PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attending NATS tests this Friday?

Kirk Biddlecombe
27th Mar 2006, 17:16
Friday 31st March, Hilton Hotel, Euston, London

I'll be there, wondering if anyone else is...

Kirk

BigHeadNuts
27th Mar 2006, 20:38
Was mate, been re-scheduled for thursday 30th now.
Great :)

Stringy
29th Mar 2006, 12:25
I'm going for the testing tomorrow (30th) as well.
Can anybody give an idea as to the level of knowledge you should have of the material for the motivation test? As in, how easy are the questions, will a general knowledge of the material be sufficient, or do I need to know it word for word?

speedbird911
29th Mar 2006, 12:55
the motivational test is very easy, just read the material a few times and take it in, no need for word for word memorising. i found the spatial awareness to be the hardest so you might like to practice those just a little. good luck.

Stringy
29th Mar 2006, 12:57
I should be ok with the 'aptitude' testing, I was recently at RAF Cranwell (still awaiting result of OASC, selection board in April), and I got very high scores on the aptitudes there.
Thanks for the info :)

saadnaeem
29th Mar 2006, 14:22
Hiya,
I am also booked for the 30th, anyone else here for tommorow?
and any last minute tips?
Regards, Saad.:ooh:

Kirk Biddlecombe
31st Mar 2006, 18:18
Just finished - what a day!

I had the personality test first which I was glad of as it took ages - 3 questionnaires in all - with a lot of repetition!

- Computer Checking - 40 numerical ones in 5 mins (answered 38/40), 40 alphabetic ones in 5 mins (answered 34/40) - I'm sure all the ones I answered are correct which is good.
- Numerical Computation - about 30 in 10 mins (answered about 26 of them, got a bit frustrated with all the decimal questions towards then end and lost some time)
- Spatial Reasoning - 40 in 20 mins (answered 39/40) got most right I think as somehow I seem to be good at these, although the second and third pages were tough because the flattened cube was a weird shape and took some thinking - I don't think many did well on this one!
- Diagramming - 50 in 20 mins (answered 39/50) and am sure I got all the ones I answered correct, it was just me running out of time in the end.

There was no ATCO available today to give a talk which was a shame so we finished really early.

Hope this helps anyone taking the initial tests anytime soon!

Kirk

- Nearly forgot - the motivation paper - well easy - (32 in 18 mins) I'm confident I got 100% on that :)

saadnaeem
3rd Apr 2006, 23:00
anyone heard yet from NATS ???
had my test on 30th March.:confused: