PDA

View Full Version : Jet Experience

R.Cruizo
30th Mar 2006, 08:43
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if someone could suggest any Airlines in Asia that will look at applicants without Jet Experience/ type rating. I have some EFIS turboprop experience but I'm finding that " final" step onto a jet elusive so far.

Any ideas appreciated

Cheers
RC

Air Polygamy
30th Mar 2006, 09:50
Cahay pacific does S/o req's 1000 hrs go to their website

Left Wing
30th Mar 2006, 14:03
1000 is only on paper, to get a SO job ..its more like 3000 hrs with 1000 on small jets or turbo props

R.Cruizo
30th Mar 2006, 23:34
Thanks AP & LW,
I've already done the CX thing and missed out ( Sadly). I've around 5700 hrsTT and 5300 Turbo-prop ( 1/2 Command 1/2 F/O)

I've applied to a few operators, they all want Jet experience, But you can't get jet hours without flying one.

RC

Air Polygamy
31st Mar 2006, 20:28
Why don't you try Qatar Airways? I know this colleague of mine (well I haven't jeard from him fora long time now) who got hired by them with something around 2000 hrs ATR 42. You asked about Asia, I know I just gave you this info just for the heck of it. He did it, why not you?

R.Cruizo
1st Apr 2006, 00:31
Thanks Air Poly'
I'll check it out now, I have Brasilia & Dash 8.

Fingers crossed!!

RC

on_the_right
1st Apr 2006, 02:15
SIA is ur option in asia to get a jet job.
but then, be prepared to spend about 6 months or so before u start ur fleet type rating. maybe some SIA/cargo people can give more useful information.

R.Cruizo
1st Apr 2006, 05:01
Thanks OTR,
I've heard SIA Cargo are getting short of drivers, I've checked their website and there still asking for 2500 hrs jet.

Any clues whether they've looked at Turbo -prop guys yet, anyone?

Air Polygamy
1st Apr 2006, 14:18
Look my man,

Send the applicaiton anyway. I they're short of pilots and your application lands on their desk at that moment, they'll call you. I'm no expert but if I had your experience I'd send letters, email, call and do it over again until they "yes" or "stop annoying us".

It shounds hard headed but if these guyz need pilots...they won't blcok their doors. One never knows.

Best wishes:ok:

huckleberry58
1st Apr 2006, 19:06
It's a long shot but no harm trying dude.

on_the_right
2nd Apr 2006, 01:59
well, sure they are asking for that experience. thats for direct entry F/O. what you might really get is the "cadet scheme", skipping certain stages of training which an ab-initio cadet goes through. might take about 1.5 years till you are released as an F/O on the B744 (wow). hope this helps.
cheers

R.Cruizo
2nd Apr 2006, 05:26
Thanks Guys,
All advice and suggestions taken on board.

crossed fingers

Cheers
RC