PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth accomodation

DannyManey
3rd Mar 2006, 11:44
Hello I have just been accepted on to course 207 starting March 27th and was just wondering from people who are on/have recently finished the course what the best option for accomodation is whilst at the college. if its living in a B&B which ones are the best, mainly wondering if it is at all feasible to rent a room as this would be cheaper. Oh and just wondering who else will be joining me on the course.

BigBoeing
3rd Mar 2006, 13:04
I believe we will get sent a list of B&B's that are used to catering for ATC trainees. I have no idea about price per week though??? I will be in a B&B or rent a room as you say, I don't I could be bothered with getting a house and organising bills etc all the time. I will hopefully be there, just waiting for medical

BB

3rd Mar 2006, 14:24
When i was there everyone was in a B&B for the first couple of months and then moved into houses as the course got to know each other. Ive been told it helps for studying and the like but it was good mainly for the social side. However i did the old course and was in Bournemouth for two years, with the shorter courses you might want to not tie yourself down to a rental contract.

tired-flyboy
4th Mar 2006, 09:00
From What i understand about the salary you really will need to look at B&B's in Westby Rd in Boscombe.

That is unless your loaded and own half of dorset!!

seriously though, you will (should) be sent an accomodation list from the college.

If you can get this and get looking early as down here the accomodation is very very varied, so there could be a lot of you fighting and you may get left with some dodgy place.

Enjoy the college as best you can.

TFB

261A
4th Mar 2006, 09:09
Do some or most of the trainees really stay in B&Bs for the whole of their time at college?

If the salary is as bad as it is then you must be loaded! Thats if it was an area course I guess!

Kirk Biddlecombe
4th Mar 2006, 23:26
If I get through the selection process, I may well be able to stay with some good friends I have who live closeby to Hurn airport. If this doesn't work out, I would probably look into renting a small flat.

Kirk