PDA

View Full Version : Advice

MasterD
22nd Mar 2006, 07:37
Hello all
I hope I am posting this in the right place but I need some advice, I have family living in Toronto and would like to work towards my CPL. I know of only 2 flying schools in Toronto which are Canadian flyers international and Island air flight school if anyone has any experience with these schools or knows of any better schools in the area please let me know
Thanking you all in advance

mellofello
22nd Mar 2006, 11:00
Take a drive up towards Buttonville airport, there you will find Toronto Airways.

RatherBeFlying
22nd Mar 2006, 20:46
Where are you in Toronto?

Do you have a car?

There's Greenbank, Holland Landing, Brampton, Burlington, Oshawa, Hamilton.

I did my license many years ago at Greenbank -- a good measure of a flying school is how long it takes to checkout somewhere else when you want to rent a plane -- one hour or less is a good number.

Traffic density when you're going flying is a big factor. I do not run up to Holland Landing weekdays after work, nor would I want to be going to Buttonville then.

MasterD
22nd Mar 2006, 21:34
I cant drive and i will b living on Queen's Quay so toronto island is the closest place 2 learn

RatherBeFlying
23rd Mar 2006, 00:34
If you can't drive for medical reasons, I doubt you can pass a Class 1 aviation medical. If you can't drive for financial reasons, dual costs some $160/hr + 7% GST.

samlee2006
28th Mar 2006, 17:07
:O Hi everyone,

I have few questions. Just like everyone, I have great desire to fly for major.
Let just say an opportunity (hypnotically speaking) present it self for a job to fly A320 as a F/O and the other job to fly twin as PIC.

As I mention my dreams, is to for an airline In Oz or anywhere, What would be the best decision? Which one would you go for?

Sam…:O

doo
28th Mar 2006, 18:29
Jet time, the employer will upgrade you when required.

spencer101
28th Mar 2006, 22:47
No contest!

A 320 is the way to go.:ok: