PDA

View Full Version : Flying schools for Instructor rating in UK

superconstellation
13th Mar 2006, 19:57
Hello guys, I would like to know some information about flight schools from UK to obtain an instructor rating and, after getting it, have some possibility of start working for them, because here in spain is almost impossible.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards and nice landings:ok:

mrwilko
13th Mar 2006, 20:27
Plenty of good schools all over the country and plenty of jobs. Go for it, we need you. Pay is '"@?!* though. You will need a second income or live in a caravan.

hardcase
14th Mar 2006, 09:08
i did mine in Goodwood 2 years ago, with Rod Jarvis and can not speak highly enough about the place. A little bit more expensive and limited possibilities of being offered a job with them. I have heard that Sky Leisure in Shoreham is very good, i did my night intructor rating with Martin the CFI there.

It is a good time to do it, with instructors getting airline jobs and schools will be looking to get people in for the busy summer period.

Don't leave it too late to decide....the summer is not far away :D

hardcase

BongleBear
14th Mar 2006, 10:21
You wont find any better than David Scouller at Old Sarum Flying Club in Salisbury, Wiltshire. I'm sure you wont have any problems getting a job anywhere in the UK, clubs and schools are desperate at the moment!

All the best and good luck,
B Bear

superconstellation
14th Mar 2006, 10:27
Thank you for your help guys¡¡ I will visit some clubs and schools next month.
cheers

superconstellation
14th Mar 2006, 10:30
more comments are wellcomed :}

LKMflyboy
15th Mar 2006, 15:46
I'd recommend Ray Watson at Cabair, Biggin Hill - extremely experienced and overall top chap!

Sleeve Wing
15th Mar 2006, 16:22
If you've time, Superconnie, drop in and see Greg Haggarty at West London Aero Club, White Waltham. 1st.Class bloke.with a good reputation.
Also WLAC often offer jobs if the candidate is good calibre.
Tel: 01628 823272.

READY MESSAGE
15th Mar 2006, 21:21
Dave Coulson at Cranfield Aero Club. No one better as far as I'm concerned.

18greens
23rd Mar 2006, 14:38
And there always the little known DEFTS at Barkston Heath. Firefly 260s, RAF trained instructors and not as expensive as you think it should be.

EGBKFLYER
23rd Mar 2006, 14:58
RAF trained instructors :ok: That is a Good Thing. Slightly different approach to certain aspects which I have definitely benefitted from learning about.

hasell
23rd Mar 2006, 16:24
Have flown with Greg Haggarty or more than one occassion. Top pilot and good instructor to boot.

Rgds.
Has.

NinjaBill
25th Mar 2006, 12:37
18 Greens - Do you know where I can find a contact for the FI(r) course at DEFTS?

thanks

NB

18greens
26th Mar 2006, 08:12
Thee number is in this link. Its a great place. Have fun. PM me if you need more details.

http://www.cranwell.raf.mod.uk/Organisation/EFT/DEFTS.html

Good luck

superconstellation
28th Mar 2006, 09:55
Hi again guys, I´m planning my FTO´s-Flying clubs tour and I would like to know some schools to get my filght instructor course near those zones:

southampton (bournemouth) like cabair

old sarum (salisburi) like old sarum flying club

maidenhead (berkshire) like west london aero club

and some close to heathrow airport.

maybe too much kilometres for just 1 day¡¡¡;)

Thank you in advance.

touchingthevoid
28th Mar 2006, 11:53
Has anybody any experience of Ravenair in Liverpool for an Instructors Rating ?

READY MESSAGE
28th Mar 2006, 17:36
Friend of mine did it there. Very good but it took over 4 months due to the instructors availiblity

Regis Potter
29th Mar 2006, 19:54
superconstellation

Try Eva Paul at Denham (The Pilot Centre Ltd.)

Close to LHR & highly recommended.

Cheers. RP

superconstellation
30th Mar 2006, 12:43
I will, thank you:cool: