PDA

View Full Version : Ministers Media Release;Aviation Security Identification Card

Woomera
28th Mar 2006, 07:43
Warren Truss
Minister for Transport and Regional Services
Deputy Leader of The Nationals
M E D I A R E L E A S E
Tim Langmead - Media Adviser 02 6277 7680 0418 221 433 [email protected] www.ministers.dotars.gov.au Securing Australia’s Transport Future Media contact: 02 6277 7680 0417 749 711 [email protected] www.ministers.dotars.gov.au DOTARS06/036WT 28 March 2006

Aviation Security Identification Card distribution on track
The Australian Government Minister for Transport and Regional Services, Warren Truss, today said that pilots who had applied to the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) before 31 December 2005 for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC), and have been found eligible, can expect to receive their new card before the end of March.

Mr Truss said it is expected that by the end of this week over 10,000 ASIC cards will have been distributed to pilots by CASA.

“The background checking of these 10,000 pilots has been a massive undertaking whichhas involved CASA, the Australian Federal Police, ASIO, the Department of Immigration and my Department,” Mr Truss said. “Other pilots will have ASICs that have been issued by other agencies.”

Mr Truss said CASA was now focused on following up those pilots who had provided incomplete applications. Further background checking of some other applicants is also continuing.

“In this kind of massive security exercise the integrity of personal identification documents which are used as the basis for background checking is vital,” he said. “We simply can not accept a lesser standard of application, nor fail to follow up possible security issues, otherwise we risk undermining the integrity of the entire system. CASA continues to work with pilots to resolve outstanding issues with their applications,” he said.

Mr Truss said it was also of concern that some pilots had not submitted applications at all.

"I remind pilots who require an ASIC and have not applied that they may face a penalty of $550 for each failure to display an ASIC at a security regulated airport. After 31 March 2006, all persons are required to display an ASIC when in the secure area of an airport that has regular public transport services,” Mr Truss said.

Mr Truss said that from 1 April 2006 Transport Security Inspectors will be routinely checking that pilots have their ASICs.

“If a pilot has applied by the 31 December deadline and is eligible to be issued with an ASIC, but due to exceptional circumstances has not received a card, the pilot will receive fair treatment,” Mr Truss said.

Since 1 July 2005 over 72,000 background checks have been processed for participants in the aviation industry. Mr Truss said significant improvements had been made to ASIC processing systems over recent months and cards were now being issued faster than ever before.

“CASA has dedicated additional resources and had been working closely with the security checking agencies to improve the pilot ASIC processing systems,” he said.

Media release from the Hon Warren Truss MP - Minister for Transport and Regional Services Page 2

Mr Truss said pilots who have not yet applied for an ASIC can now make an application through the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). To find out more details about applying for an ASIC, call 1300 737 032 or log on to the CASA website, www.casa.gov.au.

An ASIC indicates that the holder has been background checked and is eligible to enter a secure area of an airport. The holder of an ASIC does not have an automatic right to access such areas. Access to the secure area of an airport remains at the discretion of the airport operator in accordance with the airport's transport security program. ENDS

Bob Murphie
28th Mar 2006, 08:33
Woomera;

Perhaps you can ask Minister Truss to define a "secure area" of a "security regulated airport"

"After 31 March 2006, all persons are required to display an ASIC when in the secure area of an airport that has regular public transport services,” Mr Truss said".

There were posts elsewhere where it was said one could not even go flying without an ASIC. The way I read it a can of yellow paint and a 6" paintbrush would have saved heaps for a lot of people including me, who doesn't have an immediate need for one, nor has, or want's to have, any business in the secure area of my RPT airport, whatever that may be.

Mr Porter
28th Mar 2006, 10:15
Hi all

At last (cutting it very fine to the cut off date) CASA have finally got their act together. I received my ASIC today and I’ve been hearing many others in the Sydney area have also.
Just a query! I have received my ASIC today and paid my fees for a card that is valid for 2 years before paying again to renew again. One would think that it should say March or April 2008 on the card. On my card it sais August 2007 which really means I have been ripped off 7 months. I didn’t even apply for one until the 26th of December 2005. Is it my fault that CASA have been delayed and so backdated the dates on the cards? Are other cards out there in the same situation as me or is my situation unique? Normally I’m not one to moan and complain but this whole ASIC shi*t has pis*sed me off enough and now I’m sick of these people that have created this drama now trying to rip us off

I don’t know how much the ASIC renewal will be every 2 years but lets say it will be $110 for argument sake. This means every month our ASIC will be worth $4.60. Multiply that amount by the amount of months being ripped off (7) and that equals $32.20. Multiply that amount by the some 15,000 registered pilots requiring ASICs (correct me on that figure if I am wrong) and we have almost half a million dollars in CASA'S pocket! Almost $500 000!!!
You tell me...... Is this a genuine mistake or is this yet again another one of CASAs money hungry schemes to f*uck us all over? :yuk:

Cheers......porter

OZBUSDRIVER
28th Mar 2006, 10:58
Just for clarity of reporting, my ASIC is MAR08. Applied Dec05. So would be interested to see what majority of punters have as expiry dates as opposed to application dates.

bollix69
28th Mar 2006, 11:37
“If a pilot has applied by the 31 December deadline and is eligible to be issued with an ASIC, but due to exceptional circumstances has not received a card, the pilot will receive fair treatment,”
Does anyone know what 'fair treatment' will involve??:confused: :confused:

dangodz
28th Mar 2006, 11:48
I think it was posted in another thread about asic's, that casa were staggering the expiry dates to ensure that the system doesnt bottle neck again in two years time (makes sense) when everyone applies for them again. Understandably some people wont get a full two years this time, but i'd imagine it would be a once off thing.

UnderneathTheRadar
28th Mar 2006, 12:00
I think it was posted in another thread about asic's, that casa were staggering the expiry dates to ensure that the system doesnt bottle neck again in two years time (makes sense) when everyone applies for them again. Understandably some people wont get a full two years this time, but i'd imagine it would be a once off thing.

So why not give 2 years and 6 months instead of 18 and have a lot happier customers (given that under full cost recovery thats what we are!).

Sunfish
28th Mar 2006, 18:13
I think you can expect CASA has a plan to either adjust what you pay next time for your ASIC or "credit" you with a few extra months.

I'm sure they are aware of the existence of the Commonwealth Auditor General.:}

chimbu warrior
28th Mar 2006, 20:13
I find most things about CASA staggering these days!

