Landing on B757, no emergency procedure at all
all those 2 got the job
HR , female from Brazil, very nervous ,but very nervous, look at her careful
You can elaborate the facts
No good connection with anyone in the company? More likely you wast your time, unless you are lucky

acepilotmurdock
15th Dec 2009, 20:24
thanks for the Reply mate....all helps
Ace

taupo2tahoe
16th Dec 2009, 00:32
If you are interested in joining Sama, apply, go to the interview and see for yourself.
Don't take advice from someone who did not get selected.

nerof53
16th Dec 2009, 08:00
Don't take advice from someone who did not get selected.

taupo2tahoe (http://www.pprune.org/members/235419-taupo2tahoe) I do agree with you

acepilotmurdock
16th Dec 2009, 09:05
taupo....do you work for Sama?

nerof53
16th Dec 2009, 10:08
Yes He does
I think is the same guy over 60 .I may be wrong , but look like.Too many info about JAL.
I am correct?

desertopsguy
16th Dec 2009, 10:26
That a pilot in Sama has worked for JAL would make it hard to indentify him as several of them have.

Brazilian HR lady has left.

No decision as yet on aircraft type, it could go either way but will be announced soon.

No news on new routes although there is a list of desirables.

Sim evaluation still takes place in BAH ufn.

New COO, Suha Arkan, formerly US Airways.

D.O.G

hawkerjet
16th Dec 2009, 10:29
That's very good advice, and I plan on taking it.. I have my resume with Sama and hope to hear from them. Thanks for your postings, I appreciate it. Best wishes to you in your job search.... HJ

nerof53
16th Dec 2009, 10:57
Brazilian HR lady has left.
Well in this case it is worth to try .
More chance than before to my opinion let 'see what happen

taupo2tahoe
16th Dec 2009, 20:27
You seem pretty sure of yourself.
I don't know that much about the company to be giving advice!

arba
17th Dec 2009, 04:57
desertopsguy :Sim evaluation still takes place in BAH ufn.

what I heard is no one came to be assesed at BMI training facility ,LHR.

mkdar
17th Dec 2009, 06:40
Out of curiosity guise, do they still do one month on and one month off work pattern?
thanx

hawkerjet
17th Dec 2009, 07:22
taupo2, the advice I was referring to was yours, " Don't take advice from someone that wasn't selected".
I just don't know how to use the quote features on this site......

desertopsguy
17th Dec 2009, 09:18
Sama never did a 1 month on, 1 month off pattern, that was NAS and I believe they have since seen the stupidity in that way of doing things so it has ceased.

Don't hold you breath when it comes to HR there, nothing will change, nepotism common...what's new in the sandpit!

Recurrent sim still being done in UK, 733 sims hard to find.

New pilot contracts on the way.

Cadet pilot scheme being worked on to put Saudis in the right seat.

D.O.G

ironbutt57
17th Dec 2009, 09:36
"Sim evaluation still takes place in BAH ufn."

767 sim is gone...

taupo2tahoe
17th Dec 2009, 18:25
Hey Hawkerjet, no problem. I was replying to the comment made by Nerof53.
I believe Sama will be interviewing in LHR soon. Probably using Oxford's 737-300 sim for the evaluation.
Some jobs suit some people and some don't. I'm sure there are guys at Sama who are content with the job and others who are not. Same thing with any airline, conditions can always be improved. If you like it stay----if not, work to improve things or leave, just don't hang around with a negative p'sed off attitude.

nerof53
18th Dec 2009, 12:52
You seem pretty sure of yourself.
I don't know that much about the company to be giving advice!
Well that is simple .Just experience like I did with Sama the same story that I posted before and... and the rest comes along.
I just wrote that facts that happen to me that is all.
No negative attitude or other negative emotions Just pure facts.
Those suggestion comes after conclusion of my personal story,those are the results of what happen.

frozenpilot
7th Jan 2010, 14:50
Hi all,

I have done a search but had no success yet...

I have been invited for an interview in LHR in a few days. Been told there is an interview, pyschometric test, English test and sim check.

Can anyone advise on the process, questions asked? or sim profile?

Regards

mutt
7th Jan 2010, 16:52
New COO, Suha Arkan, formerly US Airways. Is that the same guy who was with Sabre Aviation Solutions???

Mutt

arba
8th Jan 2010, 07:32
sim profile is simple, raw data flying without F/D and A/T. Maybe holding entry , ILS tracking. If you familiar, they're using new boeing procedure (stage II ). You might want to check Manchester approach plates.

good luck

desertopsguy
8th Jan 2010, 07:59
Same guy...

frozenpilot
8th Jan 2010, 09:37
Cheers arba!

Any info on the type of questions they ask in the interview? ie, 737 tech etc

Thanks

arba
9th Jan 2010, 06:38
maybe the standard fire drill, the single pack operation affecting a flight,
take-off warning's trigger, red parking brake light means, not that deep if you're not current.

frozenpilot
9th Jan 2010, 09:31
Thanks!

Incidently, I am current on type, but not aware of the significance of parking break red light, other than red is on???

arba
10th Jan 2010, 03:58
ha3x! i am not good with systems, but they say the "trapped" pressure may NOT sufficient to hold you, even when it is illuminated.

Bigfoot
10th Jan 2010, 09:21
Gents,

Could someone please advise me who to contact at Sama reference pilot recruitment.
I've tried completing the oneline application, but to no avail. When i ring saudi, the operator cant help me either. Cant understand english very well.

I've just been made redundant with 3000hours. 1000 hours on each.B737/B757/B767.

Thankyou for your help.

desertopsguy
11th Jan 2010, 08:45
Bigfoot, you have a pm.

FrankAbagnale
11th Jan 2010, 14:35
Hey there,

Can anyone give me a contact number or email for recruitment at sama?
Just another 737 jockey out of work :ugh:

cheers

Foschi Jr
12th Jan 2010, 21:02
sorry my friend , but just go there if you are crazy...totally crazy

Shaman
12th Jan 2010, 21:41
and don't forget to ask at the interview how long it will be before your family can join you (the answer should be 3 months).

arba
13th Jan 2010, 03:48
Foschi Jr : sorry my friend , but just go there if you are crazy...totally crazy

aren't we all ..Jose ? .. aren't we all ?

