PDA

View Full Version : First timer

sha-d
30th Mar 2006, 15:42
Hello everyone.

The name is sha-d :sad: . I'm leaving the car scene and entering the air scene. I'm hoping to start my private pilot course at the end of the summer. I need suggestions of any aviation schools around here, Ottawa. I know of one, Ottawa Flying Club..? How are they?

Please, ANY info will help.

Thanks

betaboy
1st Apr 2006, 03:04
In my very, very humble opinion, frankly, I'd stay away. The "club" is a club, that caters primarily to club members, meaning, old farts with planes. I started there, a long, long time ago, and eventually switched to a "school" in Calgary, that I though had a much more professional environment, and one that catered to students. I would say the the club is probably a great place to be if you don't want to go beyond private pilot. However, if you want to eventually fly other people's jets, try somewhere else. I've heard a few good things about:

http://www.ottawaflighttraining.com/

I also know of a few people at OFC being milked for hours prior to first solo. Of course, things may have changed there, and this is of course just one anonymous persons' opinions on the internet!

mckrll
17th Apr 2006, 14:15
I'd check out Rockliffe. They have a website at <www.rfc.ca>
Andrew

mckrll
22nd Apr 2006, 19:28
I would think that Moncton - though an excellent FTO - may be a little far from Ottawa?