Lodown
28th Mar 2006, 20:24
Sunfish, putting "CASA" and "plan" together in the same sentence is like using "military intelligence", an "honest politician" or "the honourable member for...". You're giving CASA way too much "credit".

I have no doubt they were told to just do it and they're working it out as they go with the plan coming well behind the implementation.

djpil
28th Mar 2006, 20:57
Mr Truss said it was also of concern that some pilots had not submitted applications at all
I don't know why he's surprised at that - from the CASA website:
You need a valid ASIC if you need frequent access to a secure area of a security controlled airport that has Regular Public Transport (RPT) operations.
If you don't need frequent access then, from the DOTAR's website, http://www.dotars.gov.au/transsec/aviation/fact13.aspx, you can get a VIC - visitor identification card, supervised access.

Finally, Holding an ASIC card does not give you a general right of entry into the secure areas of airports. You can only be in a secure area if you have a work-related reason to be there. Very few private pilots would have a work-related reason so what's the use in getting an ASIC?

Altimeters
28th Mar 2006, 21:52
Does anyone know the number for Qantas licencing?

I asked a lady from CLARC and she said that it should be here to me already. :mad: Anyway gave me some number but it was not Qantas' number.

tealady
29th Mar 2006, 02:01
What do you do if you have been working at a country airfield with no requirement for an ASIC prior to end Feb 2006 and land a job at an airport that you need an asic for? Does this mean you can not start your new job until you are issued with an asic? Is part of applying for a position now to include holding an asic? How long wo0uld you have to wait for the asic to appear? .........just wondering.........

cirrus32
29th Mar 2006, 02:16
So, has anyone got a definition of what "frequent access" means? If I fly from Bacchus Marsh to Mildura say three times a year do I need an ASIC or will a "VIC" do?

compressor stall
29th Mar 2006, 02:49
OK, I am the owner of an AUS ASIC through work.

I want to fly a 172 around WA on my honeymoon with the mrs to be. Can I use my AUS ASIC to get fuel in Halls Creek etc?

No Body
29th Mar 2006, 05:57
The DOTARS website has a link to the Aviation Security Regulations - a quick look through this would answer many of the questions being asked here...:sad:

Ando1Bar
29th Mar 2006, 08:16
Does anyone know the number for Qantas licencing?

I asked a lady from CLARC and she said that it should be here to me already. :mad: Anyway gave me some number but it was not Qantas' number.

I've got a number for a useless Qantas staff member who is supposed to be overseeing the licencing. However, he hasn't answered his phone during the past three weeks, nor has he returned any messages I've left for him. Time for a little payback - everyone, his number is 02 9691 1272. Hopefully he can help someone out.

Also, why's it taking so long for Qantas to print and distribute the licences?

Altimeters
29th Mar 2006, 09:06
I just want my bloody ASIC! :{

compressor stall
29th Mar 2006, 10:41
The DOTARS website has a link to the Aviation Security Regulations - a quick look through this would answer many of the questions being asked here...:sad:

I have had a read through the Aviation Transport Security Regulations (http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrumentCompilation1.nsf/0/7348A2876B188545CA25712C00066AA9/$file/AviaTranSecReg2005.pdf) and I cannot find anything that deals with use of a work issued ASIC for private flying.

A fact sheet (exactly what is says, and that is not law) states: Holding an ASIC card does not give you a general right of entry into the secure areas of airports. You can only be in a secure area if you have a work-related reason to be there.

That still does not answer the question entirely.

What happens when I turn up at Halls Creek 90 mins before the RPT service arrives and want to go to and from the "terminal", possibly with shopping including bottles of wine and a replacement corkscrew for the one that broke in our esky in the back?

dude65
29th Mar 2006, 10:56
Tonight I got the call from CASA informing me that my ASIC is at the Group 4 office at the Qantas domestic terminal.I've had to dig into the coin jar for the parking, so hopefully all goes well.

Woomera
29th Mar 2006, 23:51
If you are in Western Australia and you have not yet recieved your ASIC AND have NOT yet recieved a call from the Perth CASA office regarding delivery, I suggest you call them as they will have been trying to call you.

low_flyer
30th Mar 2006, 00:25
Woomera,

Followed your tip, Perth office palmed me back to CLARC. I dont think I'll bother calling them.

Compressor Stall,

Your cork screw, etc should be fine as Halls Creek does not have a "screened air service" or sterile area. At this stage only jet services are sceened although all security controlled airports have received training in wand waving to initiate screening at any stage.

As for your work ASIC for private purposes - I always thought of the ASIC as proof you have been background checked only - proof of right to access is a different matter.

Although I can see where the confusion comes from as when you apply for an ASIC you have to give (sometimes lengthy) reasons for your requirement for an ASIC - so it blurs the line a little, doesn't it?

I guess the big question is why are spending any more time in Hells Crack than you absolutely have to?

compressor stall
30th Mar 2006, 01:01
low flyer - yes the line is blurred. Is possession of keys to the Cessna on the tarmac enough proof of access to be wearing my ASIC card?

I can just image some over ethusiastic security person confiscating my ASIC card as I am not using it for work. I don't have an AVID nor photo licence yet either. I guess I could say that I am getting current of bush flying techniques for work purposes!

It will be interesting to head back to the crack (for fuel, and maybe a toasted ham cheese tomato sandwich from the Shell Roadhouse) after 6 years. I miss flying around the north!

gaunty
30th Mar 2006, 03:36
I'm sure there will be more argy bargy before the fat lady sings. however here is a CASA URL FYI on ASIC V AVID.

http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/licence/questions.htm

RV6
30th Mar 2006, 04:23
Following Gaunty's link led me to this info on another page:
You have a photo-licence, including AVID, issued after 10 March 2005
These Photo IDs include the words ''Aviation Identification". No action required unless you wish to apply for an ASIC. A new security check will not be required but your security check report will be reassessed. The ASIC will be issued for a two year period from the date the last background check was conducted. You can apply to CASA for an ASIC using the application form 639.
http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/licence/index.htm
Does this shed some light on the reason for the varying validity dates others have reported?
Still don't have mine - tried ringing CLARC but get a recorded message sayng "All lines are busy, please try later.. click...."
Woomera I don't think Perth CASA office have been trying to call me - no hang-ups or missed calls or messages on either answering machine or mobile.