Firestorm
14th Jan 2010, 09:27
No Arba: we're desperate.

Dustwing
14th Jan 2010, 15:03
turkish, flydubai, hong kong, shenzen are hiring... but if you are desperate... i would say minimum 6 months to bring your family to the kingdom; lifestyle will be extremely diferent.

duster

Firestorm
18th Jan 2010, 14:27
Anyone who was at the interview on the 11th of January: I got the yes please e mail this afternoon :) Happy with that result.

bigmisterno
18th Jan 2010, 15:46
hi guys,
I am looking info about sama.
I hope there is someone here inside the company or at least that knows well how things go, that can say something about roster, salary and everything else.
Any info are welcomed.
Thank You Guys.
big

Dustwing
18th Jan 2010, 16:09
1 Roster - always change.
2 Day off - is D0 (D zero) any period of 24 hours. Not civilian day, no compensation if the company decides to change it without previous notice.
2.5 16 hours duty time.
3 No resident visas - only consultant ones, nobody knows why or what's happening.
4 For base in jeddah - companies in the kingdom need to sponsor the employee singing rental contracts with real state companies and the employee... no support there, you are by yourself.
5 No insurances, only an ordinary medical one.
6 Aircraft with +- 20 years old.
7 New aircraft - fairy tale.
8 Salary is good - not on time.
9 Only transportation and house allowances included in the salary.
10 Do not make any mistake nor ask questions, zero tolerance by company's side.
11 Life in the kingdom is totally different for westerners.
12 Women not allowed to drive.
13 School is difficult for foreigners in Jeddah.
14 Housing is difficult.
15 No ID tickets.
15.5 No per diems.
16 Pay attention to safety.
17 Pay attention to your contract, what is written in English may not reflect what you have in arabic, details are important.
18 Good luck
19 Etc....

There are many guys from sama in here.

bigmisterno
18th Jan 2010, 16:42
ok thank you for the reply.
I was just curious on any issue since I do know just little about it. and willing to get any useful hints (if there are of course).
of course it will not changing my point of view or anything else.
Kind regards
Big.

Flat Cap
20th Jan 2010, 08:05
Hello Firestorm I was there the 11th, a pleasure meeting you too.

For better or worse the offer me the job yesterday, but I'm not signing anything till I have read the small print. :hmm:

Too Few Stripes
22nd Jan 2010, 19:26
Further to BigFoot's post, can anyone supply a good email address/contact details for Sama. The online application is still sending failed to deliver messages.

Cheers,

TFS.

Shaman
23rd Jan 2010, 09:48
Anyone able to spend a few minutes to give an idea of the interview format which SAMA had in London?

Was the question of family accommpanying you discussed?

Flat Cap
23rd Jan 2010, 11:53
All the contact info can be found here:

Sama - PILOT CAREER CENTRE (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/AirCarrier.aspx?id=1722)

Interview is normally done over one long day but can occasionally spread to 1.5 days. Fairly standard format.

1. Welcome paperwork check fill out sama application form.

2. Basic English test and a few very simple arithmetic questions, you also have to write a 200 word letter to a friend. If you native English speaker they are a little apologetic about it but it's a part of their recruitment process.

3. Group exercise - logic puzzle "the Ford is 2 cars to the left of the red car. There are no cars to the right of the Audi"....etc etc 20 mins

4. Interview - Panel format 4 on the panel. Chief Pilot, Head of Training, UK Sim Trainer as a consultant, and HR who leads the interview.

What do you know about SAMA. What do you know about Saudi. Will you taking your family. That will you bring to SAMA, sell yourself to us. What is the benefit of an SOP. How would you deal with someone that ignores or operates outside the SOP? Give us an example of you having to deal with a difficult Capt./ FO. Recall items for an engine fire, what happens when you pull the fire switch (wing spa fuels valves close etc etc). Give us you departure brief from your home airfield.

5. Sim- @ MAN for me, Straight forward auto-throttle and FD on depart level off. No AP. Auto-throttle out, climbing turns on to headings, descend downwind for ILS set up for arrival. Manual ILS with FD to a baulked landing go around from <100ft.

6. 2hr Barrage Test. in 6 parts total about 250 questions, 200 personality profiling. Then more basic english, followed by, mathematics & math problem solving. Nothing too tricky no calculators allowed.

That's all I started at about 09:00 finished about 19:00.

A long day, but very pleasnt friendly people not out to trick you or make the process difficult they really do just want to find out a bit about you.

Best of Luck and se you in the Sandpit.

Flat Cap

Shaman
24th Jan 2010, 00:44
Flat Cap

Thanks for taking the trouble to give us a comprehensive reply - hope you were successful.

Flat Cap
24th Jan 2010, 15:41
Your very welcome Shamen.

And yes I was. :ok:

CapedVulture
28th Jan 2010, 02:49
Could anybody advise on the current roster at Sama?
I heard 6 weeks on/ 2 weeks off, in other words, commutable?
Is this correct?

NightSun
28th Jan 2010, 10:57
Has anyone interviewed Dec/Jan had a contract or course date? I had an offer 10 days ago by email, but nothing further, so no idea on t&c's etc.
It seems to be the same with the others on my screening who were offered a job.

desertopsguy
28th Jan 2010, 15:49
Not sure where that came from but it's not true...

:suspect:

Firestorm
28th Jan 2010, 16:32
Same as you NightSun. Heard nothing.

mutt
28th Jan 2010, 18:14
I see that they are dropping all the PSO routes and complaining about unfair competition......... How much money did the Saudi Government give them last year?

Mutt

CapedVulture
28th Jan 2010, 19:26
Hi desertops.
Could you advise of what the roster is then?
How many days off a month as standard and how many days off in a row to be expected? Standbys etc?

