View Full Version : JAA ATPL want to fly SEP

ExtraR
14th Mar 2006, 14:15
Hello,

I have a JAA ATPL witha B737 TR.

My question is - If I want to fly a Single Engine Airplane do i still have to get my SEP(A) again or i can just get a refreshment training on a plane.

The single engine aiplane in which i want to fly is an experimental.

Thanks,

Mark 1
14th Mar 2006, 14:22
You just need to renew your SEP class rating by taking a skill test with an examiner.
It makes no difference to the license requirement whether it's amateur or factory-built.

ExtraR
14th Mar 2006, 14:29
You just need to renew your SEP class rating by taking a skill test with an examiner.
It makes no difference to the license requirement whether it's amateur or factory-built.

Thanks for the answer,

So there is no need for theoretical examination at CAA , just skil test?

DB6
14th Mar 2006, 14:58
Depends on how long since your SEP lapesd. For full info look at LASORS on the CAA website (you'll need broadband though) or do a search on the Instructors & Examiners forum. That's for UK anyway, not sure about Bucharest.

Keygrip
14th Mar 2006, 15:50
Already answered, in greater detail, in Pro Training.

Mark 1
14th Mar 2006, 16:17
If your country complies fully with JAA requirements, then a renewal of a SEP class rating that expired less than 5 years ago is simply a skill test.
More than 5 years requires additional flight training and an oral knowledge test in the UK, but I don't think it is a general JAA requirement.