PDA

View Full Version : airtourer checklist

stocker
13th Feb 2006, 14:03
I need a checklist or poh for a Glos(victa) Airtourer T5 super 150, can anyone help me out on this one?

Say again s l o w l y
13th Feb 2006, 17:32
I'll see what I can do as we have one at the airfield, though I think it's a 160. (As if it makes any difference.)

Tarq57
14th Feb 2006, 06:45
Did a bit of flying on Airtourer variants some years back, but have no docs. for same. It might be an idea to post on the D&G gen. aviation branch.
They were originally designed in Aussie (Victa) developed further in NZ (AESL-now Pacific Aerospace) and the "glos" is the UK version.
Was Glos the importer there, or did they assemble/build/develop them too?

VT10
14th Feb 2006, 11:42
I believe I've a POH for a 150S; I may even have it available electronically.
I'll check tonight and let you know.

wbryce
14th Feb 2006, 12:11
VT10,

You have a PM! :)

Malcolm G O Payne
14th Feb 2006, 21:50
I was one of the demonstration pilots for Glos-air on the Airtourer. I dont have a POH, but somewhere in my archives I have a copy of a flight test report done in Flight International.
I did some of the flying for the group photographer who had never done formation aero photos. It was agreed with the pilot flying him that I would dive from behind and above the starboard wing, aiming to get low and ahead of his aircraft and then pull up into a loop aiming to pass as close as possible to their aircraft on the way up. I don't know if it worked as I didn't see any results.By the way, the original design originated in this country as the result of a competition, but no-one was interested in building it and the design was take to Australia. Glos-air imported them. The CT4 Airtrainer built for the RAAF and several other air forces is a derivative of the design.

stocker
15th Feb 2006, 08:50
that would be very much appreciated

VT10
15th Feb 2006, 11:44
Malcolm,
Best aircraft ever built and still going strong. Both in the UK & expecially in Oz.

Stocker,
I'll get you a copy on its way this evening. There's ot alot Airtourer that I haven't got access to.

Even picked up an original Victa sales brochure from france this year!

stocker
15th Feb 2006, 13:52
original sales brochure available on e-bay yesterday, not sure if it still is

stocker
15th Feb 2006, 13:56
brochure is still on ebay and will be for 4 more days.
Just type in "airtourer" , its the only entry.

djpil
16th Feb 2006, 08:59
By the way, the original design originated in this country as the result of a competition, but no-one was interested in building it and the design was take to Australia.
For info - it was an Australian team which won the UK contest but the designers were not impressed that the offer to produce the winning design in the UK was not honoured. Leader was Polish-born Henry Millicer who worked at Percival (compare the Airtourer general arrangement with the Provost) before moving to Oz. Structure by Gordon Bennett, ex-UK but don't know where he worked. Jim Tutty was the draftsman.
I still have that Flight article and an original brochure too. Don't have a T5 checklist.
My opinion is that the T6 is the best of the series. Ex-Singapore Air Force examples here. Certified to FAR 23 so snap rolls permitted (well, NZ approved all models for snaps but still not generally permitted here), thicker wing skins and heavier than a T5. No stall strips on the wing so it likes to drop a wing and not easy to keep it to only one excursion. Spins a little differently.

VT10
16th Feb 2006, 18:48
March 2006 edition of Pilot Magazine may be of interest to you all.

Decent article on the Victa Airtrainer, also known as the CT-4.