Thanks

jamestaylor
29th Jan 2010, 05:07
Guys this MB is killing Cebu Pac please take the PA and or junior planner back now.............................. He is the know it all of nothing

Dustwing
29th Jan 2010, 07:33
block of days off are not allowed, not granted at all, you will have 8 periods of ”any” 24 hours after 16 hours duty time as your day off. To answer Mutt, more than 50 mil last year, and better to be flying your a320's. Regarding cebu pac... Please keep mb away from here.

fractional
3rd Feb 2010, 08:09
You will not be granted an IQAMA, which is the work and residence permit, and most probably you will fly with a visitor visa where you can read in plain English: not permitted to workI guess this is fine up to a point and time when you get into some sort of trouble and the authorities find out that you are an alien in the country. Then what? Jail?
Is this a normal practice now because of the job quotas? I can guess the answer(s), but I'm sure someone will come up with them based on local facts :ok:.

Firestorm
3rd Feb 2010, 10:13
Eagle18. Can I ask a few more questions about your statements?

Payment date is written on the contract - 27th each month - you will never get your money on this date
But do you get paid each month or do the company owe you more than one month's salary? What currency are you paid in?

you will sign a $24000 training bond
Does this reduce monthly or is it fixed for a fixed period of time: if so how long?

There is no commuting and nobody can believe there will be, unless you sign a contract with commuting clauses clearly explained.
The chief pilot said to me that he hopes to make it a commuting contract this year because he is concerned that he will not be able to keep pilots otherwise. Is he reliable or was he trying to lure me in?

Do they provide or do you have to provide your own?

If they provide it what sort of standard accommodation do they find for you? Is it with other members of the company or are you spread around different compounds?

What are the other members of the crew like? Where do the majority of crews come from? What nationality are the cabin crew?

If it's as bad as you painted the picture in your last post why do you stay (and how long have you been there)? Are you there with your family or do you have family in your home nation?

Sorry to quiz you so hard, but having been offered a position I have yet to have any correspondence from them about the contract or start date.

arba
4th Feb 2010, 07:48
(the chiefpilot) Is he reliable ?

he tricked his crew to violate the general oper. manual by saying "we've got the approval from authority and it will be on the next manual revision which is in printing process". :ok:

he made sure a pilot don't get pay on his annual leave/vacation because the chief heard that the pilot might not coming back from his home country (same as the chief's). :D

The work for that pay is done ! he must get paid.

so .. is he reliable? :=

Dustwing
4th Feb 2010, 07:56
eagle18 is right.
A month ago a newspaper noticed that companies in the kingdom that had not presented real numbers of saudization were forbidden to get iqamas for 5 years, not sure who are them, no names.
Chief pilot is replaced.
Salary delays are increasing.
As an individual you will not be able to bring your family.
You will get no support of the company for your basic needs.
No resident visas, can you just realize the meaning of the problem?
Bond is pro-rata.
90 per cent of crews are looking for other job, even former C.P. and other managers.
Time to think.

Panama Jack
4th Feb 2010, 12:09
Sounds like SAS-- "Saudi Aviation Syndrome." Pilots at a few companies have gone through exactly the same problems you describe, especially the tardy payment thing.

The reason for not giving Igamas is simple. If you don't have an Igama, you are not working in the Kingdom. So from a quotas point of view, you don't exist. This is how some companies who depend on expats can claim that they have a high percentage of Saudization. No Igama-- good luck. No banking, no wiring money out of the country, no drivers licence, no vehicle ownership. To summarize it-- "it sucks."

Combine it with a 3-year fixed bond and it sounds to me like a prison term

Dustwing
5th Feb 2010, 15:19
As usual, a clear picture of what is happening, good post, buenas!

mutt
5th Feb 2010, 16:50
No Igama

How does one get a Saudi pilots licence without an igama?

Visit visas are generally issued for 30 days with extensions for an additional two months, so how can people stay long term in KSA on these visas?

What is Suha Arkan doing about all of this?

Mutt

Dustwing
5th Feb 2010, 19:36
Very good question Mutt, when you find out let us know... please.

You are one or the persons here that has a very good level of information, affirmatives are consistent but the case is happening a lot lately.

thanks,

Duster

:ugh:

arba
6th Feb 2010, 06:02
anybody know SHJ incident recently, AirArabia 320 went around after someone crossed a red bar light at taxiway Delta ? :=

Dustwing
6th Feb 2010, 08:47
Sure, it really happened.

Malcontento'
16th Feb 2010, 05:28
If you have not heard anything with regards to an offer of employment - consider yourself extremely LUCKY! You will not find a single person in the company who can look you in the eye and say a single good thing about the management or the company itself.

Someone above said that it feels like a prison sentence to be here working and that is a perfect description. Yes the money that we are paid sounds good, but factor in that you have NO life insurance, No loss of license insurance, No education allowance for children's school, No flight privileges on any airline in the world or even a discount, No support from the company as Dustwing mentioned, and oh yeah, did I mention that the job is in SAUDI ARABIA??? You will be worked and treated like a dog then left to fend for yourself as far as finding a place to live. No one is going to help you and no one cares. You will also most likely never find out a way to bring your family into the country, (I have been here almost two years and am still without mine) and best of luck trying to rent or buy a car or even open a bank account.

These are the facts, actually I may have sugar-coated things a bit. We are all looking for a way out of here - even the CP resigned in disgust last month citing, "Family" reasons. If you are already here it gives you some time to look for another job. If you are not already here and want to add ten years to your life - Don't come.:ugh:

Keep walking
1st Mar 2010, 08:06
be far away...case closed.:=

Dustwing
1st Mar 2010, 08:11
stay away.... no salary, no respect, no decency...

bigmisterno
1st Mar 2010, 14:48
pull up, pull up...

