PDA

View Full Version : 47 Sqn 90th Anniversary Celebrations 8-10 June

barkspop
27th Feb 2006, 10:19
47 Squadron, based at RAF Lyneham, are soon to celebrate their 90th anniversary, and invite all present and former 47 Squadron members and their families to join them for a series of events to mark the occasion. The celebrations begin on Thursday 8th June, with the presentation of a new Squadron standard during a parade in front of the air terminal, followed by a buffet lunch in the Officers' Mess. Friday 9th June will be a golf day, with presentation of prizes at the end of the afternoon, and a dinner in the evening. Saturday 10th June will be a families and friends day at the Squadron, with a BBQ, flypasts and static displays. For further information contact Flt Lt Mark Frazer on 01249 896590, or by email on [email protected]

barkspop
9th Mar 2006, 08:17
I request that this thread be made a 'sticky' until the 8 June 06 (the date of the event).

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
10th Mar 2006, 19:49
(Not a sticky yet)

I'd like to point out that the new 47 Sqn Herc print, mounted and framed, might be available.

If enough of you PM, e mail or phone barkspop, the management might engage the local picture framer.

That would be me.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
10th Mar 2006, 21:38
I might try and make it down there.

Is it true that t****r Crawford is dead? That'll be a double celebration.

Last year (I heard) Aged 49, the big C (no he didn't drown)

I'll pass your condolences on to the Crawford family

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6.....

dessert_flyer
11th Mar 2006, 20:08
as much as the guy was unpopular, im not convinced that was the most appropriate posting on this thread.

propulike
11th Mar 2006, 20:22
I hope the celebrations for 47s' anniversary live up to the Sqn's reputation !

(Edited to remove now irrelevant information)

Always_broken_in_wilts
11th Mar 2006, 22:07
Bound to be a huge turn out:ok:
:{
all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Confucius
11th Mar 2006, 22:26
He made my life a misery, on a fine squadron that should have been the most fun of my time in the RAF.

If one shouldn't speak ill of the dead I'll say no more.

A happy 90th to all on 47.

Previous post deleted as some do not share my opinion of him.