PDA

View Full Version : Groups based in Bournemouth

Jimmy5616
12th Feb 2006, 15:42
I was wondering if any of you could help me.

I have recently moved to the south coast, and am looking for a group based in Bournemouth with a piston single. I'm really interested in finding a non-capitol group, but would also consider a capitol group.

Any suggestions?

18greens
12th Feb 2006, 21:07
How about Aeronautique? Do a google search. Should be good.

Jetscream 32
14th Feb 2006, 16:36
what type are you looking for / what experience do you have etc /
Do you want aerobatic/vintage/spam can/ retractable/ twin????

Jimmy5616
14th Feb 2006, 22:23
I am looking primarily for a "spam can" PA-28 archer or warrier would be ideal, However I would consider a more complex single such as an Arrow. I have 100 hrs total with IMC rating.

Jetscream 32
18th Feb 2006, 22:08
why a group then? - why not just hire and have none of the ownership hassles? - you will always find a club with an aeroplane if you want to go touring - just pre pay for a block of hours in advance - makes no difference whether you fly them 1 hour over ten weeks or 10 hrs in 4 days - if they whinge - just say ok - i will find another club that will - im sure they wil change their tune if your a regular flyer with them.???

Jimmy5616
19th Feb 2006, 00:28
Well, In my origional post I did express a preferance for a non-capital group.

I don't know of many clubs that would be happy for me to take one of their aircraft away for a couple of days...or even a whole day for that matter.

So the reasons I want a group:

- availability tends to be better than a club

- the aircraft can be taken away for a few days

- the aircraft are usually very well looked after and are not slammed into the runway 15 times a day by ham-fisted student pilots.

Genghis the Engineer
19th Feb 2006, 08:24
If you don't mind an hours drive, you might find it well worth heading up the road to Popham.

Lots of groups, at just about every type and price bracket imaginable (well, so long as it's fixed wing and single engine).

I'm sure there is a zero-capital group somewhere in the south of England, but frankly I've never met it. I doubt anywhere you'll get away with putting less than £2k in for a group A share.

G