PDA

View Full Version : T/O Config warnings on the BUS

A330AV8R
15th Feb 2006, 07:14
Was reading the other thread that involved the same problem simulated in a 737 ....
This is for all the BUSBOYS .
T/O INHIBIT In magenta on EWD when levers are moved to FLEX/MCT is the standard order of the day as most of you know !
MY Q is .
Will the warning occur during this phase if the Flap and lever position do not match ?
Thoughts plz
FLEX 35 SRS .....
:ok:

Hand Solo
15th Feb 2006, 10:31
The T/O inhibit is not triggered by setting FLEX/MCT, it is triggered at a certain ground speed (approx 80kts IIRC) although in reality it seems to come up at about 50 kts groundspeed. Red warnings are not inhibited by the T/O inhibit so in your scenario the config warning should sound.

A330AV8R
15th Feb 2006, 13:03
Correction to my statement solo , I didnt quiet construct the sentence right . . . .

Your right it does come on at around that time . . .approx 50 kts in the older versions ... its a TAD more accurate on the newer ones though ...

Having said that suppose you do get a warning .... what do you do ? nearing V1 post 100kts

:}

Hand Solo
15th Feb 2006, 13:16
Stop. Every time. You can always stop prior to V1. Why risk seeing if the aircraft will fly?

PRNAV1
15th Feb 2006, 16:16
Stop. Every time. You can always stop prior to V1. Why risk seeing if the aircraft will fly?
Well said, do not play with the odds.
I hate it when people say "Oh, i cotinued 'cuz i thought this problem wouldn't affect the safety of the Flt. BS!
Are you telling me you actually had time to acknowledge the warning, process it and calculate whether it would be a threat or not...:hmm:? Yeah Right!
If you get the ECAM before V1 just stop the T/O then ask questions.

FlapsOne
15th Feb 2006, 17:11
T/O Inhibit is active in flight phases 3,4 and 5. Phase 3 starts when the 1st engine reaches T/O power (Flex/TOGA). It's not linked to a groundsped. The move between phases 3 and 4 is linked to 80Kts. (FCOM 1.31)

You will get a config warning well, well before V1 unless the config prob actually develops somehow during the T/O roll rather than exisiting at the time of the start of the roll.