View Full Version : North Weald CLOSED Tuesday 28th March

AerBabe
24th Mar 2006, 08:33
Please be aware that North Weald is likely to be closed all day next Tuesday, 28th March. This is due to industrial action, and I will confirm on Monday.

Thank you for your understanding.

AB

2Donkeys
24th Mar 2006, 08:50
This is due to industrial action

How could you do this to us Aerbabe? ;)

AerBabe
24th Mar 2006, 09:45
Sorry.
:(

Gertrude the Wombat
24th Mar 2006, 09:46
It's another one of these disputes which is really between the unions and the government, so it's reasonably good natured at the sharp end (at least in some places), as the unions aren't actually cross with the councils and the councils aren't actually cross with the unions and they really don't want such national disputes to spoil good local working relationships.

So it is possible that in some cases some local "understandings" might be reached about particular functions or events or whatever (one could perhaps imagine "ok, if you want to run the mayor's tea party with outside caterers we'll make sure our picket lines are off on their lunch break as the pensioners come in") ... but keeping an entire airfield open against the strike is probably asking too much!

Rallye Driver
24th Mar 2006, 15:32
Well, Tuesday is John the World's Greatest Refueller's day off, the Dog is having its Annual and the forecast is for it to be windy and wet, so it won't inconvenience me!

Plenty of time for you to study officerish sorts of things then, AB. Maybe even get a posting to Strike Command :E

RD

AerBabe
24th Mar 2006, 16:38
You shouldn't call me AB any more ... it's ma'am now. :}

chevvron
25th Mar 2006, 08:18
Presumably you're coming out in sympathy with French ATC?

Kolibear
27th Mar 2006, 10:49
Not actually sure if you can close the airfield, short of physically blocking the runway.

The employees of the local council who own the airfield are the ones going on strike - right?

They can't stop other employees of the same company going to work if they wish too. I doubt if they are allowed to stop employees of total different companiers from going to their own places of business which happen to be on the airfield.

So the only facility which may be withdrawn would be the A/G.

But - this is conjection based on my own experiences of industrial action. I'll be at work elsewhere so its immaterial.