PDA

View Full Version : TGAviation, How Long?...

jamielatham
13th Feb 2006, 23:39
Hey;

I was thinking about starting my PPL as i attend college just to keep my interest until i complete college and move on to progress with my Flight Training, Anyway, i was wandering how long has it taken for previous students to complete their PPL at TGAviation at Manston, Kent...

Thanks

Jay

CBLong
14th Feb 2006, 08:46
Hi Jay,

I did my PPL at TG and would have no problem recommending them. Re: your question, do you mean "how many hours of instruction", or "how many months went by"? I'm not sure what you're hoping to measure by knowing those numbers, but in any case, I spread it over about three years, which meant I had to keep revising things due to long breaks without any flying, which meant I had about 50 hours when I finally took my skills test.

HTH,

Chris.

Jetscream 32
14th Feb 2006, 16:33
An excellent flying training company with good instructors, good facilities and everything you need to complete - as for time etc - its all down to your availability and the weather.

If you can set yourself at least 1 or 2 flights a week then you should crack it very quickly with little need for revision between lesson's other than to demonstrate that you havnt forgotten.

Mark, Gina, Bob, and Andy im sure will extend a warm welcome.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

jamielatham
14th Feb 2006, 17:11
Thanks for the replies

Basically i have the money so i just want to get up in the air, dont think you blame me...lol

so hopefully ill try to fly nearly everyday, or reduce that to a few a week..

is it the more frequent you fly, the better? or is this over the top?

Thanks

Jay

foxmoth
14th Feb 2006, 17:45
is it the more frequent you fly, the better? or is this over the top?
Go for frequent - I did it on a scholarship in 4 weeks and the continuity was a definite help to get it done in the minimum no of hours.:ok:

jamielatham
14th Feb 2006, 20:56
cheerz mate

Jay