Biggles_in_Oz
30th Mar 2006, 06:18
Received a call from a CASA lass telling me that my ASIC is ready for pickup at Qantas Mascot. (applied in Dec-05)
I asked if it could be mailed to me, and the lass replied 'can do, but it'll take a week or so to redirect and send it'.
Fine says I., and because I'm still in a very foul mood about this whole so-called 'security' issue, I'm quite prepared to vent my spleen and lungs at any security goon who dares to challenge me when I land at a 'security controlled' airport without my ASIC after friday 31-Mar-06.
effing politicians and their effing games. :*

Chadzat
30th Mar 2006, 09:00
I think I ahve missed something here- but why are all the ASIC's being picked up from QANTAS?

I got "the call" today saying that I needed to pick mine up from Qantas in the ADL domestic terminal. I've only just got my CPL so I sure as heck don't work for them!

Also why is it that i have been issued with an "old style" CPL instead of a photo AVID one!? :ugh:

RV6
30th Mar 2006, 09:57
Chadzat: - CASA subcontracted Qantas to print the cards, so Qantas are distributing them.

You will not receive a photo licence and AVID because you have applied for an ASIC and that has a higher level of security screening than the AVID therefore you don't need both.

At least, that's what I understand from my reading of CASA's website - but I may just be as confused as every one else.

gaunty
30th Mar 2006, 10:08
Just in.

All of the ASICs that have been processed are either with Qantas or in the Platinum Australia Post system and should be recieved by tomorrow.

In the event that YOU do not nor have not recieved yours AND THIS IS POSSIBLE, I am advised that you should carry on AS NORMAL.

There is also a probablilty that some applications ARE being held up bthe security part of the process and that is something over which CASA nor any of the other issuers have any control.

If you need any comfort read the Ministers Statement and pay particular attention to the para.

Mr Truss said that from 1 April 2006 Transport Security Inspectors will be routinely checking that pilots have their ASICs.

“If a pilot has applied by the 31 December deadline and is eligible to be issued with an ASIC, but due to exceptional circumstances has not received a card, the pilot will receive fair treatment,” Mr Truss said.

If you are checked, that is your insurance, direct from the Minister. Period.

I have made direct enquiries to the Ministers office and I personally am satisfied in this regard.

May I suggest that you carry the acknowledgement letter or some evidence that you have applied by the above deadline so that may be noted should any action be taken.

As I have said before in this thread dont dick with the system and stay calm until we get through this very trying time for all.

The CEO Bruce Byron assured me that CASA have put in an enormous effort with now over 10,000 applications processed and that he has been monitoring the results on a daily basis. They are taking this very seriously.
He suggests that the problem for them as far as the recent sudden volume of work concerned could be likened to having to turn a corner store into a supermarket virtually overnight.

That may no consolation but neither have we had to do this in Australia before.

Stay calm keep on flying and it will be all over shortly.

I again draw your attention to the FAQ link I described above if you are still confused about AVID V ASIC.

Gyro drifter
30th Mar 2006, 13:01
Gaunty.... who are you trying to kid mate, CASA couldnt have done worse.

We always knew they are useless... so i spose it shouldnt surprise us.

Well done CASA fellas, keep the good work up and i hope you enjoy your $$$$$ bonus from ripping us pilots off.

Gyro

zepthiir
30th Mar 2006, 15:14
I would love to carry my acknowledgement letter with me gaunty, but while it seems CASA remembered to charge my credit card unfortunately they forgot to send me any acnowledgement or reply to my enquiries on their website.

But this is no surprise since I originally applied for an AVID in February and it took them until late October to send me a letter telling me a page from the application was missing and could I submit it again please.

I must say I am extremely p!$@ed off at CASA for the run around, especially considering I reapplied for the ASIC in early November and still recieved nothing but someone on this website who applied in Jan of this year has recieved theirs already.

I really wonder what will happen if I get checked by an official tomorrow, although I doubt theyll be checking for awhile since they know they've screwed up and will be wanting to save as much face as possible.

Zepth

BD1959
30th Mar 2006, 21:35
Just in.
All of the ASICs that have been processed are either with Qantas or in the Platinum Australia Post system and should be recieved by tomorrow.
In the event that YOU do not nor have not recieved yours AND THIS IS POSSIBLE, I am advised that you should carry on AS NORMAL.
Ermm.... when "normal" is that the new PPL has passed their test 8 weeks ago and CASA are holding back the issuing of the license pending ASIC, this is not possible!!

There is also a probablilty that some applications ARE being held up bthe security part of the process and that is something over which CASA nor any of the other issuers have any control.
Not necessarily true. I worked for a Govt Dept which also required AFP background checks performed (including ASIO clearance). There were strict Service Level Agreements in place whereby AFP had to turnaround the chcek within (IIRC) a month. The clearly has not been happening with ASICs. Could it be that in their haste to implement the process, someone forgot the basics of contractual agreements?

If you need any comfort read the Ministers Statement and pay particular attention to the para.
If you are checked, that is your insurance, direct from the Minister. Period.
I have made direct enquiries to the Ministers office and I personally am satisfied in this regard.
May I suggest that you carry the acknowledgement letter or some evidence that you have applied by the above deadline so that may be noted should any action be taken.

You can suggest it....but - like zeptiir - I have never received an acknowledgement letter from CASA that they received my application.

As I have said before in this thread dont dick with the system and stay calm until we get through this very trying time for all.
The CEO Bruce Byron assured me that CASA have put in an enormous effort with now over 10,000 applications processed and that he has been monitoring the results on a daily basis. They are taking this very seriously.
He suggests that the problem for them as far as the recent sudden volume of work concerned could be likened to having to turn a corner store into a supermarket virtually overnight.
That may no consolation but neither have we had to do this in Australia before.
Stay calm keep on flying and it will be all over shortly.
I again draw your attention to the FAQ link I described above if you are still confused about AVID V ASIC.
With all due respects, it appears that it is CASA which is confused. From that webpage:
Are pilots still allowed to fly without an ASIC?
Yes. Pilots only need to have submitted an application for an AVID or an ASIC to operate an aircraft.
Yet CASA will not issue a new license if the pilot HAS submitted an application. as explained before: where the new license is a transition from GFPT to PPL this in effect means that CASA are not allowing newly qualified pilots to fly.
It continues to be very, very frustrating.
BD

deckchair
30th Mar 2006, 21:43
And with all this stuffing around and lengthy delay anyone with an intent to utilise aircraft or facilities to inflict terror has had plenty of ASIC free time to do so - many times over.