Dust, just curious,
are you working for Sama?
i don't want be sarcastic or misunderstood, i am trying to understand the reasons behind your msg and the one from Malcontento.
thans

Harry Shyters
1st Mar 2010, 18:17
If you went to an interview or presentation by QR / EK and then to a Sama day I think that the "don't come here" message from Dustwing and others is entirely the correct one. Having been offered a job by them (in mid-Jan) and heard nothing since accepting (no paperwork, no further phone contact, nothing) I think I've had a lucky escape.

Dustwing
1st Mar 2010, 19:19
yes, some work for sama, and no salary is being paid on time for quite some time, respect and support by the company to it's employees is not their strong quality/capability, and if you need a job of course you can accept. by the way, many of the guys are leaving very soon... a forum is a chance to let others to know what is happening. The stay away message is a friendly advice. Read the previous pages of the forum and very good luck in your decision.

Harry Shyters
2nd Mar 2010, 20:54
a320t

I wasn't suggesting that you had been to the EK/QR presentations. I was saying that if you had..... (and I have). I have been interviewed by Sama and I was offered a job and have heard nothing since accepting it a month and a half ago. Busy? More like they've shed a whole lot of PSO routes (see the Sama website). :hmm:

I believe that what Dustwing and others are saying is true and that if you do have a family to feed, Sama is the last place you should go to feed and clothe them. :ok:

You should try PM'ing some of these posters and see what they have to say.....:E

EK / QR are going to be taking a lot of pilots, between them they need way over 400 pilots this year. Why not go there - you may get an earlier start date than you'd think. They do all that Sama don't do (resident visas, staff travel, interline, new aircraft, accommodation, transport, leave, bidding), need I go on. :ugh:

HS

Keep walking
3rd Mar 2010, 03:27
Guys,thrusth me...stay really far way...otherwise ...:ugh:

Rafeeq
8th Mar 2010, 10:58
Guys:
Are there any indians among SAMA pilots? if yes names and e-mails please
Really i want to apply but as i red,the company is ruled by brazilians.:eek:

desertopsguy
9th Mar 2010, 16:36
Company not ruled by Brazilians. CP is Saudi. No Indians there.

Dustwing
11th Mar 2010, 12:33
ruled by indians is qatar i believe.... Sama is saudi.

Keep walking
12th Mar 2010, 03:01
Brazilian Mafia is rulling...stay away...

Dustwing
12th Mar 2010, 13:21
and also american mafia top guys, british mafia below the top on key positions.... then Saudi mafia anywhere... then brazilians line pilots with many other nationalities... but company looks like sinking... fast.

Keep walking
12th Mar 2010, 17:54
sinking in the sand...:}:8:}:8:oh::oh::oh:

Rafeeq
13th Mar 2010, 10:37
Will they annonce their closing soon:{

Keep walking
14th Mar 2010, 19:27
:yuk::yuk::yuk:sinking:yuk::yuk::yuk:stay far far away:=:=:=and never try to join:D:D:D

arba
16th Mar 2010, 06:54
dear Rafeeq,
take the chance ! with or without Indian pilot there ! (why? you're not confident by yourself?)
just like you press that TO/GA button everyday !
(commuting contract is on the way)

good luck & fly safe

Goose_A320
16th Mar 2010, 12:19
KeepWalking just says bull**** !!!!

1) The company isn't for sure the best to work for, but pays a decent salary (as long you stay away from the "commuting" contract).
2) Yes, the salaries use to delay ... but they are paid within the month
3) brazilians DO NOT rule the company. CEO :uhoh: and VP of operations :ugh: are AMERICANS, chief pilot is Saudi (nice guy), HR is ran by saudis ...
4) there are quite a big number of brazilian pilots, however, this average is decreasing
5) the future of the company is cloudy: some say it's going to be sold, others say it's going to stay like this ... The CEO does not use to inform about his steps. That's really annoying ...
6) if you're willing to join, you'll see little support and respect from the management, however, the crews are great, so, when you close the aircraft's doors, the fun starts (and a flight can be pretty exciting with these old 737's)
7) they promise a lot of things: upgrades, new planes, better pay ... untill now, nothing. However, things are getting so ugly for the management that they have to do something about.

To summarize: this is a JOB. Come her, comply with your 2 years' contract, save some money and look for something else. If you're joining as a captain, you can save as much as U$ 150,000.00 in 2 years and if you're a FO, you'll have the opportunity to be upgraded faster than other companies around the planet (so far, around 15 were upgraded here).

I hope this helps to take any decision

Keep walking
17th Mar 2010, 00:34
:=:=:=KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:D:D:D:yuk::yuk::yuk:.... Please,another one...again and again...:}:}:}

Dustwing
21st Mar 2010, 09:45
Take your chances, but be aware, and i can't agree with goose "on the things are getting to bad for management that they have to do something"; they are here for quite a while and the only things you can see are worse and worst, new contract is a bad joke.

:(

D

Keep walking
21st Mar 2010, 17:52
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

Keep walking
22nd Mar 2010, 23:55
you are the guy...congrats...:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

arba
29th Mar 2010, 06:07
dear prophet,

I heard this "sh_t-hole" would give a guy the 2nd (.. or even the 3rd)
up-grade opportunity ? is that correct ?

wow .. that's a luxury to me.

Dustwing
29th Mar 2010, 08:03
it happened before, i think a guy has to go to the end of the line to have another chance, the biggest problem is survival. I know you and for sure you deserve the chance, you are a great pilot.

:)

D

Keep walking
29th Mar 2010, 14:09
simply cry...:eek:

arba
31st Mar 2010, 07:28
Hi 'D',

my point is to clarify that this horrible company at the same time gives "luxury" in term of command upgrade,right?
In my place ( and many other places) is only once !:= Something must be special :D

and don't worry about me (thanks anyway), I got my chance some 12 years ago.

Dustwing
2nd Apr 2010, 15:34
Sorry, i made a mix of individuals, but you are a great pilot!!

