PDA

View Full Version : B737mrg vs Bulfor book

flywestjetcr
7th Mar 2006, 13:57
Question to 37 drivers. I am looking at purchasing either the Boone MRG manual or the Bulfor Cockpit Companion book for the 37NG. I am very familiar with the Bulfor products but am wondering if any one has the mrg and can tell me how useful it is.. pro's and con's.

Thanks!!

Empty Cruise
7th Mar 2006, 15:23
- CC : V. good systems rewiev.
- MRG : V. good failure & operations rewiev.

Generally, the CC wil help you understand how the aircraft is bulid, while the MRG will help you understand how to operate the aircraft. If new to the type, it'll help you understand how to handle multiple failures and in that way teach you how the systems work, but from an operational point of wiev.

So save yourself the pain of indecision -and buy them both :ok:

Siggur
7th Mar 2006, 15:37
I agree, both excellent books.
Buy them both!
Cheerio

N1 and ITT
7th Mar 2006, 17:25
If you're doing a TR with an airline, I would prefer the CC, which helps you understanding the systems. The MRG is somewhat influenced by the airline Pat is working for and their SOPs might interfere with your airline standards... So I would stick with your airlines OM B for procedures and the CC and OM B for system.
N1
BTW: Pat's work is very helpful and nicely done, no question about that! Might help a lot, if you're looking for a "different approach" or a second opinion on your SOPs or Boeing's way to do it.

jetblues
7th Mar 2006, 19:16
Both excellent books. I carry Bulfer in my briefcase and have Pats on my library bookcase.

The Good Samaritan
8th Mar 2006, 13:31
I would like to advise you that the MRG is an ausome guide, which will give you the ability to understand more clearly the systems from a pilot's perspective and associated failures that can be extremly helpful in quick identification and reaction to any problem that you may incounter. I have both books, but since I recieved the MRG, I fell in love with it and I have recommended it to all of my colleagues to obtain one.
It is a great asset to have.:ok:

flywestjetcr
8th Mar 2006, 13:55
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I appreciate it.

CR

fly.net
11th Mar 2006, 18:21
Bill Bulfer's CC = how the system works :cool:
Pat Boone's MRG = what to do if the system doesn't work :confused:

both excellent books ! :ok:

count dingleberry
12th Mar 2006, 07:11
sorry for my ignorance, but where can I buy the Bulfor Cockpit Companion book?:confused:
Also, what airline does the MRG Manual mainly deal with?

thanks

A Very Civil Pilot
12th Mar 2006, 11:14
I've got the CC, but have not heard of this other one.
Whats the full title, and where can I find one?

N1 and ITT
12th Mar 2006, 21:23
CC:
MRG:

.. sorry about this but the PPRuNe site owners don't permit direct unpaid advertising. I previously have hidden Pat's site details so the other must go likewise to be fair. I am sure that anyone who wants to find the answer can determine the URLs via a search engine.

A wild guess about Pats airline: Jetair Belgium? (TUI Belgium)?
At least the 737 looks quite blueish...

N1

About the mod editing (deleted links): Hmm, is posting a link = advertising? What about all the links in the Tech Log - Useful Web Sites etc.? Not that I wan't them to be removed, but I'd like to know for possible future posts...

B737MRG
13th Mar 2006, 07:43
Hi guys,

yes, I am flying for Jetair (TUI Airlines Belgium) on B734-B738.

The b737mrg was written back in 1998 for internal use and was published for purchase first time in 2005.
There will be an update in june 2006 and all references to the airline will be removed, only Boeing references will remain.

Thanks,

Pat

count dingleberry
15th Mar 2006, 21:31
thanks for that, N1 and ITT and B737MRG.