PDA

View Full Version : PFA coaching scheme

Tango Oscar
3rd Mar 2006, 13:05
Can anyone recommend a PFA coach in the South East? I have experience of two PFA instructors, one was excellent, the other not so great. Neither will work in the South East though. Obviosuly there is a list on the PFA website, but really I'd like a recommendation if possible.

I'm looking for training via the coaching scheme on my Europa.

Any help appreciated:ok:

ifitaintboeing
3rd Mar 2006, 15:09
Where abouts in the South East are you?

I am a PFA Coach for the Midlands, and may be able to recommend someone closer to home...

PM me.

Regards,

ifitaint...

Tango Oscar
3rd Mar 2006, 15:43
ifitaintboeing Thanks - PM sent.

FlyingForFun
3rd Mar 2006, 16:35
The Europa group which I used to belong to used Frank Chapman, who was very good. He'd meet us at White Waltham, where the aircraft was hangared, but he didn't live around that way, so depending on exactly where your aircraft is based he may or may not be able to help you.

It's unlikely - I'm sure you'll find a good PFA coach - but if you are really stuck, send me a PM. I'm not a PFA coach, but I am a flying instructor, and I also have a fair bit of time on Europas. I am regularly in the South East visiting family and friends, so if you're stuck for PFA coaches but you are flexible I'm sure I could help you out in a push.

FFF
------------

18greens
5th Mar 2006, 10:24
This is interesting.

What is the diffference betweeen and PFA coach and an instructor? Do you need to be an instructor to be a coach?

Sounds like interesting flying.

BEagle
5th Mar 2006, 11:17
Those PFA coaches who are not FIs are nowadays required to be CRI(SPA)s.

It is not lawful for SEP/SSEA flight instruction to be given by anyone who is neither a FI nor CRI(SPA); any flight instruction given to non-licence holding pilots must be given by a FI.

Tango Oscar
6th Mar 2006, 07:54
Thanks all for the info. I have a good lead for a PFA coach locally to me.

Thanks FFF for the kind offer. I regulary visit Blackpool, as my mother-in-law lives there(Bispham), so keep an eye out for a tri-gear Europa bouncing down the runway(I've not flown there yet, but I intend to soon) !!

T.O.:ok:

foxmoth
6th Mar 2006, 08:08
TO - PM in your inbox:cool: