PDA

View Full Version : Is there any airport T/O minima is RVR500 without CL?

flycold
9th Mar 2006, 03:47
I'm looking for the airport which T/O minima is (around) RVR500 without CL(Centerline Light).
Thank you previously! :ok:

chevvron
9th Mar 2006, 14:10
Simple. Any airport with runway edge lights and/or runway centreline painted markings.n In the UK, only those runways without either are limited to 500m.

flycold
13th Mar 2006, 07:03
Simple. Any airport with runway edge lights and/or runway centreline painted markings.n In the UK, only those runways without either are limited to 500m.

Can I know the airport name?

Thank you!

discountinvestigator
23rd Mar 2006, 13:16
You may also need runway guard lights and other elements of infrastructure as well as procedures before the 500 metre restriction comes into play.

TheOddOne
23rd Mar 2006, 16:03
Stop bars would be good...

TOO

chevvron
24th Mar 2006, 06:54
Sure guard lights and stopbars are required in the UK, but he was asking specifically about runway lighting, and he's NOT in the UK. I've seen a public transport runway (about 2000m) in the Caribbean (for instance) with no taxiways; the apron was just tacked on the edge of the runway, so there was no room for wigwags/stopbars!

To be specific, the airport where I work has runway edge lights and painted centreline markings. Under CAP 168 (UK CAA airport licencing manual) aircraft may depart in an RVR of 400m, but where their ops manual authorises it, this may be reduced to 250m.