BR,

D

Keep walking
2nd Apr 2010, 20:53
yes,you are right...go ahead:}:}:}

arba
3rd Apr 2010, 05:03
good luck with the FD (but the call sign is SD ? nice livery), agree 100% with :

There is no perfect air carrier

and

if you do not have anything good to say or add, keep quiet

may I add:" OR STEP OUT!"

rather than bashing it all the time but ... no place to go

Dustwing
3rd Apr 2010, 08:18
Anyone can express whatever they think, it's an open forum for different perspectives and ideas about the topics; freedom to discuss what's good or bad.

Go ahead...

D

arba
3rd Apr 2010, 09:39
oops .. double mixed up! :D

MiddleEastFlyer
5th Apr 2010, 12:53
Dear Keep Walking 1,

I don't fly for SAMA but I know lots of people who do.
So, the only conclusion I could come to reading your posting is that either you tha chiefpilot or the director of operations.
Another thing as Dusty Wings told this an open discussion forum where evryone is entitled to have an opinion it is up to the reader to agree or disagree with it.
If SAMA is so good, instead of criticizing other's opinions, maybe you could point out the strong points about SAMA. This would be a good exercise of imagination.

Dustwing
5th Apr 2010, 13:50
agreed 100%, must be the oneeeee......

Duster

Keep walking
6th Apr 2010, 05:06
:oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh:

bomos
6th Apr 2010, 11:56
Keep the channel open, never mind about someone trying to put limits for the discussions, be brave and listen more than you write mr kp1.

Firestorm
20th Apr 2010, 09:01
I've just had a phone call, and been given a provisional course date of 15th of May, but she hung up before discussing any other details such as where, when they start paying and so on!

Has anyone else had the call? What do you think of it?

Dustwing
21st Apr 2010, 10:35
Course is in Bahrain, base will be jeddah and wish you the best.

Regards,

Duster

Firestorm
21st Apr 2010, 10:57
Thanks Dustwing. Maybe we'll get to blow the froth off a Pepsi together!

desertopsguy
22nd Apr 2010, 15:37
Kuwait's Jazeera keen to pursue carrier acquisition
David Kaminski-Morrow, London (16Feb10, 13:57 GMT, 232 words)

Kuwaiti budget carrier Jazeera Airways is to pursue plans to acquire a Middle Eastern airline this year as part of a strategy to reinforce its presence.
The carrier confirmed its intentions following its agreement to take over its closely-tied Sahaab Aircraft Leasing operation.
Jazeera Airways has not publicly identified a carrier target but has been seeking to expand through other bases.
The takeover of Sahaab, which leases Airbus A320s to Jazeera, gives the airline a "platform" to expand into other areas over 2010-11, says the carrier.
It states that an airline acquisition is among its plans, and a spokesman adds that Jazeera is looking at candidates within the Middle East region - but that it is giving away few other details.
Such a strategy could parallel that of Sharjah-based low-cost carrier Air Arabia, which has expanded into Morocco and Egypt through airline and travel company joint ventures.
Jazeera also expects the Sahaab agreement - which will be completed by the end of March - to give it access to leasing markets worldwide, as well as a "predictable" revenue stream. For the first quarter of 2010, Jazeera expects Sahaab to contribute KD1.2 million ($4.1 million).
The airline will be "even more strongly capitalised to pursue its strategic ambitions", adds chairman Marwan Boodai.
Sahaab will have at least 38 A320s by 2016, as a result of Jazeera's total order for 40 of the type.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Any thoughts on who it might be? Sama perhaps? :}

Dustwing
23rd Apr 2010, 16:28
For sure, it can be a coke too!! Take care, and let's see if desertopsguy is right but, i don't think so.... how can a Kuwaiti company to buy a saudi company? is it allowed by saudi rules? hard to guess mr.

br,

Duster

Firestorm
25th Apr 2010, 12:12
a320t: PMSL, ROFL! It took them 3 1/2 months to phone us up, and tell us that there might be a course in May, and that was only a week ago. Give them time to get over that task before they over exert themselves by sending out a contract, and joining details!

Firestorm
27th Apr 2010, 16:42
Can anyone tell me roughly how much an apartment would cost in Jeddah? Does the Sama housing allowance cover it? I have been offered a 60/30 contract (ie lowest rate of pay and allowance, and no pay during the 30 off).

Approximately how many days do you fly a month, how many hours do you fly a month, and how many night stops do you do a month (I realise that nightstops are not part of the low cost modle, and don't seem to appear on the schedule, but they are mentioned in the contract).

mutt
28th Apr 2010, 03:34
Firestorm,

Between 15,000 and 250,000........ :):)

I would guess that you would be looking at around 40,000 for a single room apartment in the Saudia housing compound, or about 80-100,000 for the same in some of the Arabian Homes compounds.

Good Luck.

Mutt

Zohebgay
28th Apr 2010, 14:00
Firestorm,

Hello! It depends on your standards.If you don`t care to live in a good and safe place,clean and close to malls and restaurants than you can try to find a single accomodation paying around U$1,800p/m but you should pay 1 year in advance. If you are looking for a good place with security guards(Saudi Army use to provide this service) then you have try the compounds.In that case you are going to pay around U$ 2,600p/m(1year advanced).Ask other pilots to help you because Sama will not give any kind of assistence on this matter.
Regarding the flying hours we use to fly avarage 60 hs p/m with 8 days off that means 24h off starting from shocks on(the rubber thing they put on the a/c tyres ). Rest period is from shocks on to shocks off(the rubber thing they put on the a/c tyres) and sign on is 1h30m before take-off. We have lots of reserves and you have to wake up at 3am to advise crew control you are reserving and your mobile is on,hahaha.Its not a joke!!!
Welcome to paradise and Good luck!!

bomos
28th Apr 2010, 14:51
good one.... All true!
Normal procedure to pay rent for a year in advance in saudi arabia.

B. R.

Bomos

Firestorm
28th Apr 2010, 16:43
1:30 before departure? What do you do in that time? My last airline we had 45 minutes!

