PDA

View Full Version : FAA IR recommendations ?

fltcom
15th Feb 2006, 09:38
Hi

Looking to go to the US later this year to finish off my IR training and complete the flight test (part 61) Do any of you have any recommendations for suitable schools - or places to avoid for that matter?

I have completed the syllabus (15 hours) plus a further 5 hours logged and will have done the writtens. Also done all the x/c requirements.

Flt....

Chilli Monster
15th Feb 2006, 10:14
Angel City Flyers, Long Beach California. Seosamh will look after you (as many on here will testify). "Aviator LGB" is one of his instructors if you want to know more

Julian
15th Feb 2006, 12:20
Fltcom,

Can also vouce for ACF having used them several times previously both for training as as a source of aircraft hire (they dont own any aircraft themselves but have the contacts to get you something suitable to your needs).

You should get yourself a copy of the FARs and make sure you meet all the requirements for the IR, not just the XC. Mate of mine was sat in front the examiner when he pulled for not having any night hours ( as he didnt have a Night qual at the time he didnt fly any night legs). If you have an FAA PPL then you should be ok on this but make sure you dont get caught out like he did.

Good luck! Best qualification you will ever earn!

Julian