PDA

View Full Version : Where to do FI? Will any schools take you on afterwards?

lloydsky
11th Feb 2006, 18:20
Does anyone know of a particularly good school to do FI? Does it matter where you do it? Would you get work in uk if you did the FI in the states?
And finally - anyone know of any schools that would take you on after you finish the course with them (if you're good)?

Thanks

Dude~
11th Feb 2006, 18:52
I think everyone would recommend the school at which they trained, so just read some previous posts to get an idea of your options.

No school will guarantee emplyment. It is often a matter of timing so if an FI leaves while you are training then you may be offered the position if you are good.

But I wouldn't worry about finding work much. When I had to choose somewhere to train, I decided not to worry about finding work, or choosing somewhere that 'might' employ me after. Instead I chose a place that was convienient and where I was happy with the instructor, aircraft and facilities.

Suggest you do the same.

Re. USA training, it might be an idea to ask places where you would like to work what they think of USA training and would they consider you if you were USA trained.

Bear in mind that the market is pretty good at the moment and you shouldn't have much trouble finding a job if you are prepared to relocate.

porridge
11th Feb 2006, 18:59
Check your PM's
Regards, P