PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Inverness flying club

gibr monkey
18th Feb 2006, 12:38
Any body got any more info on Inverness flying club, good or bad? The price seems good, almost as good as the uSA with out the hassle.

scroggs
18th Feb 2006, 13:11
The price for what?

Scroggs

Cpt. Chaos
18th Feb 2006, 18:42
I travelled a fair distance to go up there to do my PPL Skills Test a while ago, and I have just been back to do my Night Rating.

Excellent place to go, cheaper than most and very accommodating. Good for everything a PPL'er would want, from doing a PPL, hour Building to Night Rating and IMC Rating.

Very friendly people and cracking standard of instruction. They have links with Highland Airways which is next door and Air Atlantique, the two examiners they use are fantastic both very very experienced from DC3's to 747's.

I can't praise them enough, they will move mountains to help you and accommodate your needs.

Honestly get yourself up there, you'll not regret it, I haven't. They're better than anyone in the North West of England for sure. :ok:

wombat13
19th Feb 2006, 08:25
On holiday in August 2003 (Pre GST) I visited to go in the circuit for a while with an FI. Great place. Great people. Great school.

The Wombat

DB6
19th Feb 2006, 10:31
Look at the thread on NE Scotland flying clubs.

damp squib
19th Feb 2006, 14:44
I've been up to the Highland Flying School a couple of times and agree with everything in the above thread so far, they are really friendly people, will go out of their way to help you, its amazing value for money and what surprised me even more was how helpful and friendly ATC were.

Definately recommended! :)

high voltage
21st Feb 2006, 15:18
a delightful club to visit and everyone seemed quite happy to me.

the students and instructors I spoke to were quite accomodating