PDA

View Full Version : A small question and and a big thank you

BigBoeing
3rd Mar 2006, 08:14
Just found out I have been accepted by NATS and hopefully starting at the college soon. I just wanna say thank you to everyone on here who has been so helpful. Asking stuff on here has given me more knowledge than any book. My small question is do you wear aa uniform at CATC or just whatever you want? Cheers
BB
Anyone else on march course?

ukatco_535
3rd Mar 2006, 08:22
No uniform, wear what you feel appropriate for a professional career - whether you like it or not, you are being assessed from day one.

I would not wear jeans, but I know people that have. Trousers/chinos and shirt/polo neck is a pretty good compromise and comfortable.

Having said that, most or the time I wore a tie, but it's not needed.

Good luck, and welcome

Someone_Else
3rd Mar 2006, 11:01
Lets be more specific, you are not allowed to wear jeans/trainers/t-shirts Monday to Thursday, however every Friday is generally when the college "lets there hair down" and you can wear pretty much what you want.

Generally shirt and trousers is the norm (a tie is reserved for special occasions :) )

This is a college policy and as you will find out, does not continue in other parts of the company.

Well done and good luck...

Angrel
3rd Mar 2006, 16:41
nice one big boeing! :ok: i just passed my interview so see u at the college!

Plumaveloz
3rd Mar 2006, 22:34
You will never have a second chance to give a good first impression. Al least in Spain, DO NOT, I say again, DO NOT dress yourself as the controllers you have seen on the facilities. :}

Greetings.

Á.

Plumaveloz
3rd Mar 2006, 22:35
My reply came too late. Anyway, congratulations!

Á.