PDA

View Full Version : looking for a pickup for the March ATCO course

Maskedhedgehog
15th Mar 2006, 07:45
Hello,
I'm Nicholas (20) from Austria and I'll be on the March ATCO training course.
Unfortunately I haven't found a vehicle yet to get me to the college. Also the public transport is very very bad (considering that Hurn is an intl. airport).
Is there anybody with a car who could pick me up from Colville Rd 12, Bournemouth, for lets say the first couple of weeks of training?
Of course I'm willing to pay half of the petrol money.
By the way, are there any other foreigners on the March course? Would be interesting to know.
See you in a couple of weeks.
Nicholas
p.s.: will anybody be going to the InFlames concert on March 31st?

AlanM
15th Mar 2006, 08:06
Colville road is not far from "Westby Road" which is a well known haunt for Student ATCOs (it has lots of 'Bed and Breakfast' locations where a lot of people stay) so I wouldn't imagine it would be too much of a problem. It is less than 1km away.

Good luck!

Fletchers Left Boot
15th Mar 2006, 09:07
Nicolas,

best thing to do is wait till the Induction week. You should be able to find someone who has arranged to stay at a B&B close by, and get fixed for a lift then.

Good luck, and see you at Hurn.

Dances with Boffins
16th Mar 2006, 12:36
Check yer PMs:ok:

niknak
16th Mar 2006, 12:44
"By the way, are there any other foriegners on the March course, it would be interesting to know".

No doubt there'll be one or two from Yorkshire and the obligitory quota from Wales.... :) :E

TATC
16th Mar 2006, 13:37
"By the way, are there any other foriegners on the March course, it would be interesting to know".
No doubt there'll be one or two from Yorkshire and the obligitory quota from Wales.... :) :E

probably more than a few sweaties as well

Maskedhedgehog
16th Mar 2006, 16:05
Thanks for your replies.
I'm sure I'll find somebody you can give me a lift.
It's quite amusing to see what the word "foreigner" means to different people :) .

Nicholas