And have we had any cause for alarm or proof that we need such an inane system?

And while i'm in the zone i've been sent a form following my medical chasing up payment. It is going to take me some time to fill out the form. I've just introduced a cost recovery plan for myself, and i'm sorry CASA i'm going to have to invoice you for my time. But i'm sure you'll understand.

IMHFO
30th Mar 2006, 22:27
DECKCHAIR - a word of advice from my experience.

Doctor omits medical payment form with documentation reflecting burning hoops for medical. Call AVMED helpline to get in early and sort it out and get D who is disinterested, will not take ARN, name etc and advises that all will be well and will happen automatically (despite web site warning that it will bounce). Send payment form by fax anyway with instructions for use! Get letter in mail telling me to pay up or else (with incorrect address, handwriting of four year-old work experience student, - postie sorts it [learning point CASA - employ posties]).

Ring CASA helpline with letter to Bruce prepared with cc to Warren T and Bill Heff. Get M on the line and she is the perfect CASA employee - bless her heart. Sorts it in a minute. Suggests M gets fed this week and D doesn't.

Moral of the story - if you get D ask for M and every organisation is a victim of their employees.

gaunty
31st Mar 2006, 00:22
BD1959

Look mate I am not here to defend CASA, they are quite capable of doing so themselves, I am just trying to keep you up to date with what is happening in GENERAL terms.

You cannot say that we have been in any mode recognisable as NORMAL for some time leading up to the 31st march.

The clearly has not been happening with ASICs. it is not "clear" at all, given the other processes and the sheer volume of applications involved.

Yet CASA will not issue a new license if the pilot HAS submitted an application. as explained before: where the new license is a transition from GFPT to PPL this in effect means that CASA are not allowing newly qualified pilots to fly. is this a isolated case or not, in any event direct your complaint to Mr Arthur White the new Commissioner within CASA for these matters. You should recieve a swift response. You may not like the answer, but it strikes me that any answer you get is not going to be the right one for you right now.

And I will say it again, when the donkey has finished going through the Boa Constrictor, and now the practise Olympics are over, you might find there are some lessons learned and things will happen much quicker and more efficiently than they ever have before.

You still cant save the donkeys from themselves and I'm talking about incomplete or incorrectly completed applications.

Swamp half drained, half full you decide, but you wont win any full on cooperation from anyone by shouting at them, we are all in this together you know.

Beyond that I'm not getting down into the weeds with you on this.

kalavo
31st Mar 2006, 01:51
Applied September last year... still haven't received it. They'll be going on the last background check as well, which means March last year when I got my CPL - miss out on an ENTIRE YEAR!

Really quiet a disgusting system. I know it's being processed though - credit card got charged.

BD1959
31st Mar 2006, 02:11
Dear Mr Gaunty,

It was yourself who first used the term "you should carry on AS NORMAL. " blind Freddie and his dog can see that the whole process has been far from normal.

No, the example I gave is not an isolated Case. I understand that the CFI from a local school has been in correspondence with CASA regarding numerous anomolies with the process. There were also countless tales on the original thread detaiuling inconsistencies and contradictions.

"but you wont win any full on cooperation from anyone by shouting at them"

Who's been shouting at them? Certainly not me. I phoned them in early January to ensure they'd received the application I'd sent in October - but for which I never received an acknowledgement. I phoned them 8 weeks ago to learn that the application was with the AFP and I phoned them again last week to learn it was still with the AFP.

Maybe I should follow your advice and talk with the nice Mr Arthur White. But then that would break your previous advice to leave everything to the nice CASA people and it'll all work out fine in the end.

If I haven't been arrested for tresspass by then.

Boa Constrictors and Donkeys, eh? Keep tilting at windmills, mate.

BD

Pinky the pilot
31st Mar 2006, 02:32
Had to call CASA on an unrelated matter this morning and the recording stated in words to the effect that if one was calling on the ASIC matter it might be advisable to call ''later in the week."
Re the ASIC; I applied and paid by cheque on November 4th. Cheque went through November 30th. I had previously held an ASIC when doing some casual work for a Regional Airline and although there was no provision in the application form supplied for the new card to quote any previous card number I wrote the details out separately and stapled it to an inside page. Pointed this out to the CASA employee at YPAD where I lodged the form and his comment was that it was a good idea and that he was going to also put the details on a 'post it' note and stick it on the cover. Which he did.
Just been to the local PO. No ASIC!:oh:
I'm a patient bloke. Might give Qantas a call sometime though.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Chadzat
31st Mar 2006, 03:25
The farces with the processing of them pales into insignificance when you hear what I had to go through to get the little red card in my hands.

After finally finding the Qantas office at "Gate 24" I was shown into a normal office and was told to "look through and find your ASIC" from two boxes of about 100cards in each!!! I said to the guy "is there any ordering system in the boxes?" the reply was "Nar mate, all random!" I then got left unattended during which time I could have grabbed any number of cards!!!

After eventually finding my card 10mins later I just had to sign off my name on a sheet and I finally had it right on the deadline.

An absolutely ABSURD system and being the first time I have had to deal with CASA 'properly' I am not looking forward to that aspect of the industry I hope to find work in!! :yuk:

gaunty
31st Mar 2006, 03:35
BD1959

Perhaps you have a problem in comprehension and placing things in context.

it strikes me that any answer you get is not going to be the right one for you right now.

And yes you should talk to Mr White.

rmcdonal
31st Mar 2006, 03:51
Got phone call today saying I could pick my card up. Funny thing is I allready have my card, and have had it for over a week now. :}

kookabat
31st Mar 2006, 04:50
I got my receipt today (dated Feb 22).

No little red card but.

Field plougher
31st Mar 2006, 05:15
I too received the phone call today, "your ASIC is ready to be picked up from Chubb Security at the domestic terminal in Perth". When I explained that that was going to be impossible because I live in Karratha, she gave me the "dont shoot the messenger" line and call Chubb.

I call Chubb who tell me that the only way I could get someone to pick my card up, was to put in writing, on a CASA letter head:ugh: who I wanted to pick up my card.

Rang CASA, after finally getting through to them, I'm told that the letter head is not required and that CASA will retrieve my card and post it out to me.

