PDA

View Full Version : FLT

Stanstedeye
6th Mar 2006, 20:08
The Stansted summer schedule states FLT will operate for Pure Flights
to CFU,BJV,DLM,& TFS. Any idea what aircraft they will use?

Stanstedeye

LGS6753
6th Mar 2006, 20:54
FLT = Flightline.

Not sure what they've got with that range. Can't see a 146 making Turkey or Tenerife!

pamann
6th Mar 2006, 21:40
I believe Pure will more than likely share flights with the likes of Libra Holidays, Olympic Odyssey, Kosmar etc, who are due to use an airline by the name of Nordic East (or something along those lines, code NRD) using MD-80 or variant. I can't see Pure filling a whole aircraft out of Gatwick let alone Stansted, so I guess as they have always shared in the past this is what will happen. Hope this helps.

tilewood
6th Mar 2006, 22:08
Heard they are either getting or are in the market for RJs.

bacardi walla
7th Mar 2006, 07:40
.....or maybe using one of those Chinese MD83's when not in DUB :bored:

Yer Man
7th Mar 2006, 11:56
Hi,

I would seriously doubt that FLT would be working with Pure, as they got burnt last year on the Scandic operation when it went bust. This involved the Libra / Pure guys.

FLT are using 2 MD83s for operations out of Dub for Aviajet, one unit ex Spanair and one ex Spirit. No Chinese MDs in sight, in fact the Chinese aircraft are from European Air Charter.

rumair999
7th Mar 2006, 15:00
Could be interesting if Nordic intend to fly down to Turkey with traffic rights and all that !

Stanstedeye
7th Mar 2006, 17:05
Thanks for your info.
NRD are Nordic Regional, and are only due to operate to Kos as NRD 3522.
So maybe FLT will use an MD type.

Stanstedeye

pamann
17th Mar 2006, 03:17
Latest edition of XL Holidays brochure shows Nordic operating to PMI, FAO, TFS, CFU, HER, KGS, ZTH & DLM all from Stansted. My guess would be that other operator's such as Pure, Olympic/Odyssey etc will share these flights with an allocation as they have in the past. My Travel/Airtours also using Nordic to IBZ on a Friday. Who knows what the Summer holds it could all change by then. How about a good old British charter like Monarch or Excel for a change instead of airlines that only ever seem to last a season ???

jetstream7
17th Mar 2006, 09:38
How about a good old British charter like.... Excel for a change instead of airlines that only ever seem to last a season ???

That's the good old British charter that is currently operating Icelandic registered 737-400 and 767-300.

That's the good old British charter that has applications in to operate overseas registered aircraft from...

jetstream7
17th Mar 2006, 09:47
How about a good old British charter like Monarch or Excel for a change instead of airlines that only ever seem to last a season ???
Agree Monarch meets your definition.
As far as Excel goes though... a good old British charter?
Currently operating
1 x 737-400, Icelandic registered
1 x 767-300, Icelandic registered
With applications in to operate for the forthcoming summer...
1 x MD-83, Greek registered
2 x 737-800, Canadian registered
1 x 757-200, Finnish registered
1 x 737-400, Icelandic registered
2 x 747-300, Icelandic registered
May be not so British ? :hmm:

mmeteesside
17th Mar 2006, 15:03
The 2x B738 are their own :) Just been out on lease to Canada for the winter, and seems they can't be bothered to put them back on the UK register!