At those prices I'll be sleeping on the floor in the terminal not renting an apartment: $2000 a month is almost all the basic salary. Where I'm going to find $24k I don't know! :ugh:

bomos
28th Apr 2010, 20:10
hey Fire...

there are other options but not in compounds, you can find a better deal, but very, very hard to get. Anyway you have a probation period with hotel during the first time here, a month, take a look and realize if it is possible or not.... I don't know but looks like you are invited as a first officer, usually colleagues here try to support each other, roll the dices.

regards,

Ricardo

Firestorm
28th Apr 2010, 20:25
Thanks Bomos.

We have a saying in English: A faint heart never f*&ked a fat bird. Maybe one of the other pilots can help you translate it to Portuguese, but it means "be brave"!

The only thing I want to avoid is getting into debt.

arba
29th Apr 2010, 03:58
@zoheb,

what a dirty mouth you have man !

and another thing, the rubber thing they put on the a/c tyres is called CHOCKs ... NOT shocks !

(are you with an airline?)

arba
29th Apr 2010, 04:11
zohebgay wrote:
1)"Stop bar" position was changed a month before.
2)Taxi light reported very poor.
3)red lights were off(why?).
4)taxi clearence was taxi via A"turn left"on D and hold short(stop bar is on A).
5)TWR in doubt ask SMY passed or not(?)
6)SMY in doubt said yes for safe.
7)TWR said traffic on final to GA.
8)TWR said ASR would be filled & clear SMY to TO.
9)SMY filled a ASR.
10)So far no ASR filled by SJH TWR.
11)Cockpit crew very happy and cool
How was the meeting?Did you like the new contract?I didn`t. I like you.Bye!

... (stop bar is on A) .. do you really think I don't know SHJ ?

bigmisterno
29th Apr 2010, 07:33
I will be in the same situation of Firestorm, i have got a job offer(F/O) 61/30 and probably starting in mid may. if there is anybody that can send info on jeddah housing and any other helpul information is very much appreciated.
Thank you all anyway (at least for having read this post to the end....:))
Big.

bomos
29th Apr 2010, 10:26
” um coração fraco não pode comer uma galinha gorda!!!”
Regarding housing... Your gs will be in bahrain probably, during that time you will be able to contact more pilots from the company, if you want pm me and i will give u my email or skypeto chat and help as much as possible. About the new contract offered to you guys, not even one pilot agrees with it. We have been strieving to enhance the conditions but unfortunately nobody listen and things got a little bit rougher.
You will need more support from the company in jeddah in order to manage your start. Expect respect and support from pilots here and total cooperation, but really... Be brave. My name is ricardo moraes and i am working as pic here. Take care gents.

mutt
29th Apr 2010, 14:29
I'm curious, are SAMA issuing IGAMA's to their crew?

If not, how can you rent anything?

Mutt

bomos
4th May 2010, 19:59
really, a good question.

Regards,

Ricardo

Keep walking
5th May 2010, 05:00
:oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh:

bitruff
5th May 2010, 10:37
There are compounds and hotels in Jeddah that will accept long term renters without Iqamas. They will however need a letter from the employer and a visa of some sort (visit/work/business) plus 6 or 12 months rent in advance plus a security deposit. Most of the established and secure housing compounds will require the Iqama and the contract to be signed by the employer
The "normal" requirement is the Iqama. Life without it here is just a constant hassle and costs more. No bank account, no driver's licence and you can only rent a car (approx 2000SAR a month). Make sure you have an International Driver's Licence!!
If/when you make it to Jeddah there will be guys to walk you through the problems.
Good luck.

Firestorm
5th May 2010, 17:01
Hold on: I'll just put my pants outside my trousers, and I'll be over to save you all in a jiffy! :ok:

Malcontento'
7th May 2010, 03:56
Hello, please join Sama now so I can take my annual leave. I have had it planned for some six months now and was just told that I now cannot go. I am sure that my family will understand and be happy to stay here for several more months without a break. A total of two captains can take their vacations over the the next two months. I promise that you are going to love it here!

"Dear All Crew members
As you all know the continuous resignations we received suddenly those days specially FOs is very high and we are to the minimums requirements to cover the operation rosters so from this view i apologize for any inconvenience to this matter & to announce that all vacation to FOs will be cancel for month of JUN & JUL 2010 and if there is any possibility for any open Slot will be control by the seniority. Strongly appreciated yours understand the situation we facing and to keep our aircraft rolling and flying to serve our customers and all of you are part of the SAMA organization and without yours support we cannot move forward so we need yours support especially In the coming summers, we have new class will start Very soon will give us relief. For the captain position will planning to give vacation for two position in month of JUN & JUL 2010 . This is base on the present situation if any change came the plan will be change as well. Thanks for yours understand & support .

Abdulkader H Alsowayigh
Chief Pilot SAMA Airline
mo+966564088114
of+96612034405
[email protected]"

I wonder what the reason could be why every single person who has the skills to find a job elsewhere is leaving this company with immediate effect... Exodus, movement of the pilots. Oh Yeah

Firestorm
8th May 2010, 14:23
Well Fellahs. I have finally made my decision which is not to join Sama mostly because of the dreadful salary (on the 60/30 contract the annual salary was about 50% of the full time salary, and equated to doing 8 months work for 6 months pay). Thanks to all of you have given some very sound, and honest advice about the company, but after considering all the evidence my instinct is to stay well away for the time being.

I hope you all have a good season, and the ban on leave doesn't actually happen. You all seem to be really decent folk, and I think it would have been fun to work with you, but the contract, and the terms and conditions were not worth the hassle that I can see the management would be.

Desert_Highlander
8th May 2010, 17:54
Dear Firestorm,

For us is really sad news to know you are not joining SAMA specially because now we are stuck with no vacations because of the alleged shortage of pilots, mainly first officers, but I cannot deny that you have made the right choice. This new contract is bad joke and believe it or not the upper management considers it as one of the best in the region. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Good luck for you.
And for us who will remain in SAMA, lets hope some light come to this narrow minds and they start doing something to put SAMA in the right track. (If this is possible).
Regards,
Desert_Highlander.

