PDA

View Full Version : B737NG Wing Body Overheat

Yon Garde
6th Mar 2006, 21:08
My company currently has a LOE scenario where we get a non-resettable PACK light on the left side in the cruise at FL350 then a while later, we get a Wing Body overheat light on the RHS.

The NNC calls for switching off the pack and Bleed switches, however in this scenario these actions will slowly depressurise the aircraft(or quickly depending on instructor's whim).

What are people's thought with reference to delaying this NNC until the aircraft has (promptly) descended to <FL140 in order to prevent the oxy masks deploying and consequent pax issues with ears and "Oh my God, I saw my life flash before my eyes!" media interviews at the terminal.

The obvious risk consideration in this is the chance of the duct leak being a large one and posing a risk of fire, however I'd appreciate everyone's (particularly engineers) knowledge as to how large a risk this actually is, not having experienced a WB O/heat myself.

Kind regards,

Yon.

Charles Darwin
6th Mar 2006, 21:41
I’d stick to the procedure and deal with the media later. If I didn’t maybe I wouldn’t have to answer to the media though...but for a different reason.:sad:

Don’t ever let the fright of media coverage alter your way to conduct the flight in a safe manner

vagabond 47
7th Mar 2006, 07:51
[quote=Yon Garde]My company currently has a LOE scenario where we get a non-resettable PACK light on the left side in the cruise at FL350 then a while later, we get a Wing Body overheat light on the RHS.

Yon,
QRH does not always work for multiple Pork-Ups;get good side bleed to power good side Pack....you figure switching........dont forget Isolation Valve.

Cheers.