PDA

View Full Version : flying jobs in Australia

SlowAndSilly
25th Feb 2006, 10:11
Hi,

I'll receive working permits for Australia within next year. At the moment I fly Dash 8s in Scandinavia.

How are the outlooks for jobs in different regions in Australia for a pilot with around 4000 hrs. Are any airlines recruiting?

brgds

inxs
25th Feb 2006, 13:55
Read:
"Skills assessments for migration purposes
As of 1 November 2005 the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs have removed aircraft pilots from the Skilled Occupation List.
Therefore, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority no longer issues skills assessments for the purpose General Skilled Migration. However, CASA is still required to conduct skills assessment for the purposes of migration in relation to pilots who have been nominated by their Australian employer under the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS).
Skills Assessment for the Purpose of Migration - Aircraft Pilots
Form 079 - Application for Skills Assessment for the Purpose of Migration - Aircraft Pilots
Should you have any further inquiries, please contact the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs:
Web site www.immi.gov.au
Telephone 131 881" - from CASA website.

This was done due to an excess of pilots in Oz - you're better off staying there..

Howard Hughes
25th Feb 2006, 19:31
Hi,
I'll receive working permits for Australia within next year. At the moment I fly Dash 8s in Scandinavia.
How are the outlooks for jobs in different regions in Australia for a pilot with around 4000 hrs. Are any airlines recruiting?
brgds
There have been several positions advertised in recent months for qualified Dash 8 drivers. But you will need some command time, if it's mostly F/O time you have, you might struggle.
Cheers, HH.:ok:

PS: Check your Pm's.