Dustwing
10th May 2010, 15:13
Firestorm,

you are just 110% right about your post, the new contract is a shame, this management thinks every single pilot is a monkey and ready to accept their lies and misconduct. You were not going to be paid enough to have a life here or elsewhere, and vacations were cut in half.
Very good decision you took, congratulations for the clarity you had in your thoughts about this company.
They are desperate for pilots because they are unable and unreliable to keep the ones they had and the ones they still have here, and all remaining ones are looking for some other place to go working.

Piracy in the air and it never ends.

Take care and safe flying.

Duster

mutt
11th May 2010, 00:53
Anyone care to tell us what this new package is?

Mutt

Keep walking
11th May 2010, 03:08
:oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh::oh:

Desert_Highlander
23rd May 2010, 10:12
Does anyone know something about the new group of pilots?
How many?
When are they coming?
And specially did they receive the contract they are coming to?

ShinjukuHustler
24th May 2010, 05:54
Seems alot of ex Sama crew are turning up in Fly-DXB...A surprise awaits :}

Dustwing
30th May 2010, 21:51
more pilots will move to flydubai and many other companies, just for a simple mistake sama insists in doing, no respect for anyone; salaries are delayed again. HR is the biggest disaster in this company with second or third class managers on key positions. surprises? only a fortune teller to say something like that; join and enjoy as you like mr shinishtruh.:ugh:

Leviathan kraken
24th Jul 2010, 13:42
Well I'm not sure but rent some thing in KSA without all papers from your sponsors will be quite impossible , and don't wait company will help you .

They loose a lot of money doing :mad: and try to pretending be a low cost company using evil intentions against crew.
My best advice is try something more professional in aviation .Sponsor MUST be a sponsor otherwise you will be in trouble .

Malcontento'
15th Aug 2010, 07:40
There are two big problems with the management at Sama and they are both American. Neither of them are good enough at their jobs to be employed in their home country, so they go to the worst place in the world because they think that they will not be detected as the frauds that they really are. Lying and cheating are all that they know to cover up their inadequacies and they are being well paid to do it. Let's see how many people they have to manage by the end of this summer.. I am sure that you would go home if you could Jims Gibs. Doing the things that you do on a daily baisis because you are so desperate for a job does not justify your behavior. The sky is starting to fall now and we all know that it was you and your CEO buddey who caused it to happen. :=

Malcontento'
22nd Aug 2010, 13:49
Oh wait, I guess that my crystal ball was running a bit slow. The sky has now officially fallen a bit sooner than I forecast. My sympathies to all those who stuck it out in hopes of upgrading, and all those who kept this POS airline running for three years. The tradgedy is for you and all of your families who are now stuck in Saudi and Bahrain who will undoutedly bear the full expense of moving back to your home countries and starting the process of finding yet another job. Bruce Ashby and Jim Gibbs were an icredible team and were able to put the final nail in the coffin in record time. Mabrook! Mabrook!!

Uncle Wiggily
22nd Aug 2010, 16:22
did this airline go out of business? Some rep from Sama, called me last month requesting that I go for an interview!?!?

What's up?

Up & Down
22nd Aug 2010, 16:26
Dear colleagues,
I would like to know if anyone knows if Sama is going to cancel operations due to bankruptcy.
The thing is that next weekend I had an assestment for them in Prague.
I had everything arranged but I supposed that I have to come back fishing again.

If this is true, I want to say sorry for everyone who may be deeply involved on this matter and I wish good luck and the best to everyone.

Thanks a lot for any help.

ironbutt57
22nd Aug 2010, 18:47
Think this might shed some light
Saudi Sama airline to stop services after $266m loss - Emirates24|7 (http://www7.landings.com/v9/nsx/i101-1677648.html)

KRUGERFLAP
22nd Aug 2010, 23:49
Zefinit T T T T T T T T Tt

Angry Flyer
23rd Aug 2010, 01:09
Next to fold is Jazeera Airways, it's just a matter of time, in this part of the world where spoiled boys can play with Dads millions without any regard to the thousands of employees loosing jobs overnight.
Since living here this is my motto:
“Always expect the unexpected & assume the worst”
:{:{:{:{:{:{:{

bitruff
23rd Aug 2010, 01:26
This COULD have been a hellava good airline!!
Good luck to all the excellent crews.
RIP

ShinjukuHustler
23rd Aug 2010, 03:54
Agree with Angry Flyer, Jazeera could be next for the chopping block, rumoured to be largely in part to a poor choice of CEO early last year.
Wasnt he the same one Sama had?

Also NAS based in OERK. They are reported to be having serious financial difficulties and it is unlikely that Sama's demise will benefit them now as they are too far gone.

Anyone from NAS care to comment?

Good luck to all caught up in this.

mutt
23rd Aug 2010, 07:16
Given SAMA will stop flying shorty....its time NAS steps up to the plate NOW No its not....... its time for NAS to completely ignore SAMA's route structure with the exception of the trunk routes, the northern route structure isnt going to make anyone money........ and to think that getting rid of the E190 within NAS is a good idea is also incorrect due to the route structure of the government routes......

Mutt

les miserable.
23rd Aug 2010, 07:49
hi

the latest is
no more flight from tonight !!

i am NOT feeling sorry for the guys, because they WILL find a beter palce and that is guaranteed !!

:cool:

surfer of desert
23rd Aug 2010, 09:36
Saudi Sama airline to stop services after $266m loss

by Bloomberg ([email protected]?subject=ArabianBusiness.com: Saudi Sama airline to stop services after $266m loss) This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it on Sunday, 22 August 2010
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/images/magazines//web/runway_thumb.jpg SAUDI SAMA: Sama, which started in 2007, operated six Boeing 737-300s. (Getty Images)

Sama, one of two low-cost airlines Saudi Arabia, plans to stop its services from Sunday, a spokesman for the country’s civil aviation regulator said.

The General Authority of Civil Aviation has been informed by Sama of its plan, Khalid Al Khaybari said in phone interview on Sunday.

The decision was taken after the airline recorded a loss of SR1bn ($266m), said a board member, who declined to be identified as the company hasn’t made any official announcement.

