View Full Version : new Boeing SOPs

Stef BAC
25th Mar 2006, 19:29
I have some questions:confused:concerning the new SOPs:

1. Why are the WINDOW HEAT lights no longer turned OFF during Shutdown?
2. Why are the START switches already turned on prior to taxi-out instead of prior to line-up?
3. During daytime, the RWY TURNOFF lights are now used in flight (ON from clrd for line-up til FL100, then back ON from descent through FL100 til clean-up after landing). Why is this?
4. Why are the flaps now retracted as a last item during clean-up?

Who can clear any of these up?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Mar 2006, 06:23
Why is this in the Spotters Forum? Suggest you try the aircrew area where you're bound to get a swift response.

BOAC
26th Mar 2006, 08:49
With no profile details, HD, and a 'first post', I had assumed SB's question was a flt sim one, and we tend to 'host' those questions here. Perhaps he/she could PM me to let me know?

Stef BAC
26th Mar 2006, 18:10
Sorry, let me clear up my interest. We at Bruges Air College (BAC) have built a moving 738 cockpit replica for both amateur and professional use. 70% of our guests are PPL, CPL and ATPL, the rest are flightsimmers. Since I have no ATP experience at all, all my knowhow comes from OM,QRH,FCTM and Bill Bulfers 738CC. We like to give our 'students' the best experience possible. Most of my questions I can solve with the manuals, some however not. Can anybody be of assistance? What is the best forum I should post my future threads (and get answers)?:confused:

Thanks in advance.
Stefaan

BOAC
26th Mar 2006, 19:22
Thank you, Stef - no problems. I think 'Questions' should have someone who can try to answer. This will not answer your query but it may cast some light.
http://www.b737.org.uk/nnp.htm