PDA

View Full Version : B737 Technical Site.

df1
17th Mar 2006, 10:48
Has anybody tried to access the 737 technical site recently? I only seem to get a "cannot find site" caption. Seems to have been this way for a couple of weeks, possibly longer.

Interested to see if it has been withdrawn for some reason.

Cheers
Dan

pilotaydin
17th Mar 2006, 18:59
perhaps it was sabotaged by the Airbus cult :)

I was actually wondering the same thing, i really liked that site, im hoping it's down for major upgrade :ok:

CaptainSandL
17th Mar 2006, 21:34
Hi Guys,

I was as surprised as everyone else when I noticed that my website was “off the air”, my ISP didn’t have the courtesy to tell me that they had done it. The hit counter suggests it happened on the 9th March.

After several lengthy premium rate calls to my ISP, they eventually told me that they had pulled the site because I was advertising a spam site. I think they said it was spamcopnet. I told them I have never carried any advertising but they were not having any of it. Eventually I had to send them a signed letter saying that I had no connections with any spam sites and that I had a firewall & anti-virus software in place in case I had been hacked. I am still waiting to get the webspace back.

The good news is that it should come back and I have used the opportunity to eradicate some dead links and other general housekeeping.

In case it was a hacking job if anybody has any security suggestions beyond Zone Alarm, Avira AntiVir, Spybot & Ad-Aware, all of which I have, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for all your emails of support while it has been off, I hope to be back soon.

Regards

Chris Brady
www.b737.org.uk (I hope !)

df1
20th Mar 2006, 11:53
Cheers for that Chris.

Sorry, I know nothing about computer security other than having the Norton Internet security setup on my laptop. Hope all goes well with it. Looking forward to seeing you up and running soon.

All the best
Dan

CaptainSandL
23rd Mar 2006, 20:06
It's back !