PDA

View Full Version : ::Help:: BAE Systems ATCO Aptitude Testings

DeanCross
3rd Apr 2006, 14:08
Does anyone have any information on what the BAE Systems (Dundridge) ATCO aptitude tests consist of.

Any information or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

DCS

Speedbird1T
3rd Apr 2006, 15:01
Hi Deancross

I believe the following are covered :

Clock codes
Flight strips
Met
Aircraft identification
R/T incl. the Phonetic alphabet
Simulated Aerodrome control
Simulated approach control
Time / Distance calculations
Range and bearing perception

Hope this helps

BAW1T

Dizzee Rascal
3rd Apr 2006, 20:32
I know someone who has just done the tests at Dundridge and I think what BAW1T says is more or less what 'my mate did'! I think he also had to do a bit or Radar (even though we don't have Radar at our unit) although not very much. You get told exactly what you will be doing, the lectures are very thorough and above all, enjoyable!

Good Luck. I've done the odd course (3 of them to be precise) at Dundridge and enjoyed all of them! They're all a great bunch.

DR

Edited to remove a couple of names, I've been warned by a mod not to name names! :-)

coolbeans
3rd Apr 2006, 22:14
Speedbirds pretty much right, cant remember the Aircraft ID bit though. It was a whole year ago. Its all good fun, 'specialy the simulater stuff good luck!
:cool:
Ps Dizzy, did you get the whole date in cardiff sorted out? You know the one you got set up on during your Aerodrome course
Bloody Youth ;)

Dizzee Rascal
4th Apr 2006, 01:03
Ps Dizzy, did you get the whole date in cardiff sorted out? You know the one you got set up on during your Aerodrome course
haha! You mean my little visit to see some idiot in a wig all because my car had a sudden power surge and thought it was a Ferrari! Well yes, I got it sorted, I got a mate to go on my behalf! He tells me there weren't anyone in the viewing gallery, where were you all??!!

Which leaves me wondering...... who are you coolbeans??

Bloody Youth

Well, this originated from one of those old boys on my APP course but I've read your previous posts and you don't appear to be either of those therefore, I can only guess it's YOU (not allowed to say names here!). I seem to remember you getting "pure drunk" on Glayva in my room with Alpha16, come to think of it; I have a video of you both a bit tipsy!

Maybe we should continue this via PM!

Speedbird1T
4th Apr 2006, 07:17
Hi Coolbeans / Dizzee Rascal

Although I haven't attended the testing yet, I'm told the aircraft ID is aircraft recognition. I guess a few hours spent studying www.airliners.net will help.

One question for someone who has sat the testing, are the tests interview based or multiple choice papers, or a mixture of both ?

BAW1T

coolbeans
4th Apr 2006, 08:15
As I remember you get set down in a class room with a power point presentation then the majority of the questions get shown up on screen, they dont expect screeds of info just short or one word answers. Then its lunch followed by some mucking around on the sims (which is pretty fun, just like an xbox). At least thats what it was like last year

Best luck