PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Initial Tng? First few days...

Ignition Override
10th Mar 2006, 04:09
This is several months early for me, but what do most pilots study (class and CBT) during the first three-four days of Initial A-320 training? Did most pilots also have access to good CD-ROMS for early study?

Dream Land
10th Mar 2006, 14:45
The Airbus was my first experience with glass, I received contract training which skipped the fixed base trainers, the philosophy on the Bus is not to know how to build it, but how to program the FMS, my advise would be to learn how to program the FMS, also I think it is beneficial to know what triggers the next phase of flight MODE (CLB DES whatever).

Cavallier
14th Mar 2006, 13:22
Just starting my first ever multicrew type rating on the A330. The company I work for use the VACBI ground trainer which is licenced by airbus and covers everything. In tandem we have all been issued with the 330 FCOMs so we can use it as a reference if we have any problems.
Whilst undergoing the VACBI we are having sessions in the fixed base ECAM and FMGS trainer, and after that freeplay sessions where we can go in and deal with some of the more complex scenarios that may arise during sim and line training.
Have come to the conclusion it is a very intersting a/c with some very good points and some very unusual ones !

The Cav:cool:

Evvy
22nd Mar 2006, 08:07
Most groundschool courses use CBT for the first few days to introduce the aircraft systems, before moving onto fixed base, and fms training devices.

The FMS training is key and you should spend as much time getting know and understand the system as possible, i.e route building, performance.

Each TRTO will have it's own training footprint, so training time and focus will differ slightly.

Evvy