PDA

View Full Version : A320 Air/Ground system resets

Perseverando88
2nd Mar 2006, 18:36
I have acquired some pages titled resetting of computers, systems that can be reset in ground or air.

It mentions refer to FCOM 03.04.24 and SIL 00-33.
What is SIL OO-33 ?

It has been acquired from maintenance (FLS maintrol )

There are many Air resets that are not in the QRH, FCOM , that I can not find anywhere else.

Yes we have to be very careful performing resets in the air.

But this information many pilots do not have and could be useful.

Any thoughts on Airbus 320 air resets ?

AlR
3rd Mar 2006, 19:12
Certain air-resets may have greater potential to negatively effect sub-systems than a ground reset would. Any time i do an Air reset I want to be talking to a guy on the ground that is monitoring the AirCraft systems and has access to a great deal of tech data during this time. Just like most computer glitchs, an Air reset may not go as planned.

Granted their are probably some that a fairly simple Air resets, however, the complx ones may really be annoying when the things go south.

oldebloke
4th Mar 2006, 03:49
nowaday's there are very few 'resets' in the air ,or on the ground.They've hidden the CB panels..
At one time one couldn't reset the FCU C/B's in the air..One had to do it ,with the parking brake set for 7 minutes,now of courses thats been changed as well..we got quite 'used' to reset of the FMGC's(one at a time with the flight directors off)..But the reset lists have been around for years and are handy to have..
Cheers.
:ok:

Swedish Steve
4th Mar 2006, 16:33
It has been acquired from maintenance (FLS maintrol )

I also use the FLS sheets at work (on the ground) and find them very useful.
I expect most A320 engineers have them.
Must congratulate the guy in FLS who compiled them.

Max Angle
4th Mar 2006, 17:06
There is no doubt you have to very carefull what you reset in the air. If it's not listed in the QRH section and listed as something that can be reset airbourne I . would leave it well alone. I've also got a copy of the engineers reset list and it's very usefull, shutting the whole thing down for 5 minutes sorts out most things anyway.

Wodrick
6th Mar 2006, 07:17
To answer the part of the question that has not been answered SIL 00-033 is Service Information Letter number 00-033 which specificially dealt with resetting of computers.
In doing a little research I find that this was quite recently (February) cancelled and the relevant information incorporated in the FCOM, AMM, and the TSM (Trouble Shooting Manual for non engineering types).
The information in these in some respects differs noticibly from earlier reset lists, and has much more information on cb pull times / BITE times etc.

I know the gent that produced the 'FLS Maintrol' list and agree that it is a good piece of work. While not detracting from it, it is a distillation and re-write of a much earlier version, variations of which I have seen from Eurocypria / Cyprus Airways and BCAL sources. I think (a personal opinion) that in the very early days it was something that the chaps were given at Tolouse on courses, I could be mistaken.

Said gent is now retired I believe, but his other peice of work, the DBdb, also referring to the minibus has to be seen to be believed.