View Full Version : ICAO Red book

groundog
14th Feb 2006, 11:21
Hi all,

I work as a DG Instructor in a ground services company and currently having many courses ongoing like "DG awarness for new employee" which is like initial CAT 8 course held when tutoring new employees. Anyway, as I tell about NOTOC I tell them also about emergency response code and ICAO's red book.

Can anyone of you provide me an example page from ICAO red book and pls tell me if that book has some other 'official name'.

:ok:

-OG

compressor stall
14th Feb 2006, 15:51
The red book is also known as the ERG - Emergency Response Guide.

I think - I'll have a look at it tomorrow. What do mean by an example page? Do you want a scan, or some numbers?

groundog
14th Feb 2006, 16:00
Hi

Did some research and found out that the actual name of the documentary is "Emergency Response Guidance for Aircraft Incidents Involving Dangerous Goods" i.e the "Red Book". This was found from IATA DG training programme manual, as I browsed it thru more carefully.

Yes, I would appreciate a scan of the front page, just to show my students (many of them are fresh pilots from school still awaiting job to meet education) how does the book look like. I actually have a scan or original example of the chart somewhere. Google image search cannot find anything.

If you have some stories involving NOTOC or DG related incidents I'd be more than happy to interview you and maybe there might be a situation that both parties can take advantage of - I have experience on special air cargo from 6 yrs. Questions or "disbeliefs" you name it.

:ok: