PDA

View Full Version : safety culture CHIRP

Itswindyout
13th Feb 2006, 11:51
I am involved with a European AOC company as a line pilot, and we recently had a major technical problem. My thanks go to manufactures help line who managing to get us safely on the ground, I have had NO follow up from the company, the manufacturer, or the regional "authority".
There has been a manufactures circular, that has not been passed on to crews, plus two changes to the Pre departure checks, that have not been brought to our attention.
The company have a disregard of the JAA flight time requirements, and with this total disregard for safety and the follow up actions. So much so that I am considering CHIRP, as the logical next step.
Has any one had positive results from CHIRP, in similar situation.

windy.

BOAC
13th Feb 2006, 14:19
Chirp is good; they will de-identify if you ask; they will, of course (if they publish) also 'spread the word' which is what you seek(?), and naturally probably obtain comment either from internal sources or external.

Hopefully that will constitute 'positive results'?

TURIN
13th Feb 2006, 21:13
CHIRP is very very good.
You do not have to ask them to de-identify you they do it automatically.

I have used it several times now with no comeback from my own company (or anyone else's for that matter).

You have had the good fortune to live and learn, spread the word and save a life.

Centaurus
14th Feb 2006, 19:40
I agree. But although CHIRP will look into your matter, experience indicates that your operator will not change its attitudes. Writing to CHIRP will ease your conscience and at least you did something to try and rectify things without being overzealous and risking your job. That shows wisdom.

chevvron
15th Feb 2006, 06:42
CHIRP is excellent; I've met Peter Tait several times and he's really good; he takes advice from people in the know for anything he can't sort himself, and passes de-identified details to SRG when it's an issue requiring legal action.