When I asked about flying from tomorrow onwards without the card, I got a simply "well,you cant". Somehow I think I'll be flying tomorrow regardless.

Initially the cards were to be sent to all airports that QANTAS flew out of so that guys in rural areas could pick up their cards. Obviously this wasnt going to fit in with the deadline. So instead of getting the cards of us remote folk and posting them.. they wait until we all start calling them to say "Hey you :mad: up again".

I rarely have something to say, but these last few months have really seen my patience stretched to the limit.. God help any rent a cop that has something to say about my ASIC.:E

Let the circus continue:*

Pinky the pilot
31st Mar 2006, 05:45
Further to my post earlier today; Phoned Qantas and a very polite and helpful switchboard Girl put me through to the appropriate dept. Promptly heard a recorded menu which was so faint and of poor quality that I barely understood it! Made my selection as to which section I required and after 10 minutes (timed) on hold at STD rates I hung up.
Think I'll pay a personal visit when next in Adelaide.

(Usual signature deleted;Subject matter not worthy)

gaunty
31st Mar 2006, 06:09
I am going to stick my neck out yet again.

CASA simply cannot and will not , even if they wanted to, tell you that you can fly without a card after the 31st.

Please read the Ministers Media Release again, this time for comprehension. :)

And please please, even if it hurts, be polite to the security guys if they want to talk to you, they are supposed to be up to speed and remember it is not their personal fault anymore than it is yours, if you have done the right thing.

Ando1Bar
31st Mar 2006, 06:12
Can anyone beat Jul 07 as their expiry date? Are we entitled to any discount either this time or next time around? Surely I shouldn't have to pay for 24 months worth of ASIC when it is only valid for 16?

Also :ok: to many of the plebs at CASA who have been working hard to get these out ASAP despite some very poor processes. They've put up with a lot of abuse from many people and they were still at it at 9pm last night, sending text messages to applicants to let them know their card was ready for collection.

currawong
31st Mar 2006, 06:29
Thanks gaunty.

You have certainly been more forthcoming with info than the Feds have.

For the record, no ASIC here yet either, although they assure me it exists but cannot tell me where.

FlugWeasel
31st Mar 2006, 08:06
I got the phone call this AM telling me that the card was ready. Picked it up this afternoon.

There are a pile of boxes with ASICs at QF security in Sydney - looks like a few hundred or so.

Received this email from AOPA this afteroon:

Dear AOPA member

AOPA has been advised that some ASIC’s have been sitting with QANTAS admin for the past 2 weeks and to date, CASA have not notified these people that they are available for collection.

This is unsatisfactory – and, like you, AOPA has been far from pleased with the way in which CASA have managed this situation.

If you live close to one of the major airports that have QANTAS admin on site, please call the CASA CLARC office on 1300 737 032. They will know exactly where your ASIC is, and can advise if it is ready to be collected.

Regards

Andrew Kerans
Vice President AOPA

Also have a look at: http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/licence/inquiry.htm

I used the progress check and was told my application was completed on 17 January and sent for printing.

From my reading of the CASA website, the reply email from the progress check will suffice as proof that the ASIC is being processed.

AusFlygal
31st Mar 2006, 08:43
Finally received mine today in the mail (via registered post) after having applied for it in October and paying for it in November.

Don't quite know how they calculate the expiry date, but mine is due to expire in January 2008 - so will get my money's worth I suppose.

Obviously there is movement at the station....

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
31st Mar 2006, 15:24
No offence folks, but i think your anger is a bit off track.

CASA is not the reason for this BS, its because of the self perpetuating DOTARs monkeys, CASA had the ASIC thing dropped in their lap just about overnight.

Frankly i feel CASA have been given a crap deal in this one. They've done pretty well to try as quickly as possible get the ball rolling.

If you have anger to vent, vent it at Warren Truss, they are the ones that have put policy in place that allows our friends at DOTARS to make everyone at VRD have ASIC cards, talk about NFI.

Australia like usual is miles behind the rest of the world, did you know in the US you are now allowed to carry items previously forbidden onboard, i.e metal dinner cutlery, scissors etc etc.

With regard to the "cost recovery" we are all experiencing, why shouldn't users pay, but, if you work for a company that will not renew your medical or pay for your ASIC card ( it is required for you to work in their workplace ), more fool you, this cost will refect an extra 50 cent an hours in the charter rate.

pall
31st Mar 2006, 22:12
Applied late December, 05. Got mine yeaterday (31/3) via registered post. Expiry is Jun 07. This corresponds with my AVID issue date (30 June 05). Add 2 years to my orignal seciurity check date (for AVID) and that gives you the June 07 expiry for my ASIC.

My AVID expires June 2010.

Soulman
31st Mar 2006, 22:35
Applied mid December and to date, no letter of confirmation, no receipt and more importantly - NO ASIC!!! I've been assured that it's at Qantas getting printed. :confused:

I did get one thing though - a $95 debit on my credit card! :}

Can anyone confirm that people in the Melbourne area aren't having to drive out to Tulla to pick it up?

Soulman.

disco_air
31st Mar 2006, 23:40
I got it by registered post yesterday (just in the nick of time eh :rolleyes:) with a Mar '08 expiry.

So much for picking it up in person from somewhere.

....Disco

Charlie Foxtrot India
1st Apr 2006, 06:59
Mine is apparently with Chubb at Perth Airport, I discover this by email on the afternoon of 1 April. Not from CASA or anyone else, from someone who had been chasing these things up on behalf of a few of us at Jandakot. CASA have never sent me any knid of information about my ASIC application or wherabouts.

Won't have time to go and pick it up for a few weeks unless I cancel a day's work. Why couldn't they have posted it? Then I only would have needed to cancel half a day's work to collect the registered mail from the post office. Asked the lady at Chubb (How did they get involved in this, yet another layer of people for things to go wrong) if they could post it to me and she said no, they were under strict instructions only to give them to applicants in person. And that only the CASA issued ones had been posted. Well, guess what, mine was CASA issued. duh

So this mess is still not resolved and I DID NOT get my ASIC by 31 March. It was NOT "distributed" to me, as promised by Truss; it is stuck in a cardboard box at Perth airport for the forseeable future. Maybe Chubb can send it back to Qantas who can send it back to CASA who can then post it to me.

Chimbu chuckles
1st Apr 2006, 07:44
Yup...mine has not arrived either.

