View Full Version : SAA Airshow Display team contact

spanishflea
11th Mar 2006, 16:17
Could anyone please pass me the contact details of the relavant person in SAA who deals with the 747 airshow display? The sponsorship department just returns a standard email saying there is no money for last season!

springbok449
12th Mar 2006, 10:39
I think that a chap called Flipie Vermeulen was doing the displays for SAA, however rumour has it that because of the new management he has stepped aside now, he was also I believe running the SAA historic flight but gave that up to concentrate on setting up Springbok safaris...

PAXboy
12th Mar 2006, 14:17
With the cash cost to SAA of Buncefield going bang, I wonder if they will be able to spend anything at all on displays this year? Their costs of extra landing fees to do tech stops on the way home (for some flights) as well as the extra fuel burn is, I gather, financially very uncomfortable.

AlanM
12th Mar 2006, 16:50
Flippie didn't fly it in 2004 - and have forgotten the name of the man who did it last year. (he's too busy with his DC4!!)

When it was at Farnborough/East mids/Goodwood it was a display sponsoring the RR engines - maybe try SAA or RR press office.