View Full Version : Re-validation

covec
10th Mar 2006, 21:09
I am totally confused as to what I need to do to revalidate my CPL(A)(R) with FRTOL (due June 2006). This will be my first time...!

A JAR FI(R), I am also a UK PPL & JAR CPL holder with current SEPL & JAR SPA MEIR. With the exception of the FI(R) & SPA MEIR everything is up for revalidation ie CPL / FRTOL / SEPL.

Do I just use SRG 1106 & 1102, sending off £119 & £63 respectively for the CPL / FRTOL? And ignore the PPL - bar getting the Certificate of Revalidation for the SEPL signed off of course?

Page 4 of my Licence has Instrument / TMG / SEPL & MEPL Ratings attached - although I do not "do" TMG & the MEPL has lapsed.

Cheers, folk. I promise to buck up when the next 5 years comes around...:O

Keygrip
10th Mar 2006, 22:03
Ooh, close - but not quite.

First off, I have to ask, what is the (R) in CPL(A) (R)?

However, the CPL is one bit to consider - the ratings within it (SEP, MEP, FI etc) are a different thing to consider.

To renew the LICENCE (the CPL) you must fill out the relevant forms and send them to the Ministry Of Aerplanes with a cheque.

Forms 1102 for the CPL, 1106 for the FRTOL and 1187 to pay for it all.

There is a fee for the licence - I'll assume it's the £119 that you quote in your mail (though I haven't double checked). There is NO FEE for the FRTOL because it is being issued in conjunction with a pilots licence (there would be a fee if you were getting the FRTOL just to use a ground operators station for some reason).

HOWEVER - your licence must have at least one CLASS rating current within it at time of issue. You say the MEP has lapsed and the SEP is due for revalidation. Get it revalidated before you apply for the licence.

That's it - just a paperwork exercise. The CPL will convey with it, the privilidges of a PPL - but you must have a current class rating of at least one sort.

As an aside - how come the MEP has lapsed - but the IR-SPA-ME is current? Not good planning?

As another aside - and I apologise in advance for this - are you currently using that licence either to teach to fly commerciially with?

covec
12th Mar 2006, 11:07
Hello Keygrip - thank you for for taking the time to answer.
I use the CPL to recieve payment for providing an FI(R) service.
The (R) in CPL indicates that I passed the UK ATPLs but upgraded my UK BCPL to a JAR CPL whilst doing the JAR SPA MEIR. I can only fly non-UK registered aircraft with the permission of that non-UK country's Authority.
I got caught right in the middle of the UK to JAR switchover!:ouch:
My ME lapsed due to lack of funding now - but it seems that I can still renew my SPA MEIR - although I do not use it - the IR is to "protect" my ATPL credits.
Cheers - hope the snow is not affecting your flying too much!