I applied and payed cash on Dec 17th. It was at QF being printed some weeks ago. When I applied (At CASA BN Office, paid cash) I made sure that posting it to my work address overseas, C/- Blah blah Flight Ops Dept PO Box etc, was NOT an issue...no problems said the CASA lady in BN. If they now expect me to pick it up from Chubb, QF, TL refueler or whereever they can expect a less than gracious answer.

And apart from a reply to my second email enquiry to the CASA website...the first went unanswered but the second time I ticked the "I need it for work" box..I have yet to receive syllable ONE from the Cretins Against Sensible Aviation or Department Of Tradgically Average Reality Suspenders addressing, in any meaningfull way, any issues:hmm:

Lucky I don't need it for work...my company issued one (foriegn country, zero security background check) is sufficient for me to pilot a widebody into any capital city in Oz...Grafton, Roma and Toowoomba etc in my Bonanza is where the real risk lays...or so I am led to believe:ugh:

What other enterprise could charge top dollar for zero service?

It just beggars belief.

dude65
1st Apr 2006, 08:01
Chimbu
I've seen some good ones on here but this stuff takes the cake. FYI: Mine was at Brisvegas airport on Friday as promised. 5 minutes to pick it up and $5.00 for parking.

We're in the wrong business.

Icefire
1st Apr 2006, 08:05
Can beat Jun or Jul 07.

Got mine with a day to spare, HOWEVER it is only valid until JAN 07, thats right 8 months. :mad:
Just under $12 a month, aint bad is it. Everyone was expecting 2 years - what a rip off. Expect a new card or if not, a refund or a massive and I mean masive discount on the next one. (Won't hold my breath though).

Have now been told and gathered from various forums that the validity date ties in with your police clearence date. I have never seen this stated any where during the whole sorry process and I reckon the fee must be payable on a pro-rata basis. Are they taking money under false pretences?

Contacted CASA who require I write a letter of complaint (as if I needed prompting). They have an enquiries (read complaints) dept for this and I can imagine it is going to be very busy.

Chimbu chuckles
1st Apr 2006, 08:21
I note on the CASA website a 1300 number for enquiries regrading HOW your ASIC is being forwarded...1300 number cannot be rung from overseas...anyone (Gaunty?) got a proper phone number I can ring from Asia?

I also note with some bemusement the list of places you can collect your ASIC....QF Cairns check in counter and the Jetstar check in counter in Launceston...what an amazing degredation of the value of the ASIC card in the last couple of years.

dude65
1st Apr 2006, 08:35
Chimbu's on fire tonight Ladys & Gents

Chimbu chuckles
1st Apr 2006, 09:07
I also note that if you click on 'check the status of your application online' you get 'Safari cannot open this application'....so the stupid carnts have closed down that webpage:hmm:

I think the little red globe at CASA marked 'FIP' has finally fused completely.:uhoh:

Wheeler
1st Apr 2006, 09:11
Why can't they post the damn things???

I have a phone message telling me to go to Qantas at Mascot - but first ring this number.... After spitting blood because I have to spend half a day and God knows what on petrol and parking, I did ring - and got played lift music for 30 mins before I gave up. So I ring CASA and try to see what the score is - same treatment. I wish these jokers would just get real!!

CASA, needless to say, you've lost even more friends on this. Not that that bothers you apparently!

Does this crap qualify as what Mr Truss seems to call exceptional circimstances? Not really, its completely normal for CASA! They are the experts at making rules no-one can comply with and then threatening the full force of the law if you do not comply - and that is the way GA gets treated here. C'mon Mr Truss, sort these p----s out, once and for all.

Thermal Bandit
1st Apr 2006, 09:32
Stallie – ask your boss if they object to you using your employment issued ASIC, they paid for it; the other question is, are we allowed to have two? Bet the bureaucrats did not think of that.

My employer has no problems with me using mine for my private activities with their name on it; then again we did not look at any possible FBT implications.

compressor stall
1st Apr 2006, 21:13
Hey TB

How's things? Still gliding?

Boss has no trouble with me using the ASIC for pvt flying - the issue is more if I am actually allowed to. Will some security guard give me a hard time as I have an ASIC having just emerged from a C172 with the Mrs and an esky?

CS

Non Normal
1st Apr 2006, 23:33
I re-read the forms and everything I could find, and it is still not clear to me whether it's permissible to use your company-issued ASIC on private matters, or to even have two. Does anyone know? Compressor Stall, if you can get it in writing from CASA or DOTARS that you can have two, then I suggest you get two, just to avoid security guards having a go at you for using it for 'non-company business' and inconveniencing you.

A completely separate question
On the CASA application form, it's stated that if you hold an AVID, you can get an ASIC at a reduced fee.

Does it work the other way round (i.e. if you hold a current ASIC, can you get an AVID at a reduced fee), even though no reference is made to that situation on the application form?

I'm just thinking that if they have a similar fiasco come 2007/8, at least holding an AVID would enable one to fly between non-security-controlled aerodromes if the authorities fail to get well-organised (or shall I say, 'sufficiently organised') by then and ASIC processing turn into another chaos.

Does anyone know?

No Body
2nd Apr 2006, 01:35
Have now been told and gathered from various forums that the validity date ties in with your police clearence date. I have never seen this stated any where during the whole sorry process

This is stated quite clearly in the Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005. Section 6.32(2) reads:

...the expiry must not be later than 2 years after the day on which the relevant background checks of the holder were completed.

ding duck
2nd Apr 2006, 04:26
Called CASA on Friday to find out where mine is. Application sent in December, money taken from me two weeks later. They told me it was either in Perth or Darwin and I need to go to see QANTAS to pick it up. Thats all fine except im in Kununurra, 3280km from perth and 900km from Darwhine. Is anyone else in this same position? When I do find it, QANTAS are supposed to then send it back to CASA in Canberra who will then post it to me in KNX. These people are supposed to be regulating our industry people!

Chimbu chuckles
2nd Apr 2006, 06:24
Mine arrived!!!!

At the alternative BN address I gave them...that of a mate...he signed for it and it awaits me...not sure when it lapses...prolly January/Feb or march 2008 but I din't ask.

It arrived on time so that's good...I take back some of my frustrated rhetoric...I still think they are a complete WOFTAM however.:ok:

hair of the dogma
2nd Apr 2006, 09:38
Just got my ASIC - submitted application Feb 28 and got card Mar 30. I am amazed it actually happened so quickly. Still a waste of $145 and everybodies time but hey it arrived.

