PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Pilots

Merlins Magic
28th Mar 2006, 04:37
Much is often said about the need for Pilots in Canada. I am an Australian Local currently working in Australia. I am an FO on Metro 23 Aircraft flying RPT Ops.

I am interested in Canadian Aviation, love Canada and the people, and would like to know what the policy on foreign pilots is. What experience do I need to get a jet job, be it corporate or regional.

I would appreciate any advice and assistance.

Kind Regards

MM

Fingersmac
28th Mar 2006, 04:57
In a nutshell, you have to have the right to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, etc).

As for the need for pilots in Canada, there is a demand right now, but there are also an abundance of qualified Canadian CPL/ATPL license holders.

iwillflyajet
28th Mar 2006, 15:43
if you are flying in in OZ as an FO. My advice would be to stay in oz.
The money is better and the life style would be better as well. No beaches in the middle of Canada.
Canada is a great country and with lots of aviation.
But......The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

I am thinking of pulling the plug here and moving back home.

After living in OZ and now Canada. I would say that OZ is looking good.

Iwill

UB6IB9
28th Mar 2006, 23:56
the big c is mainly in need of expierenced guys with time like heavy turbo/command. lowtimers ( less than 1500tt ) are a time a dozen....unemployed and working on the ramp/waiting for a flying job......to prove it. nonethless all foreigners are welcome....especially from oz, cuz you guys know how to drink.

cheers

iwillflyajet
29th Mar 2006, 03:16
I am not knocking ya for being aussie.

just like ub6 said be prepared to put in the hard yards again.

I would give my left nut to be in a metro flying in OZ.
I love Canada but I am finding it tough.
I have over a thousand hrs float and I am stuck on floats.

Iwill