Related: Top 10 Middle East Airfreight Hubs 2010 (javascript:void(0);)

Angry Flyer
25th Aug 2010, 13:34
As expected in my earlier post:
"In an announcement to Kuwait stock exchange Jazeera Airways dropped its capital increase today", its going to join Sama airlines bankruptcy fate :D.

Dustwing
25th Aug 2010, 22:41
SAMA was a challenge for a few years, crews flying old and not well taken care airplanes, and there was no incidents nor accidents. Crews were mixed from many countries and a great airmanship in the flight deck, resulting in excellent CRM.
Stopping operation is still a game to get money, but crews are already lined up for other carriers in the region and far east, it will not take time to disappear from KSA. Good not to have to live under such bad managers anymore, the last ones were zeros on the left with a chief pilot that does not know anything about aviation, or the airplane, nor safety. Anyhow, as somebody mention before, we feel great to leave, fulfilling a job well done in such poor conditions and, in a big market, but with bended rules. The people in Saudi was really nice and it was a privilege to serve them.

D

mutt
26th Aug 2010, 05:36
Stopping operation is still a game to get money I have to agree with this considering that they are about to enter one of the busiest times of the year, one would think they would reap the rewards of this season and then go bust........

Or is this just a way of forcing the governments hand :=

I'm still amazed that they lost $250 million plus $200 million of investors money with only 6 aircraft.

Mutt

Dustwing
26th Aug 2010, 08:57
"I'm still amazed that they lost $250 million plus $200 million of investors money with only 6 aircraft."

I believe the money was not lost, but redirected somewhere, if you look deeper, may be you will find out.

D

Firestorm
26th Aug 2010, 11:14
It's bad news for all the crews involved. Thanks to all of you who helped me decide not to join you a few months ago! I hope you all find something else (and something better hopefully) soon.

xlgirl
30th Aug 2010, 13:16
The CEO of Sama was asked who he would recommend as good employees when Nas were with him yesterday, his response was "no one".
This is the same CEO who blames everyone for everything and nothing is his fault. A true leader, who failed the airline, investors and staff, with his old retired buddy. Time for auditors to look hard at where the money went.
How much did the CEO earn and that of his buddy.
I am not there, I feel for the guys who had to endure the failed senior management and wish them the best.

Dustwing
30th Aug 2010, 19:08
CEO was a disaster, before looking were the money went, they need to pay their employees, until now looks like they don't want to pay at all.
KSA uses to protect their citizens and expats working there according to the Saudi labor law?
:=

Sandyinmyshoes
31st Aug 2010, 06:25
I know some people still working there, there are some good guys and for the CEO to say that is a real shame. He either didnt know his employees or just didnt care. In fact there were some in the company's dmm base who didnt even know what he looked like!...he never came there or communicated.

There is money coming from somewhere and according to my contacts in the region, charter flights are being hastily arranged to take care of travellers who already had bookings and many of whom are causing a stir at both domestic and international airports which is in turn putting diplomatic pressure on the sauds. I wonder who is paying for that?

I dont entirely agree with all the blame being placed on this ceo however. He walked into a total catastrophe left by the previous ceo who after being fired from sama then went to jazeera in kuw only to be fired again after a few months.

A lot of rumour surrounding this company and how it has ceased operations, most of it centred on how there are plans to restart.

SIMS

les miserable.
31st Aug 2010, 22:41
I wonder who is paying for that?

^

GACA has payed that much.

Dustwing
2nd Sep 2010, 14:52
Yes, there are plans to restart, the CEO stated this on his email: "we are facing a long-term reorganization."

They will bring airbuses and different contracts, less money and benefits, i wonder who is gonna fly for them; specially because they are not planning to honor and pay the contractual terms. Situation which is because this was not an ordinary company, it belongs to the royal line. CEO was a disaster because of his behavior, the "quiet man", usual silence from him in everything. Many complaints about fare caps and the cheapest fuel in the world, but the company was flying only to international destinations for 3 years, without any reserve on those ticket prices; so, i guess he is the one to be blamed with his previous colleague.

They have to find excuses for their own mess, HR was the worse thing in Sama, **** heads.

D:ok:

les miserable.
3rd Sep 2010, 01:47
D, a big question arises now, are they gonna to change there behavior, style of management , etc ?

this is it.

les mis :ok:

desertopsguy
3rd Sep 2010, 06:31
Restarting, if it happens, will not happen quickly. The equipment is gone, the pilots, for the most part, are well on their way to securing other employment and the rest of the staff are trying to follow suit.

Manuals, training programs and documentation are all for 737 classic, to change those around to accommodate A320's (the rumoured aircraft choice before this all happened) would take several months of planning.

There is also the issue of branding, the travelling public will not quickly forget the Sama name and a complete rebranding would be a much smarter thing to do than try to resurrect the old name which took a beating over the years anyway.

The AOC is supposedly being kept open with a view to this restart, time will tell.

D.O.G

les miserable.
2nd Oct 2010, 21:35
any news about sama ? :*

Dustwing
25th Oct 2010, 16:57
The news are:

Prince Bandar bin Khalid al Faisal (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prince_Bandar_bin_Khalid_al_Faisal&action=edit&redlink=1) and the former CEO Mr. Bruce Ashby, and the other 30 major Saudi private and institutional investors including Olayan Financial Co (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Olayan_Financial_Co&action=edit&redlink=1), Xenel Industries Ltd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenel), Saudi Industrial Services Co (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Saudi_Industrial_Services_Co&action=edit&redlink=1), Sara Development Company Ltd (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sara_Development_Company_Ltd&action=edit&redlink=1) and Modern Investment Company for Trade and Industries, are owing a small fortune to all their former SAMA employees, and looks like Saudi Arabia as a country itself, doesn't bother to have a royal family company cheating more than 600 employees from a variety of diferent nationalities including Saudis, not paying anybody; be careful when thinking about going to work there.
Until now, they are refusing to pay their obligations.

D