Lasiorhinus
2nd Apr 2006, 13:15
Application submitted: December 05.
Credit card charged: March 28, 06
Card arrived (by post): March 31, 06

Card expiry date: SEP 07

I feel ripped off...

slice
2nd Apr 2006, 15:50
Applied for AVID May 05 - received Aug 05

Applied for ASIC late DEC 05 (Advised received by CASA 3rd Jan)

Mid March 06 receive email that no certified photos with ASIC application and thus must submit photos for further proccessing.

Mar 30 Receive ASIC by registered post (presumably using photo supplied for AVID) valid to FEB 08

Can't really complain as AVID free and ASIC was only $95 but obviously some confusion - what determines expiry date? :confused:

RV6
2nd Apr 2006, 18:10
Just picked up my ASIC from Perth airport - yes it was after midnight but the Chubb security folks were waiting for the Cairns flight and were very pleasant and helpful. Got chatting about the general difficulties involved in this whole process and was told that one pilot turned up to collect his card from them and found to his horror that it had the wrong photograph on it - and he needed it for work. Wonder how he got on at work the next day.

My card expires in August 07 - so I've been ripped off too. Slice: as I've posted previously, the expiry date is determined by the date of the background check - supposedly 2 years validity from the date of the last check. In my case they've based it on the date of the issue of my AVID. And they debited my credit card in early January so they've had my money for nearly 3 months before I got the card. Sigh... At least it has my photograph on it - not pretty but it's me:}

Chimbu chuckles
3rd Apr 2006, 00:01
Wrong photo prolly won't be an issue...mate in PNG had one done up with a close up photo of female genetalia and it went un-noticed for YEARS by those not in on the joke:}

IMHFO
3rd Apr 2006, 01:47
Perhaps "unnoticed" for a very good reason mate - or haven't your friends told you!

FlugWeasel
3rd Apr 2006, 02:37
If you need the link to the status check it is:

http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/licence/status.htm

The link in the latest news item on the CASA website is broken. The older item has this link in it.

Hope that helps anyone who needs it.

kookabat
3rd Apr 2006, 02:54
!!!
Picking it up from Qantas in Mascot was painless!!!
Go in, photo ID, 'here you are'.

Pity it's only valid to MAY 07, eh!!:mad:

Bevan666
3rd Apr 2006, 04:49
I got a call from CASA on sunday, telling me their records have my ASIC card at Qantas in Sydney, and I am in Melbourne....

Richo
3rd Apr 2006, 06:50
Hello Stallie

This may be of help to you.

I previously had an ASIC which was issued to my under my old employer. It had the company name on it as well as mine.
I left this employer in early 2005 and thay asked for the card back, which I duly did.

I started with new employer in Aug 05 at same airport, walked into the issuing office and thay gave me a new card, based on my previous one after I paid the $50 fee.
This is I believe the fee for re-issuing a lost card. The new card has no employer name on it, and I understand NO new cards do.

I asked about this and was told (so take it with a grain of salt), that the card is MINE and not the companies, I can use the card at any time and anywhere it is approved (ie AUS). I have also been told that the new passes are not locality specific and can be used anywhere.

I have just put in paperwork for a renewal of this ASIC (due in June), the company filled in thier bit and have paid for it.
As I understand it, they can ask for it back if I leave thier employ, leaving me without a card untill I pay the $50 for a re-issue of a lost card.

I am not sure if this good or bad but it certinaly is a strange way of doing buisness.

As for your circumstances, I don't think you have a problem. The rules will apply for all cards the same, reguardless of whether there is a company name on them or not, and or if the card is location specific. The new cards have neither.

The application process is the same regardless of the class of airport you are using.

Richo

Ando1Bar
3rd Apr 2006, 07:45
!!!
Picking it up from Qantas in Mascot was painless!!!
Go in, photo ID, 'here you are'.

Pity it's only valid to MAY 07, eh!!:mad:

May 07 - we have a new winner!

low_flyer
3rd Apr 2006, 08:00
Well, not having received a phone call from CASA, I took a punt and went to the Perth Domestic Terminal to see if my ASIC was there..... no good :uhoh:

So I go back to the office and called the CLARC - its after 5 over east so I'll give them credit for that - but after waiting 20 minutes on hold I was hoping for some answers.... no good :{

Left name & number do you reckon they'll get back to me? :confused:

Who knows?

Since my application for an ASIC & SPL went was sent in last November - I have had to keep training dual. I am about to start navs with no sign of my ASIC and apparently no SPL until the ASIC is "cleared".

I take people's viewpoints on whose mess this is but its been stuffed up at so many points down the line its not funny

Anderson :yuk: Truss :yuk: DOTARS :yuk: CASA :yuk: CLARC :yuk:

Altimeters
3rd Apr 2006, 11:30
May 07 - we have a new winner!

Yep mine as well is May 07. :mad: :rolleyes: :yuk: However a work colleage's ASIC expires in APR 07!!! He's only got 1year left the poor bugger.

gaunty
3rd Apr 2006, 12:18
Chaps;

As I understand it as part of the "consultative process" it was agreed that location specific ASICs would not be issued.

That is, an AUS Asic is what you will routinely get.

The ASIC and the airport are for the most part separate issues.

vh_ajm
3rd Apr 2006, 14:06
Hope most of us are over this and other accosiated threads by now.

If you're in Adelaide and still waiting for your card or a phone call or post, it may be worth calling CASA and ask for it. Tell them it may be at QF for printing or pick up. They'll put you in touch with a QF rep who may just tell you its ready.

If its anything like mine, it will have been ready for over a week with QF thinking it is CASA's job to call and CASA thinking it is QFs job to call. Seems they should both sqawk 7600 at the moment cos neither are talking to eachother right now.

I made CASA and QF aware of this breakdown in communication but both seem disinterested.

By the way, when you do decide to go pick it up they (whoever) will tell you no more than QF domestic in the ADL terminal. What they don't tell you is that the place to go is through security and down to the cloudy glass doors opposite gate 24 and hit the intercom. If no joy there go to the QF service desk and ask for the number to call them direct. And no they cant call cos "we (service desk) get this all day". Thanks mate.

Hope this helps.

Oh and I asked CASA today what they're doing to credit people for ASICs that expire in less than 2 years (yes, I have lost 3 months as well). We'll see what they say.

