PDA

View Full Version : FI work abroad...

BongleBear
23rd Feb 2006, 11:16
hi all, sitting here with 2k vis, snow and freezing even inside has just made me wonder about work abroad. although i'm more than happy instructing in the uk, it's days like this that make your mind wonder...

does anyone know of any opportunities overseas? which countries will allow us to work/can we operate in using our jar licenses?

thanks, b bear

wow it's like christmas again

hardcase
23rd Feb 2006, 11:40
i have recently been talking to an owner of a flying school down in Jerez, Spain, he was looking for an FI a few weeks ago so I did think about it.

he reckoned on 4-5hrs flying a day and most of the students spoke good English or were English. He was also in the process of starting CPL/IR courses.

hardcase

BongleBear
23rd Feb 2006, 14:44
actually did my atpl course out there, great school. i have looked into that but i believe they're asking for min. 500hrs instruction. i've heard about fto's out in dubai and india.... sounds very interesting!

thanks, b bear

hardcase
23rd Feb 2006, 17:17
BB
this is another smaller school at Jerez. they only do SE PPL's at the mo but are looking at starting ME CPL, etc soon. I always fancied working in Dubai, boring Nav-ex's though i reckon....nothing but sand...;)
hardcase

inxs
24th Feb 2006, 14:55
BB
Why don't you try Oz - nice and warm most of the year round.
:ok:

ASIAN FROG
27th Feb 2006, 04:32
There are also 3 schools in Malaysia. But working conditions and professionalism can be poor. Salary is acceptable because cost of living is very low, if you have no loan to reimburse in Europe, it can be interesting.
(MFA, HMA, Asia Pacific Training in Kota Bahru). A fourth school has been announced in Sarawak, but not yet operational.
China (Panam) is also recruiting, numerous threads, salary around 2,000 US$ but environment and working conditions poor.
In few months, a JAR standard school, depending of an University, will open in NE Thailand, but too early to know the conditions.

YYZ
5th Mar 2006, 20:29
New one opening in Greece doing all JAA PPL/CPL & IR in July 2006?
They are looking for staff at all levels.

PM me if interested.

YYZ

Egnatia Instructor
5th Mar 2006, 20:33
Thanks for the email YYZ,

Yes that's us, anyone interested then feel free to PM me direct or go to the website, all levels will be considered...

Egnatia:ok: