View Full Version : maintaining current on type

alexban
23rd Feb 2006, 19:53
Hy
Having an option to move from the 737 to the Bus,I wonder what would be the requirements in order to maintain also the 737 rating current?
I understand that the JAR FCL allows one to have two different type ratings current at the same time.
And if not,in case, let's say,over some period of time you want to apply for a contract on the former type,what would be the requirements to become current again on that type? (sim,grd school?)
I love my Boby ,but I'm also curious about the Bus,in this case the babybus..:cool:
Brgds...
Alex

Özcan
23rd Feb 2006, 20:12
hello mate

are you 100% sure that you can only keep current on 2 types at once?

alexban
24th Feb 2006, 06:35
the FCL specify no limit to type ratings current at the same time,but says the limits are written in the JAROPS.
Indeed ,at Appendix 1 to jar.ops 1980 you will find this limits.
For multi-pilot a/c the limit is 2 type ratings at the same time.
My question was about maintaining current on one license or about requirements in case you have a type rating expired,and you whished it renewed.
Like if you flew the 737 5 yrs ago and you want to fly it again.
Brgds..
Alex

chasing767
24th Feb 2006, 08:12
hi,
to my knowledge it's up to local Authority to decide what you are supposed to do to get the rating valid again in case you are not current on type you used to fly.
they shall consider all the aspects and then decide (FFS hours and possible oral exams/written test )

but I won't put me head.
regrds ch767

Piltdown Man
24th Feb 2006, 09:28
You need a valid LPC. These have a 12 month shelf life.

ant1
9th Mar 2006, 13:34
Take a look @ Page 89: Expired ratings (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS_06_WEB.pdf)