ContactMeNow
3rd Apr 2006, 14:18
Got the phone call saying mine is ready to be collected in Sydney, only problem is I dont live in Sydney any more (also called CASA to notify them of my address change 2 months ago).

was told to wait up to 4 weeks while QANTAS find it, send it back to CASA then CASA send it out to a CASA office near me and then they send it via registered post to my CURRENT address.....

Why cant QANTAS send it directly to me? I also had the option to get soemone to collect it from Sydney for me on my behalf, but was informed that Zthe "nominated person"needed to be "approved" by CASA (ie security cleared). I wasnt too sure if this was the case, so I called to inform them the person tho collect my ASIC form Sydney was also an ASIC holder and I was told to send QANTAS a fax and then CASA a fax informing them that i nominated a person to collect my ASIC (for them only to express post it up to me anyway)

Long story short it was all "too much of a hasel" for CASA and QANTAS so I will be waiting the 4 weeks to get mine in the mail. I fly out of a RPT airport so now I need written apporval from the airport manager to fly into and out of the airport...fun fun fun

Nothing but games....

CMN :ok:

ausdoc
3rd Apr 2006, 21:59
Applied Nov 05, card debited Feb 06, used the automated system to find out the status and received a prompt reply to say that it was at QANTAS for printing. Two months later (yesterday), called CASA to find out the status of my card. It was not even on their list! The guy on the phone took my details and said he would speak to his supervisor and get back to me that day. Guess what - nothing.

ContactMeNow
4th Apr 2006, 07:16
After being on CASAs back for the past day or so I was pleased to find that they have EXPRESSED POSTED me my ASIC...

After signing for it, I quickly open the parcel to see what the big commotion was all about....

I was shocked to find that they had sent me the WRONG card! :sad:

http://www.geocities.com/kookabat/ASIC.jpg

WELL DONE CASA!

currawong
4th Apr 2006, 10:32
So thats who got my photo:}

flygirl79
4th Apr 2006, 10:55
Sent my application off on January 06, queried CASA early March to check the progress, was given the story that its at Qantas for printing March 6th and they will contact me. Rang on the 31st March and CASA said that it was sent registered post over a week before.......three minutes later they changed their minds and said it was at adelaide domestic terminal..... (this is at 1630 in the arvo) No body called me to say it was delivered there and that I should come pick it up. Qantas office not open after 4 and dont bother coming in on the weekend because they are closed.
Communication is the key to good saftey in aviation and the two biggest companies in australian aviation cant even get their stories straight. Doesn't it **** you??
Went in Monday, nobody knew where the Qantas HR office is....after asking many, finally got to the glass doors, signed for it and it expires May 07. Been ripped off one month shy of a year.
Am really disappointed in CASA, AFP and ASIO. What a waste of money. Better start applying for the next one now I guess.
I seriously hope we get a discount!!

Altimeters
4th Apr 2006, 23:07
Flygirl79,

I did the same thing and called the Qantas licencing line. I got an answering machine saying that they are closed on weekends. Anyhow I then called Qantas security (got their number from the answering machine) and the guy said that it was crap they are open on weekends but because of us they're not answering any phone calls. So I went in to the QCD building and I've walked in handed over my drivers licence and bingo I had my ASIC. (valid for one year!!!! :mad: :mad: )

LUCKY-1
4th Apr 2006, 23:17
Applied 31st Dec last, Delivered to my door Tue April 4th by Australia Post.:)

ContactMeNow
5th Apr 2006, 02:32
Currawong,

Could you please supply me your postal address. I will be sending it to you via REGISTERED POST and since im such a nice guy, I will even throw in a card holder plus laynard (all free of charge :E )

Lasiorhinus
5th Apr 2006, 03:36
CASA now say (as of today, 5th April), that if your card is at any of the collection points (cardboard boxes with Chubb or Qantas), and you havent picked it up by April 9th, they'll just post it to you directly.....

Wheeler
5th Apr 2006, 16:53
Lasiorhinus, That's the best bit of news I've heard from this sorry saga because there is no way I could get to Qantas before then to get the thing. No-one answers the phone number they told me to ring before fronting up anyway. Where did they announce this? (Or maybe its a secret!)

Anyone been asked about their card at an RPT airport yet? I've been to a couple without mine (because its at Qantas). I'm guessing if the cards cannot even be issued then the chances of them finding someone to look at them in the middle of Wup Wup are not too high at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get my ASIC before I get found out.

Sunfish
5th Apr 2006, 21:10
I understand that the AFP will wait until the end of April or suchlike before "blitzing" various airports. Since they usually appear in a nice shiny four wheel drive, I expect that the word will get around very quickly.

One question - what about the Lame's busy working on aircraft in hangars? Its a bit impractical to wear an ASIC underneath an aircraft, or flitting from hangar to hangar. My guess is that ASIC's are only going to get worn on "official occasions" in some places.

L J R
5th Apr 2006, 21:59
Has anyone got the CASA link to the 'check the status of your application online.' contained in the ASIC page to actually work?

Mr Phi me
6th Apr 2006, 06:55
The link works but they don’t reply

I am sending them my new picture as I don’t look like my old one anymore

aero979
7th Apr 2006, 01:13
is there anything that does work with CASA? or do the people they have there know anything??

I received a message from a rep and have been trying to call back. a) phone lines to the area are too busy b) phone engaged c) phone rings out d) someone else answers and knows nothing of the person I am trying to get in touch with.

On another note - 4 DOTARS reps at our premises this week checking our airside door. Well 1 checked while the others stood outside checking out an arriving Virgin 737. Asked if they could supply no access etc signs for the door... and the answer... wait for it... I DONT KNOW!! haha:uhoh: meanwhile at least three people walking airside with no asic.

just another addition to this thread. I appreciate they are busy, but come on...

Biggles_in_Oz
13th Apr 2006, 06:12
Finally got my piece of plastic :), but it expires in 14 months :ugh:

Being the perverse sod that I am, I read the back of the card, and it says The holder of this card is required to display it on their person in an approved holder at all times when in ...

I wonder what Dotar/CASA consider an approved holder to be ?

Wheeler
13th Apr 2006, 06:21
Just been up to the post office to pick mine up too... cannot believe the bloody thing expires in May 07!

Yeah Biggles, I think I know the 'approved holder' worn 'on their person' you are thinking of.